Jack Grealish / signs new 5 year contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

0le

Did some posters here suggest there was some gentleman's agreement between Grealish and the club that he would go for about 40m? What was the source for that info?

Wayne's World

Don't believe everything you see....if we offer £40 million, Villa will accept.

I'm fairly certain Grealish would have been given word that he can be moved this summer and there's no way that both his parties and Villa agreed to an 80 million valuation.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
I don't see us paying £50m+ for a squad player while we have room for improvement in the first XI like at centre back.

Shark

@NotShark
If we paid £52m for a complete dud like Fred...
Fred had a great spell for us before lockdown and will still prove a good squad player. Yeah we overpaid but you'll see next season how handy he'll come in when we need to rotate.

-Supreme-

Don't believe everything you see....if we offer £40 million, Villa will accept.

I'm fairly certain Grealish would have been given word that he can be moved this summer and there's no way that both his parties and Villa agreed to an 80 million valuation.
Agreed - his fee will surprise a lot of people on here.

Ace of Spades

No one is paying 80m even in a normal market, much less now. At most it will be 40m, or we will look elsewhere.

The Oracle

I don’t think Fred could single handedly carry Villa to safety in the Premier league mate

What I meant was, the Villa hierarchy will know that we pay massive amounts for average players - a classic example being Fred

...so if Villa are wanting circa £80m for Grealish, then you can't blame them, because he is lot better than Fred.

SATA

What I meant was, the Villa hierarchy will know that we pay massive amounts for average players - a classic example being Fred

...so if Villa are wanting circa £80m for Grealish, then you can't blame them, because he is lot better than Fred.
Then they can keep an unhappy player. No one will pay 80M for Jack Grealish. Not even City. I suspect he will go for a lot lesser though. It’s just posturing imo

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Wish we could send Chong there on loan. See what he’s made of playing some footy in the Prem. Otherwise we can always offer Andreas or Jones. I’m sure Villa will find them attractive
Not with 55m being paid.

Devil may care

"Mr Aston Villa!.....might have played his last game.".....Is he dying? The MOTD commentator was hilarious last night. :lol:

He's a good player but we need Sancho, a DM and a CB way more.

Rolaholic

I'd love to have him as a squad option but for the reported fee Villa are after, Donny VDB or Partey would offer much better value at half the price.

If he really does want to join he needs to have a word with the club about being realistic about his price because 80m even in a non-covid affected market would be ridiculous

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Villa will get a strong reality check. Half that asking price and you have us, otherwise we can move on to alternative targets.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
I genuinely think Villa will let him go for less if he expresses his wish to leave. He stayed with them in the championship, he’s kept them up, he’s earned the right to get a big move. Sticking an 80m price tag on him is massively unfair to him. Maybe I’m being naive in thinking that, football is a business I guess but I don’t think they should stand in his way if he does now want to move on.

Villa need to get real, Grealish isn’t even capped for England and hasn’t played in Europe. So where are they getting £80mil figure from??

jamesjimmybyrondean

80m is such a ridiculous price. I'd definitely make a fuss if I was Grealish especially after helping you stay up. Reminding me of Zaha and Palace

midnightmare

There’s no evidence of this when you compare the leagues, ands he Madrid bound anyway
“Was” Madrid bound. Real Madrid aren’t making any major signings - or any signings really - this window. They’ve admitted that openly. Loads behind it. As such, while I definitely believe we have Grealish higher on our wishlist, it’s quite easily conceivable that we’ll use interest in VDB to drive down Grealish’s price and may well even opt for him if a deal can’t be agreed. VDB appears to have a high ceiling, can play across the midfield and is a neat player himself - though very different to Grealish. He’d be good cover and may even place less “demands” for game time.

sherrinford

Villa need to get real, Grealish isn’t even capped for England and hasn’t played in Europe. So where are they getting £80mil figure from??
From his performance levels, the general state of the transfer market and the fact they are rich and have no interest in selling their best player. Not being capped for England is irrelevant and only the business end of the Champion's League is a higher standard than the Premier League.

windycityfan

It makes complete sense. We’re an injury away to Bruno or Pogba or away from fielding Championship players in key creative areas. Grealish provides cover and competition for all three positions behind the striker.

We need a quality squad. If Martial is quiet then we need the option of playing Rashford or Greenwood centrally ahead of him. If Rashford looks bang out of form, we need to be able to field a player like Grealish ahead of him. If Bruno is injured then we need a player like Grealish to come in for him.

The club should be doing everything in its power to rid itself of the likes of Lingard and Pereira and replace them with players like Grealish. Right wing and attacking midfield remains the most important positions in which we need to buy as the alternatives are simply too bad.
Agree wholeheartedly. The cover needs to be applied to the attack, which became resurrected and is the club’s biggest strength. Sancho to the right with Greenwood as cover, Grealish to the middle/left to rotate between Bruno, Pogba and Rashford - who in turn provides cover for Martial. A solidified and well supported attack will also be the best cover for any issues deeper/behind it.

Classical Mechanic

Did some posters here suggest there was some gentleman's agreement between Grealish and the club that he would go for about 40m? What was the source for that info?
There were rumours of a £40m clause a while back. Villa denied it. I thought it was possible because he was very close to signing for Spurs a couple of years ago but stayed with Villa and signed a new contract.

TheReligion

Abusive

Fred is a Brazilian international and had been playing CL football for many years. It's not really a fair comparison irrespective of how the deal looks now.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Just move on. There's no reason Villa would sell him for cheap. Would us sell Bruno for 50m if Real Madrid came knocking? Just impossible.

Rajma

Unless he goes on a big strike and kicks-up a real fuss this one is not happening now that Villa staying up.

ash_86

I'd be surprised if jack doesn't have a gentle man agreement with Villa board to let him go if a offer in range of 50m comes in.

Alemar

Indeed. Chelsea will probably pay less than that for Havertz.
For this figures, it’s better to hijack Havertz himself, actually. If he wants to join Chelsea, there are no reasons to believe he wouldn’t want to join a better team instead

The Oracle

Then they can keep an unhappy player. No one will pay 80M for Jack Grealish. Not even City. I suspect he will go for a lot lesser though. It’s just posturing imo

Yeah there is definitely an aspect of posturing going on, and with Villa knowing Utd may be interested the price jumps up automatically.

Infra-red

For this figures, it’s better to hijack Havertz himself, actually. If he wants to join Chelsea, there are no reasons to believe he wouldn’t want to join a better team instead
I don't think we have the money if we also want Sancho. I doubt net spend will run to more than £100m this summer.

Tiber

Its an area where I think its vital to strengthen and I love the player. But I just don't see the club putting in the required investment beyond Sancho.

Think we will make the one big splashy signing and this time next year we will all still be complaining we were several players short of really competing.

RORY65

He's in a weird position because the clubs who would be interested and where he would be pivotal don't seem to have the money (Arsenal, Spurs etc.) while the clubs that do have money (United, Chelsea, City etc.) may not want to invest the time and money in getting a player who wouldn't necessarily even start in the biggest games. Villa's owners are really wealthy so there's no need to sell and I doubt that unless there is serious goodwill towards Grealish for what he has done, letting him go for cheaper, that there will be a buyer.

Anustart89

Pretty shitty from Villa to play hardball if he wants out after he's just pulled them from relegation. Proper dick move, and you'd be surprised to see him appear motivated for them if forced to stay (or priced out of a move).

Status
Not open for further replies.