Jacob Ramsey

Irrational.

Looks like quite a player. At just 20 years of age, he ran the show tonight. Just the kind of midfield talent we should be looking at.

Instead we keep playing error-prone Fred and a shot-to-pieces Matic, who, quite frankly is at least two years past his sell-by date.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Come on massively last six months for us.

Has fantastic close control which means he can go on dribbles without losing balance and can quickly get shots away from difficult positions.

First half he wasn't great but stuck at it and quality second half and deserved starter in a slowly improving midfield.

flameinthesun

Has fantastic close control which means he can go on dribbles without losing balance and can quickly get shots away from difficult positions.

First half he wasn't great but stuck at it and quality second half and deserved starter in a slowly improving midfield.
I really like the look of this guy. Good touch, intelligent, bit of pace and skill as well. What's his contact status?....

ForeverRed1

villa looking very very promising. A top notch DM and your looking very good indeed. Maybe a better striker. Watkins is ok and ings is good but injury prone. Get a 25/30 goal a season striker and your dangerous. (Along with DM)

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Didn’t run the show at all, and was poor for much of the game - but he’s a talent and of course impacted the scoreline.

Carney is the one though. We should pinch him now before he is worth £50m in another 12 months (providing he signs a new deal of course).

Man-United

Top player already by the looks of it. Hope Villa can keep him for a few years at least.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
villa looking very very promising. A top notch DM and your looking very good indeed. Maybe a better striker. Watkins is ok and ings is good but injury prone. Get a 25/30 goal a season striker and your dangerous. (Along with DM)
Ings dosen't work at all for me.

I'd move him on end of season as just a case of right signing, wrong time (we really need striker like him in summer 2019 when we came up). Surely Brighton would take him for 20m or perhaps even West Ham or Spurs.

Ollie had no conviction today in final third but our play does flow better in final third with his movement and pressing of CBs.

Way it needs to go rest of season is sign a new DM (Gerrard really really wants Bissouma which would be another statement signing although need to see what happens off the pitch) and then have Buendia and Coutinho floating off a CF.

If Leon Bailey could stay fit for 5 minutes that's another exciting option to have off the bench.

We'll be a good top half team next season.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
To me obvious guy you lot need to sign is Tielemans. Surely gettable from Leicester and more than proven in this league. With just 12 months left in summer won't cost what some other Leicester players have in last 5 years.

Get in reasonable DM from europe and suddenly it's a functioning midfield again as this must be the worst CM combos you've had post Fergie.

Irrational.

Didn’t run the show at all, and was poor for much of the game - but he’s a talent and of course impacted the scoreline.

Carney is the one though. We should pinch him now before he is worth £50m in another 12 months (providing he signs a new deal of course).
A goal and an assist suggests otherwise. Fred and Matic couldn’t live with him. His driving runs tore us to pieces. A big reason why Villa were so relentless.

Don’t know much about Carney, mind. What position does he play?

Acquire Me

To me obvious guy you lot need to sign is Tielemans. Surely gettable from Leicester and more than proven in this league. With just 12 months left in summer won't cost what some other Leicester players have in last 5 years.

Get in reasonable DM from europe and suddenly it's a functioning midfield again as this must be the worst CM combos you've had post Fergie.
Spot on. Would change everything imo.

ForeverRed1

Ings dosen't work at all for me.

I'd move him on end of season as just a case of right signing, wrong time (we really need striker like him in summer 2019 when we came up). Surely Brighton would take him for 20m or perhaps even West Ham or Spurs.

Ollie had no conviction today in final third but our play does flow better in final third with his movement and pressing of CBs.

Way it needs to go rest of season is sign a new DM (Gerrard really really wants Bissouma which would be another statement signing although need to see what happens off the pitch) and then have Buendia and Coutinho floating off a CF.

If Leon Bailey could stay fit for 5 minutes that's another exciting option to have off the bench.

We'll be a good top half team next season.
Ollie is good but he’s not going to score buckets of goals, same with ings really. I’d move them both on for decent money 45 mil for both and go get a fox in the box, the players you have, you will provide so many opportunities for someone with the nack for it.

So many clubs are looking at bissouma, he’s being touted by all the big 6 and beyond, it’s not impossible he’d come to you but he has many options. That’s if he doesn’t end up in jail.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
A goal and an assist suggests otherwise. Fred and Matic couldn’t live with him. His driving runs tore us to pieces. A big reason why Villa were so relentless.

Don’t know much about Carney, mind. What position does he play?
My apologies, ‘Carney’ as in ‘Carney Chukwuemeka’. Came off the bench for them today, and I’d say is the biggest talent they have in an academy of a fair few top kids.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
The young lad who came on at the end is a better player IMO. Ramsey is good though.

Irrational.

My apologies, ‘Carney’ as in ‘Carney Chukwuemeka’. Came off the bench for them today, and I’d say is the biggest talent they have in an academy of a fair few top kids.
Hard to believe he’s only 18 - he towers above Stevie Me. :D

Will have to keep an eye on him - thanks.

Jacob

Is he a CM or CAM? I've been mightely impressed lately.

flameinthesun

Surprised there is not more hype around him. Everytime ive seen him he has impressed me. Good touch, can dribble, pass, tackle and is athletic. Dare I say the makings of a complete midfielder. Would love to see him at united, if Ralf wanted to continue with the 4 2 2 2 or 4 2 3 1 I reckon he'd be a great addition.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
This kid is a bit special isn't he?

Really starting to blossom now. His powerful runs from midfield are something we could really do with.

Jacob

A dream signing, honestly. We'd turn him to shit though.

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
Gerrard regen.

Playing under him will probably enhance that further.

Looks like a top talent.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Said last month, Carney is the one. Ramsey is special too of course, but I think Chukwuemeka is out of contract this summer and would be another Bellingham situation if we didn’t get in on it. Dead cert to be a top player.

Deery

Dreary
Said last month, Carney is the one. Ramsey is special too of course, but I think Chukwuemeka is out of contract this summer and would be another Bellingham situation if we didn’t get in on it. Dead cert to be a top player.
We should get both.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Ramsey is a very well rounded talent and Gerrard has really got him taking responsibility on and off the ball which is what he lacked last year. If he keeps improving he's international class I think.

Chukwuemeke looks really talented though. If they keep him focused then I agree with the guy above, he's potentially special.

SambaBoy

Never been impressed by Chukwuemeka. Granted I'm probably not in the best position to judge as only seen him come on as sub like 4/5 times. Never seems to be fully in control of the ball or seen him impact a game.

Is he really that good?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Never been impressed by Chukwuemeka. Granted I'm probably not in the best position to judge as only seen him come on as sub like 4/5 times. Never seems to be fully in control of the ball or seen him impact a game.

Is he really that good?
He really is I think. Potential is massive. He has size, grace, can dribble and has vision. He doesn’t play with the same intensity as Ramsay, I find him more of a technician. I saw some of him at youth level as his name has been ringing out for a little while. Was bossing it at that level and was younger than the rest.

As much as I’d like us to snap him up for free this summer, I’m also confident that he’d be better served staying at Villa for a couple of seasons - just as all teenagers are who have not yet built a solid portfolio. This isn’t the place for kids now who haven’t built a first team reputation. Very unlikely Ramsey would be the player he is today if we grabbed him a couple of years ago.

Josh 76

Getting him out of Villa would have been hard as feck, but now that Gerrard is their, it will be impossible. Wouldn’t be surprised if Klopp and Gerrard have already done a deal.