Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
This is such a ridiculous thing to get upset about. The seller has no obligation to ever sell for a price they don't seem reasonable, ever, with anything.
While you're absolutely right there, wouldn't you agree that Zorc and their PR team come across a bit odd, maybe even small time?

GledTheRed

This is such a ridiculous thing to get upset about. The seller has no obligation to ever sell for a price they don't seem reasonable, ever, with anything.
The cnuts have got double standards and they give it large along the way being smug about it.

Womp

idiot
While you're absolutely right there, wouldn't you agree that Zorc and their PR team come across a bit odd, maybe even small time?
That has nothing to do with the price. I really don't pay attention to what they post on twitter, you lot are just too emotionally invested in this, they're having a laugh at our expense, it's football, it's part and parcel of the game

Womp

idiot
Odd, wish we extend our player contracts too without media ever knowing this until there is some transfer saga.
Was it not just a +1 option? Also media knowing would have had no influence, they would have informed us early on in the negotiations how long he had left on his contract

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Was it not just a +1 option? Also media knowing would have had no influence, they would have informed us early on in the negotiations how long he had left on his contract
It's weird when high profile player contracts are extended without making the news. It's nothing to do with ManUtd btw, talking about Auba and Sancho, how both of them added 1 year without any journalist knowing it or Dortmund not publishing any article.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
There is no angle where PSG don't look like utter feckwits in this vid, to be fair.
Apparently Haaland posted some pic saying My City on CL match day, thats why the retaliation.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Anyone with a semblance of sense knows that it's an amateurishly disguised game of brinkmanship and that Dortmund will sell if we pay them what they want.

The fact there is any perception at all that they will look 'stupid' if he ends up leaving is bizarre. BVB know exactly what they are doing. All part of the game even though the one they are currently engaged in with United is bush league level.

mu4c_20le

It is small time, that's why it's silly to get upset. Our club officials and social media channels completely ignore this stuff while we work on the deal behind the scenes.

Manny

Grammar Police
The more I read the more I think this Zorc guy is a bit of a clown. Insisting we use his agents but pay for the privilege, revealing “secret” extensions to the media like a magician, unrealistic deadlines that we’re told about in the press, his constant “they won’t be sold” before selling players and now the gloating tweets/he’s staying player interviews. Total circus.
Might explain why Mino was throwing chairs around in their meetings.

Maybe we should just hire Mino to get this deal done. Tell him there is the full £108m available and he can keep whatever is left, as long as he throw a chair at Zorc :D

Gasolin

He's 20 years old mate. How on earth are we not going to be able to agree terms with a 20 year old?

People are just so desperate for this to happen they will cling to anything this guy says. What's he said that is such a transfer scoop? None of us think wages was ever going to be an issue anyway. And if and when we sign him nobody can really disprove the wages were agreed before the transfer can they?

He might not know they have been agreed but assumes it's United and of course they can afford the wages. It's hardly going out on a limb is it?

Can you see where I'm coming from now?
He's already at 190K GBP/week and Rashford is at 200K GBP/week, and him earning more than Rashford would be a problem. But yeah, I think there are ways to make it happen, we just need to get the wage structure back.

NYAS

It's weird when high profile player contracts are extended without making the news. It's nothing to do with ManUtd btw, talking about Auba and Sancho, how both of them added 1 year without any journalist knowing it or Dortmund not publishing any article.
It’s because they do it on purpose to spring it up like a card in a game when transfer sagas start. “Surprise!”

I appreciate the German fans coming in and trying to explain everything but I mean things like that just prove Zorc gets an adrenaline rush out of being the seller in a big transfer story. It’s pretty weird. Of course he’s doing amazing things for Dortmund and blah blah but that part is just really weird.

Toettchen

Supports
Preussen Muenster
Odd, wish we extend our player contracts too without media ever knowing this until there is some transfer saga.
They do not announce such extensions if there is an agreement with the player that he can still leave a year later or so if a certain price is met. It would be weird to publicly celebrate a contract extension in front of the fans and then a year later sell the player. BVB fans would not like this (Götze with his exit clause caused such a fan uproar). So those extensions are mainly for financial reasons (salary increase and keeping the market value up) and not meant to keep the player for the whole contract duration or even substantially longer. It was the case with Auba (nobody offered the agreed amount in the summer 2017 transfer window - some chinese clubs asked but did not hand in offers) and is now with Sancho. The fact that Zorc revealed the contract extension now is a good sign that he is serious about keeping Sancho.

