Jack Grealish

Brightonian

What’s that based off? Im sure Bruno has more experience playing as 8 than Grealish has.
To be honest they're very similar. Both have the brains and feet to be almost as effective whether playing as #8, #10 or as a wide AM. That said, Grealish is the one I would put at #8 because he puts more emphasis on ball retention, whereas Bruno prefers to always take the risk and attack more directly. You don't really want your #8 to be giving the ball away as much as Bruno does, but at #10 those risks are more justifiable and less likely to lead to a counter against you.

Prodigal7

In the summer 80m for Grealish or 40m for VDB seemed like a no brainer but what Grealish is doing this season is really showing that he is (at least) double the player VDB is

I'd love him here, the fact you have to foul him to get the ball off of him means we really could go 433 with him and Bruno as two number 10's. Still need that right winger though - so basically the business we should have done last summer (Grealish and Sancho)
Grealish was brilliant last season too and one of the most creative players in Europe. It seems that just because his team is doing better people suddenly think he’s played better, which isn’t the case. His tram mates are just giving him more options.

RooneyLegend

We're not signing a whole Jack Grealish to play him as an 8. As I said before, he's the best player in the league. Sign him and figure out where to play him later. He's that good and our team is far from sorted out as is. Im amazed Southgate isn't lookin at Grealish and Maddison and thinking that's a playmaking axis that could take England far.

RooneyLegend

Grealish was brilliant last season too and one of the most creative players in Europe. It seems that just because his team is doing better people suddenly think he’s played better, which isn’t the case. His tram mates are just giving him more options.
He's certainly better. He's improved the timing of his passing a fair bit.

Idxomer

No way Grealish would work in a double pivot, it would also be wasting his talents to play him there.

snk123

when Bruno has been doing this rate of productivity for a full year at United
I love Bruno but when exactly will we start acknowledging that Bruno has been piss poor for two months now? Apart from the free kick in the FA Cup - he’s been awful.

GoldTrafford99

We're not signing a whole Jack Grealish to play him as an 8. As I said before, he's the best player in the league. Sign him and figure out where to play him later. He's that good and our team is far from sorted out as is. Im amazed Southgate isn't lookin at Grealish and Maddison and thinking that's a playmaking axis that could take England far.

Said no great manager ever!

FFS.

Solskjaer is in the third season of a 4-5 year plan.

Kag

If and when Pogba leaves then you put all that money towards this guy.

I’d play him out on the left, too. Rashford either sinks or swims up top. Grealish is too good to allow to go elsewhere and he’d help solve our issues against low blocks. He’s made for United.

RooneyLegend

I love Bruno but when exactly will we start acknowledging that Bruno has been piss poor for two months now? Apart from the free kick in the FA Cup - he’s been awful.
Not the place to criticise a modern day Eric Cantona..

Godfather

Nothing better than using an oppo player to have a go at one of our own players... Bruno "piss poor" for two months... Heard it all now. I know some of you have a strange man crush on Graelish and that's OK but things get a bit out of hand with garbage like that.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Ffs. He had like 2 poor performances and suddenly he's been piss poor. Nice. Guessing you weren't a fan of Rooney when he scored 35 goals in 11/12?

the hea

If we sign him fitting him in the team will be no problem he would instantly be our best player alongside Bruno and the only question would be where we fit in the rest of our attackers.

bucky

If and when Pogba leaves then you put all that money towards this guy.

I’d play him out on the left, too. Rashford either sinks or swims up top. Grealish is too good to allow to go elsewhere and he’d help solve our issues against low blocks. He’s made for United.
Exactly what we should do.

GoldTrafford99

He's versatile enough to make that provision for him.

Solskjaer hasn't got a plan at all. Don't know what you're on about.

Your level of football insight is at a low one.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has creamed off the best young teen talent around the world over the past year and a bit; from right out of the Real Madrid academy, out of the Barcelona academy... the best young talent in Italy.... the best young talents from south America. From what I'm hearing, he's about to snap up another. It is literally known that he won Woodward over in a very early meeting with a five-year vision of how he could get Manchester United to not just a title, but to the beginning of an era where the club would challenge on an on-going basis over many seasons. Solskjaer doesn't just have along-term plan, he has a long-term plan that leads to a long-term vision.

Yet "RooneyLegend" off of the Caf thinks Ole hasn't got a plan...because, well... eh, because he said so on a internet forum.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Yes he is and I bet a lot better than Grealish ever could. Not saying Grealish isn't a good player but he simply isn't a CM.
Just as Pogba isn't a CM in our system, despite best attempts to turn him into one. Let's stop this nonsense with playing Grealish out of his best position "because he can do the job".

