Jack Grealish / signs new 5 year contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

bucky

I've watched him a bunch this season now and I'm convinced by him. First touch is special, he doesn't play it safe. He's a clear level above a guy like Lallana was at Southampton, think he'd do well here.
Yep, also convinced that he'd be a good signing.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
If Villa go down, he's surely the man to go for.
Seems to have more about him than Maddison.

Litch

We'll never know how good he is or can be until he's playing with better players around him.....

Mainoldo

Can you imagine Grealish in this system. He’d look like Peirera. Not a clue what the game plan is.

Canadianred17

Overrated British player. No other top team, especially in the other top leagues, would buy him.

Mainoldo

No he wouldn't, has miles more ability than him
Think your missing my point!!! He’s not going to play for us like he plays for Villa. Us and Burnley play the worst football in the league for a reason.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Think your missing my point!!! He’s not going to play for us like he plays for Villa. Us and Burnley play the worst football in the league for a reason.
Villa are pretty shite to be honest

Mainoldo

Villa are pretty shite to be honest
They play attacking football though. There Shite because they don’t have Anthony Martial, Harry Maguire, Victor Lindelof, AWB quality. Hell even Luke Shaw.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
They play attacking football though. There Shite because they don’t have Anthony Martial, Harry Maguire, Victor Lindelof, AWB quality. Hell even Luke Shaw.
They play shite football mate, since the injuries its amazing Grealish looks so good and shows what a top player he is

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
If Villa go down, he's surely the man to go for.
Seems to have more about him than Maddison.
Maddison is going to be a key player in a Champions League team, and a club that really don't need to cash in on him.
I think that transfer is dead in the water unless there's a dramatic upturn in United's season.
On the other hand, Grealish could well be in a relegated side, they would take the money, and Grealish would want to remain in the Premier League. So that's a possibility.

poleglass red

Maddison is going to be a key player in a Champions League team, and a club that really don't need to cash in on him.
I think that transfer is dead in the water unless there's a dramatic upturn in United's season.
On the other hand, Grealish could well be in a relegated side, they would take the money, and Grealish would want to remain in the Premier League. So that's a possibility.
are you talking Villa?

Jibbs

We cannot simply buy a Grealish / Maddison / Fernandes without buying a proper defensive midfielder / deep lying play-maker. There has to be couple of additions in Midfield.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
I've never been sure but just hearing Dean Smith talking about him. You'd think Villa manager would talk him down but he's pretty much said Grealish can make it at anywhere. Talked about not just goals and creating goals but also attitude and his character. Got to be an improvement on a lot of the guys we've got right now (and given that there's no doubt in my mind that Pogba will leave in the summer). We have to accept that we are not going to get the very best in the world until we are back in the top four, so one level down makes sense

Ekeke

I've never been sure but just hearing Dean Smith talking about him. You'd think Villa manager would talk him down but he's pretty much said Grealish can make it at anywhere. Talked about not just goals and creating goals but also attitude and his character. Got to be an improvement on a lot of the guys we've got right now (and given that there's no doubt in my mind that Pogba will leave in the summer). We have to accept that we are not going to get the very best in the world until we are back in the top four, so one level down makes sense
I think you should rate him for other reasons because hes clearly a good player, but hearing the manager of Aston Villa who is going to get them relegated say that he could make it anywhere is hardly a glowing reference.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
What’s drawing me to Grealish is that fact that he’s a talisman and used to dragging a club through games week in week out. We need that ourselves sadly.

Mainoldo

What’s drawing me to Grealish is that fact that he’s a talisman and used to dragging a club through games week in week out. We need that ourselves sadly.
They play good football though we don’t. He wouldn’t look that impressive at Burnley and as we play worst football than them. He’d look crap here too.

But here’s for hoping we don’t have a coaching problem and all our players just magically get worse as they join us.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
They play good football though we don’t. He wouldn’t look that impressive at Burnley and as we play worst football than them. He’d look crap here too.

But here’s for hoping we don’t have a coaching problem and all our players just magically get worse as they join us.
I don’t disagree.

beingshe7don

Grealish for 45m would be great deal and I think he could work well with Bruno (if we get him). Grealish, Bruno and Fred could work well.

TheRedHearted

Grealish for 45m would be great deal and I think he could work well with Bruno (if we get him). Grealish, Bruno and Fred could work well.
Was just about to ask people if they think this could work. Bissaka does enough defense duties it could work.

Come on man. Without injuries we’ve looked rather swift and confident. We’ve needed to boost our midfield for long and Grealish would bring a lot of speed and danger for us there.

beingshe7don

Was just about to ask people if they think this could work. Bissaka does enough defense duties it could work.

Come on man. Without injuries we’ve looked rather swift and confident. We’ve needed to boost our midfield for long and Grealish would bring a lot of speed and danger for us there.
What I actually like about Grealish is his quick acceleration on the break which could suit counter attacking style. However, Grealish won't be able to create the same number of chances as Maddison would. But with the shortage of money and so on, I would wrap up with Grealish quickly especially if there are any chances of them getting relegated.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
I know you are having a dig at Ole here, but this makes no sense. Villa are cant be better than us and worse than us at the same time. Grealish has 7 goals and 5 assists in the PL this season vs Pereira who has 1 (incredibly lucky) goal and 3 assists. Hes a MUCH better player

I also read somewhere that hes the "most fouled" player in the entire league and his ability to advance with the ball at his feet is something we truly are missing. Honestly if we had the choice between Grealish and Bruno i would much rather we go for the former. People scoff at the notion of buying PL proven players, but at least then you know what you are getting more or less and you know that particular player can handle the league.

