Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaddyP

Joke's on us if that's the intent :lol: , they hold all the cards here unfortunately and Bale's people have already rubbish the links
I personally never understand how this works. If we as lowly minnows can see through this why can't Dortmund. And even then why is it pressure on them that we are looking at other options. Dortmund want to keep the lad

flappyjay

Mahrez, Hummels, Kante and Mane
Kante played one season for leicester and that's the title winning season. As for Mahrez Lvg would have identified him in their relegation escape and would have been an easy signing. Which makes me think Lvg is just spouting anything that comes to his mind. He got sacked the season leicester won they league so when exactly did he want them. If it's January of that season then leicester would never sold whilst in the driving seat to win the league.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner

Joke's on us if that's the intent :lol: , they hold all the cards here unfortunately and Bale's people have already rubbish the links
Obvious bollocks from that journalist saying what United fans want to hear. I’m sure a nobody like that has been told by United that it’s just a distraction tactic and top officials from Dortmund have fallen for it.

SATA

United will want flexibility on installments and addons, and, unsurprisingly, the price. They'll be pushing for a lower price, failing that, a lump sum with installments and add ons.

Dortmund are firm in their stance that they want €120m guaranteed, no addons, regardless of how easily achieved. In turn, United probably know that they want to sell, they might not need too, and will publicly deny wanting to sell, but they'd like too in order to get some revenue in to minimise the loss. United will try all tactics to lower the price- walking away, looking at alternatives etc. Theyre hoping that Dortmund will cave and lower their price or take Uniteds demands of lump/installments/addons.

Its a poker game, who will blink first. Its hard for Sancho, if he kicks up a fuss, acts like a fecktard and makes life difficult, and the move fails to materialise, hes stuck at Dortmund for another season with fans who likely will be majorly annoyed with him and team mates who think he's an arse.

Chances are if he kicked up a fuss, he'd get his move but that thought must be there that he won't? I can see this dragging on till the final few days of the window, where either Dortmund will cave (unlikely) or United will (more likely). The list of alternatives is getting smaller now, so Woody is running out of options.
Mate that has literally been covered in some of the 1000 over pages here so it’s been nothing really new. BVB has been very firm in their stance and i doubt they’ll waver. As you have said, the alternatives are getting smaller and Ed will be panicking as the transfer clock tick tocks towards October 5th. I am on the side that we will eventually cave in and pay up the 120M with the majority up top and no add ons. That’s why i think these ‘negotiations’ are getting pointless. Pay up and get him in the team against Palace

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Judge Bellingham is their new cash-cow, he'll go for £70M one day he looks like an absolute star.

Håland too.

I like Dortmund but they are a little bit like a car showroom, the cars look great and the style of the football they play shows the attacking aspect of players off, which is why so many clubs buy from them.

They do really well to target the right players and get big money, but they'll always be a selling club.

I really respect Dortmund but they are the German equivalent of Tottenham.
What should they do instead? Sign players like Rashica instead of players like Sancho? Get Mourinho, so their players don't draw so much interest?

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
I personally never understand how this works. If we as lowly minnows can see through this why can't Dortmund. And even then why is it pressure on them that we are looking at other options. Dortmund want to keep the lad
Haha yeah. 'If you don't let us buy him we're gonna do something stupid!'

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
He's not a public figure or anything that has video of his actions and what not. Gotta have a drink with him to realllyy know someone.
What’s he done that’s upset you then?

Rolaholic

If this doesn't happen, which is looking increasingly likely, wtf were we doing chasing a player we were uncertain we could pay for?

Further making this club a meme.
Main reason I still think we'll pay up in the end.

We'd look like absolute mugs chasing after him for well over a year, knowing his asking price from the get go, and spending time and energy on getting personal terms agreed with his camp only to get cold feet and refuse to pay up when it gets to the final stage...

Granted that I do think that we're run by mugs but that would be on a whole new level of incompetence and naivety

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
What should they do instead? Sign players like Rashica instead of players like Sancho? Get Mourinho, so their players don't draw so much interest?
What they do is fine, again I have a lot of respect for Dortmund, they do the most with what they can in terms of resources and they are competitive each year.