ForeverRed1

If Villa get into Europe, as in the Europa, no way he leaves. They also have money and I’m sure will build over the summer.

if he signed a three year contract last summer I’d think maybe but he signed a 5 year contract for a reason. He wants to build something there and trusts the vision.

Local lad, boyhood club, idolised around that area and at the club, captain and paid well.. near his family etc... he won’t be desperate to leave like some people think. you can see he really really enjoys his football there.

it would take a astronomical amount to prize him away and even if that offer is made there is no guarantee he would go!

Classical Mechanic

Looking at his fbref scouting report you can see how he stacks up against the rest of Europe.

https://fbref.com/en/players/b0b4fd3e/scout/365_euro/Jack-Grealish-Scouting-Report

He's elite when it comes to xA which means he's creating big chances on a regular basis for his team mates. When it comes to key passes overall he's the best in Europe at the moment. He's also elite when it comes to progressive passes and passes into the penalty area. When it comes to carries unsurprisingly he's pretty much the best in Europe when it comes to success rates and distances.

One area he needs to improve on is his shooting and goalscoring. If he can improve that then you could be looking at one of the best players in the world.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
I actually hope he stays at Villa. It would be better for the league if he did, in my opinion.

SirMarcusRashford

I actually hope he stays at Villa. It would be better for the league if he did, in my opinion.
I wouldn't, a player with the talent Grealish has i want to see him up against Europe’s elite.

When fans are allowed back in the stadiums, i want to see how he does at the iconic stadiums like the San Siro/Nou Camp/Bernabeu. Would be sad with his talent if this doesn't happen and he opts for mediocre all his career (i.e Shearer excluding Blackburn).

I remember Gareth Bale at the San Siro, ripping (then) European Champions Inter a new arsehole scoring an hattrick, one of the greatest performances I've ever seen from a British player in modern football, would love to see Grealish get the opportunity to silence some of these iconic stadiums whoever's shirt he does that in, but he's not going to do it in Villa's.

Last edited:

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I wouldn't, a player with the talent Grealish has i want to see him up against Europe’s elite.

When fans are allowed back in the stadiums, i want to see how he does at the iconic stadiums like the San Siro/Nou Camp/Bernabeu. Would be sad with his talent if this doesn't happen and he opts for mediocre all his career (i.e Shearer excluding Blackburn).

I remember Gareth Bale at the San Siro, ripping (then) European Champions Inter a new arsehole scoring an hattrick, one of the greatest performances I've ever seen from a British player in modern football, would love to see Grealish get the opportunity to silence some of these iconic stadiums whoever's shirt he does that in, but he's not going to do it in Villa's.
He's not THAT good.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Talk of the Devils podcast were talking him up to United as an opinion piece, not based on anything firm.

What they did say is that Ole likely has 70m to put toward a big signing (this is already in the transfer tweet thread) + any others will depend on outgoings.

So £70m won't get Haaland or Kane, but it might get a Sancho or Grealish. Would love him here to be honest, not sure if Villa will accept £70m though.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
You're seriously misjudging players. It's called the Mourinho effect. It happens. We are just coming out of it.

Grealish and Rice are both top.
Grealish I like and I think is very talented - do I think he is right at the very top of European talent? nope but he is still very good. Rice I dont get at all.

TheReligion

Abusive
Grealish I like and I think is very talented - do I think he is right at the very top of European talent? nope but he is still very good. Rice I dont get at all.
I think both Rice and Grealish have that next level in them should they make the move. If United picked up both I'd be delighted.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I think both Rice and Grealish have that next level in them should they make the move. If United picked up both I'd be delighted.
Fair enough - Grealish would certainly be great for Utd and Rice would probably be better than what you have (Fred and McT) but he would be way over priced

TheReligion

Abusive
Fair enough - Grealish would certainly be great for Utd and Rice would probably be better than what you have (Fred and McT) but he would be way over priced
I think both Fred and Mctominay are underrated. Certainly Mctominay anyway. Rice would be ideal for us though and is a very United signing. Grealish would also be a great fit in my opinion.

dpansheth

Get a Rooney vibe from watching him play. would love him here, but probably not will be done in $70M

what difference does price actually make?

couldn’t care less if we are seen to ‘overpay’ for the right players. I remember everyone saying Rio Ferdinand was too expensive.

Rice is clearly a better player than Fred.