Coops73

Looks like a lad who knows he’ll be playing in Manchester next season to me!
Your steadfast belief in this whole thing is truly something to be admired and even come 6th October and he’s eating bratwurst in his huf haus with Mr Krept and Mr Konan I’ll never forget your tenacity and never say die attitude, then I’ll give Woody and Matt judge dread a call and say “you need to get this guy Judas on board, he’ll get shit done unlike you 2 pair of jokers” and then you can thank me...or curse me for getting you a job with a pair of fecking eggs.

Your steadfast belief in this whole thing is truly something to be admired and even come 6th October and he’s eating bratwurst in his huf haus with Mr Krept and Mr Konan I’ll never forget your tenacity and never say die attitude, then I’ll give Woody and Matt judge dread a call and say “you need to get this guy Judas on board, he’ll get shit done unlike you 2 pair of jokers” and then you can thank me...or curse me for getting you a job with a pair of fecking eggs.
:lol: :lol: It's true, anytime I feel stressed about this transfer and my muppetry begins to waver, I open this thread to see @Judas spreading the calming gospel. Feels like I'm 12 again with my mother putting a bandaid on my knee and telling me everything will be all right.

RUCK4444

make of it, what you will.

Not sure if I'm tired but I've read and re-read that tweet a dozen times and I still have absolutely no clue what they are going on about.

I know i'm clearly missing the point of it somewhere :confused:

Auba plays for Arsenal and has done for a while, so what does this even mean? And how does it relate to 2020 / 2021 as mentioned in the tweet!?

Infestissumam

Not sure if I'm tired but I've read and re-read that tweet a dozen times and I still have absolutely no clue what they are going on about.

I know i'm clearly missing the point of it somewhere :confused:

Auba plays for Arsenal and has done for a while, so what does this even mean? And how does it relate to 2020 / 2021 as mentioned in the tweet!?
it's about the fact that Zorc yesterday revealed that they gave Sancho a new deal last year without announcing it. As per the above article, they did the same thing with Aubameyang, with Zorc revealing that in December 2017. They sold him a month later.

Stretender

What when he costs even more and there’s no guarantee we will improve on last season without some serious talent. If we don’t get him this window we won’t get him at all.

All the other european giants will be in with a shout and realistically currently we are not the stand out club.
The player himself might want to play for United.

Stretender

All these tweets from Dortmund and Dortmund players are getting silly now, it's like they are bragging about Sancho staying and they are rubbing our faces in it !
I have to be honest Dortmund have an infeority complex. I don't take them seriously , granted they buy and improve players but football is about glory. What's the point of developing players only for your main rival to take them off you cheaply. No wonder even their fans are confused

El-Manos

I think it's brilliant by Dortmund. They've absolutely had the impostors like Romano's pants down with it as well :lol:
Ya it’s absolutely brilliant we might miss out on a brilliant player. Absolutely fantastic. Where’s the champagne ?

Goku23

Football terrace is reporting total agreement! Has something happened ?

croadyman

The more I read the more I think this Zorc guy is a bit of a clown. Insisting we use his agents but pay for the privilege, revealing “secret” extensions to the media like a magician, unrealistic deadlines that we’re told about in the press, his constant “they won’t be sold” before selling players and now the gloating tweets/he’s staying player interviews. Total circus.
The german version of Woody maybe

Gasolin

They do not announce such extensions if there is an agreement with the player that he can still leave a year later or so if a certain price is met. It would be weird to publicly celebrate a contract extension in front of the fans and then a year later sell the player. BVB fans would not like this (Götze with his exit clause caused such a fan uproar). So those extensions are mainly for financial reasons (salary increase and keeping the market value up) and not meant to keep the player for the whole contract duration or even substantially longer. It was the case with Auba (nobody offered the agreed amount in the summer 2017 transfer window - some chinese clubs asked but did not hand in offers) and is now with Sancho. The fact that Zorc revealed the contract extension now is a good sign that he is serious about keeping Sancho.
For some reason, I would think it's the exact opposite. You don't have to share those details unless you are panicking. Zorc is panicking, God only knows why. And then there are all those players talking about Sancho. For me, something is off at BVB. I wouldn't be surprised if Zorc is afraid Sancho won't sell at his price point of 108m GBP, and is trying to shift the narrative that they have the power. Is it true though? Not sure.

Really the only problem for us is that the longer this drag, the fewer players we will be able to get because there is no way we can talk to other players if we don't know how much we need to spend for Sancho.

Status
Not open for further replies.