I'm just saying Dortmund will always sell, they will never be Bayern, they'll always be the second team in Germany.

I do like Dortmund, but again they'll always be great at identifying players, giving them a few years then selling them on.

Lee565

On one hand I am still a little suspicious of Sancho's true ability because I think Dortmund's system of playing as a team might flatter their players individual ability but for united to waste two summers chasing him they must have had enough scouting reports to believe he is worth ignoring all other right wing options considering how badly we need to sort that area, which makes it really baffling why he hasn't already been signed by the club this summer window because the reality is young gifted players of his kind don't come cheap, look at Joao felix, dembele or mbappe, it wasn't even that long ago that we was paying out 80-90 million for pogba and 70 million for lukaku.

Crustanoid

This saga, on top of everything else going in terms of the running of the club, is somehow making us look even more imbecilic than ever

ReallyUSA

What’s he done that’s upset you then?
Being a very unprofessional player while on the bench while he is getting paid mid six figures a week after tax. Having a go at everyone with the national team about his golf trips. Wasn't playing consistently for years, and refused to go (besides the last summer) because he rather collect a wage relaxing than lowering it a bit and going somewhere else. Let me rephrase my initial statement, he is a prick to ME.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Mate that has literally been covered in some of the 1000 over pages here so it’s been nothing really new. BVB has been very firm in their stance and i doubt they’ll waver. As you have said, the alternatives are getting smaller and Ed will be panicking as the transfer clock tick tocks towards October 5th. I am on the side that we will eventually cave in and pay up the 120M with the majority up top and no add ons. That’s why i think these ‘negotiations’ are getting pointless. Pay up and get him in the team against Palace
Of course it is, literally everything has been covered in this thread, no question about that, but this IS Woodward we're talking about. He likes to think that he and Judge are transfer masters who can drive down even the hardest teams to submit to their wishes. It won't work this time and we won't get a penny off the price like we did with other transfers. The sooner they realise this, the better.

The fact that we've not ended all interest in this shows that stuff is still going on behind the scenes. Yes Dortmund have said he's staying and he won't be sold - if he goes, they spin it, we weren't going to sell him, but he asked to leave and the right offer came in, we felt it was too good to refuse. He stays - We told you he was going nowhere, and he's still here. Try believing us next time.

Same with United, we get him - We were always going to get him, we just had to figure out the right deal to suit all parties. We don't get him - Well, we tried.

I'm with you, i think we'll cave. Woodward knows Ole is crying out for strong reinforcements, and he's stuck to his side of the deal, he got up top 4. Now Woodward has to deliver on getting these players in. Yes Covid has messed us up, but i still think we've got the funds to pull off some big transfers.

Denis' cuff

We’re not paying this with uncertainty of income etc. Nobody is. Even Chavs are only spending what they haven’t done because of their ban and have Hazard money burning a hole in their pocket, plus a bored sugar daddy come back to life.
Maybe if we could sell some of the deadwood but no fecker is spending on our duds who are all on silly money/contracts, and we wonder why we can’t shift the likes of Jones and Rojo etc

we’ll be lucky if we get the LB and possibly A.N. Other.

The club was cursed when these leeches came in but they, of all people are not going to start chucking money around when nobody else is. Just bear in mind, when it comes to renewal time and more promises, (we can take advantage like no other club in this pandemic, watch this space, etc) do what the owners do and look after no. uno.

Fooza

At the moment we at lemon and herb on the Nandos scale, when just last week it was extra hot with all the breakthroughs. Depressing times

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
This probably isn't Ed's belief, or he just refuses to believe it. If you're convinced the other side is desperate to sell, then it makes sense to tout alternatives.
He wouldn't be the first one to stick with their pre-conceived notions until proven wrong by reality.