With Bruno we risk it being another Mikitharian situation, where a player with great stats from another league looks completely lost in the PL.

Mainoldo

I know you are having a dig at Ole here, but this makes no sense. Villa are cant be better than us and worse than us at the same time. Grealish has 7 goals and 5 assists in the PL this season vs Pereira who has 1 (incredibly lucky) goal and 3 assists. Hes a MUCH better player

I also read somewhere that hes the "most fouled" player in the entire league and his ability to advance with the ball at his feet is something we truly are missing. Honestly if we had the choice between Grealish and Bruno i would much rather we go for the former. People scoff at the notion of buying PL proven players, but at least then you know what you are getting more or less and you know that particular player can handle the league.

With Bruno we risk it being another Mikitharian situation, where a player with great stats from another league looks completely lost in the PL.
You can if my point doesn’t go over your head. I said he wouldn’t be able to perform because he’s a technical player that needs to be around good players that want to play intricate football. I mean my Saturday team play football but we aren’t Manchester United level.

Manchester United do not play good football and It’s the reason why we look crap every week. You can’t tell me good footballers will look good in this team. We can’t even get Paul Pogba to look good. You think Grealish would.

Ekeke

You can if my point doesn’t go over your head. I said he wouldn’t be able to perform because he’s a technical player that needs to be around good players that want to play intricate football. I mean my Saturday team play football but we aren’t Manchester United level.

Manchester United do not play good football and It’s the reason why we look crap every week. You can’t tell me good footballers will look good in this team. We can’t even get Paul Pogba to look good. You think Grealish would.
I think it would be harder for him, given he's mostly been about key passes this season and those need good movement... And we barely have movement. But I think he'd still be a good player for us

Rocknrolla69er

What I actually like about Grealish is his quick acceleration on the break which could suit counter attacking style. However, Grealish won't be able to create the same number of chances as Maddison would. But with the shortage of money and so on, I would wrap up with Grealish quickly especially if there are any chances of them getting relegated.
Research chances created from open play this season, Grealish creates plenty

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
I think it would be harder for him, given he's mostly been about key passes this season and those need good movement... And we barely have movement. But I think he'd still be a good player for us
Goals, assists, link up play (a great focal point), dribbles, key passes..

I know you kind of made up your mind last year after the Maddison vs Grealish discussion, but dont do this to yourself again. Better to admit you were wrong.

finneh

The only thing I'd say is he doesn't seem to press at much of a high intensity.
This is my concern in truth. He's the kind of player that will shine where he's the creative hub with no responsibilities in pressing, tracking back or defending from the front.

However we already have a disjointed/ineffectual system partly because half of our attackers/advanced midfielders press and half do not, meaning our press is simple to bypass.

We bring in Grealish and we still have the same issue, albeit with a slightly more gifted cog carrying it out.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
This is my concern in truth. He's the kind of player that will shine where he's the creative hub with no responsibilities in pressing, tracking back or defending from the front.

However we already have a disjointed/ineffectual system partly because half of our attackers/advanced midfielders press and half do not, meaning our press is simple to bypass.

We bring in Grealish and we still have the same issue, albeit with a slightly more gifted cog carrying it out.
I think this is a valid point. That is the big question mark hanging over Grealish. Can he press? I guess this is what a good manager should be able to develop in his game.

Statsbomb actually have stats on pressure and pressure regains. It can be difficult to compare as Aston Villa is not a team that press very well, but I found a «radar» om KdB and one on Grealish;

https://statsbomb.com/2019/11/what-does-jose-mourinho-bring-to-spurs/

(At the end of the article. Their numbers is not very different. You could argue that Grealish should press more as Villa dont have the ball that much. On the other hand, it is probably easier to press at Man City.)

Last edited:

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Overrated British player. No other top team, especially in the other top leagues, would buy him.
This kind of post is becoming so tiresome. It's just trotted out for every single British player these days.

Grealish is very obviously a talented football player.

Conor

You are a moron, Villa are 2 points from the relegation zone, we have scored 11 more goals than them, with our strikers being our best performers. How would adding a creative midfielder behind that work out in the way you're saying? Please stop spouting your absolute crap in every thread, it is painful to read.

finneh

I think this is a valid point. That is the big question mark hanging over Grealish. Can he press? I guess this is what a good manager should be able to develop in his game
I do think under a strong and meticulous manager he could develop that part of his game ala De Bruyne.

However I have no confidence that would happen at United, as it hasn't with Martial and co. In the absence of that managerial leadership I think we need to look at players who naturally fit a system.

Ekeke

Goals, assists, link up play (a great focal point), dribbles, key passes..

I know you kind of made up your mind last year after the Maddison vs Grealish discussion, but dont do this to yourself again. Better to admit you were wrong.
Its the key passes where he shines, the rest he's among a list of players and not at the top

Its amazing when you praise a player and then fanboys come at you and say "moar!". Maybe you should leave it to his agent.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
This kind of post is becoming so tiresome. It's just trotted out for every single British player these days.

Grealish is very obviously a talented football player.
Maybe. But more likely he either he has his limitations in much the same respect as someone like Maguire does or he is very talented and we'll ruin him.

Judas

Open to offers
I don't know why some foreign fans don't appreciate that we're an English club and a lot of us take great pleasure in having brilliant British talent playing for us, its been that way for decades. The amount of dislike for talented players because they're British is bizarre, and it seems to be getting worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.