ChaddyP

This probably isn't Ed's belief, or he just refuses to believe it. If you're convinced the other side is desperate to sell, then it makes sense to tout alternatives.
He wouldn't be the first one to stick with their pre-conceived notions until proven wrong by reality.
That's a fair thought

Fridge chutney

The United hierarchy will believe what the player tells them. If negotiations are still ongoing, it's because the player has indicated that he wants to join United. That doesn't mean he wouldn't also be content with staying another year at Dortmund.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
The United hierarchy will believe what the player tells them. If negotiations are still ongoing, it's because the player has indicated that he wants to join United. That doesn't mean he wouldn't also be content with staying another year at Dortmund.
Yes, i agree with this but, if we don't get him now when we are the only team in the picture, then next year the vultures will be circling for him and if we don't get into the top four this season then bye bye Sancho et all !!

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
You don't know what the player has told them. He might be fine with a move this summer, but that doesn't mean he's hell bent on joining you this very summer, no matter the cost. He certainly didn't make that impression so far.
And you certainly don't know whether Ed is in any kind of meaningful talks with the BD board. So far it's been countless twitter farts, and nothing else.

Fridge chutney

You don't know what the player has told them. He might be fine with a move this summer, but that doesn't mean he's hell bent on joining you this very summer, no matter the cost. He certainly didn't make that impression so far.
And you certainly don't know whether Ed is in any kind of meaningful talks with the BD board. So far it's been countless twitter farts, and nothing else.
What are you on about? I didn't claim that I know what was said to whom specifically, nor that Sancho is hell-bent on anything. I said "if" negotiations are still ongoing, which they may not be, it would be because the player would want to join the negotiating club. United would not waste their time otherwise and Ole has been clear that United will only pursue targets that want to play for the club. Since Ole has joined that has been the defining feature of United's recruitment strategy.

I've said all along that I don't think the transfer will happen. I also don't think Woodward is conducting the negotiations nor the player identification. He's the money man, that's it. He signs off on funds.

IAmAWinner

Just as I was starting to give up on this deal, that Norwegian journalist pulls me right in. This club man.

passing-wind

Woodward is a joke and the art of negotiations being so public is embarrassing. I can completely understand the issue in Dortmund wanting £108 (GBP) million upfront. But it seems we are trying to barter the cost rather than paying in installments using bonuses to rectify the sum total.

It's a poor strategy, Dortmund hold all the cards, Sancho's on a long term contract and they are NOT doing us a massive injustice with Sancho's valuation. Dembele had far less an impact yet went for a full potential fee of £135 (GBP) million, with Barcelona paying the majority upfront.

Acquire Me

Not sure I have heard about him before this transfer saga. How come he is reliable?
He is very reliable. 1. He got a connection to the Solskjær camp. 2. It’s not a big thing in Norway to make up football transfers. For example, if a journalist says RBK is close to signing a player, they really are.

Chief123

Chief, could you explain to me why its so busy here tonite? I’m back on here again and not sure why?
It’s because some foreign dude tweeted that Utd and Dortmund are still in negotiations and that Bale is just being used to put pressure on Dortmund.

Chief123

How about we try and actually make a formal offer first before the market closes instead of sitting looking through the shop window for over a month. It’s the only way to know for definite what Dortmund are willing to accept.
I keep seeing a lot of posts that we haven’t even made a bid yet. We probably have but they are “unofficial” bids.

A lot of deals nowadays are done with negotiations going back and forth (in this case with a middle man). Utd propose something and he probably speaks to Dortmund and gets a yes or no (or been told they won’t accept anything less than 120m). An “official bid” is often put in when they know it’s likely to be accepted or close to what they’re asking for.

FizzyWomack

It’s because some foreign dude tweeted that Utd and Dortmund are still in negotiations and that Bale is just being used to put pressure on Dortmund.
Oh really? I hope there’s some truth to that then.

Feeling like getting off this train soon I can’t deal with the heart ache.

At the moment we at lemon and herb on the Nandos scale, when just last week it was extra hot with all the breakthroughs. Depressing times
We’re not even in Nandos anymore mate. We are outside looking in, as Jadon smiles at us and tucks into his 1/2 chicken and spicy rice.

MrSingh2002

What shit tactics just to try and pay the full amount on deadline day again. Ed's not learnt from AWB, Maguire or Fernandes.

SinNombre

United have rubbished the links (as they should), not Bale.

Bale will take his 600k from whoever is stupid enough to give him that.

Status
Not open for further replies.