Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

RUCK4444

I don’t know who these fans are. Maybe it’s a generational thing where you just have to be negative and downcast about everything. Maybe their own lives are so shit that they think everything in life is shit. I feel sorry for them.

Like you say - give your bloody head a wobble.
It’s unbelievable. We’ve lost 1 game in like 16 haven’t we.

Makes you wonder what it would take to truly make these fans support the club, another treble?

Support by definition means you provide it when it’s needed, not just when it suits.

Bestietom

We’re literally 4 players away from having one of the most exciting young squads around. People also keep banging on about footballing reasons and projects...what bigger footballing project is there than joining a young talented squad at the biggest and most successful club in England and restoring them to their former glory? This place after a few bad performances is mad :lol:
Wish you had Woodward's job.

Coops73

That's the best united can offer? Teammates, england based, history...

Sounds like the things we used to laugh at those signing for arsenal
So you’re saying we can’t offer him trophies?

How do you know what could happen this upcoming season, there isn’t a club in the world who can guarantee trophies. I don’t expect us to win the prem or CL but if last season is anything to go by we’re heading in the right direction and we may at least be challenging for trophies.

Like I’ve said before in here I don’t think he’s coming to United, at least not this season. I hope he does because he’s a player that could be a catalyst for a successful few years and maybe that’s how he sees it too.

Siorac

Where are people getting this? It’s like a cancer on this forum.

Which club has the most famous no 7 shirt?
Which is the most famous club on the planet? Which club and fans worship wingers more than any?
Which club is DESPERATE for a RW?
What bigger challenge than to help place a juggernaut of a club back on top?

We’re a sleeping giant with the absolutely perfect opportunity for this player to step straight into his preferred position and progress with other elite players his age.

If your Sancho looking at options, you HAVE to think it’s the perfect opportunity to become one of the most famous players on the planet if he comes here and helps get us back on top.
Chance to become the new Beckham, Ronaldo, Best. Give your heads a wobble, this is Manchester United.
Shirt number and fame of the club aren't footballing reasons, these are "brand" reasons. City aren't a famous club and they have no special shirt numbers as far as I'm aware - please tell me if they do so I can have a laugh - but they are the better football team and have been for seven years now.

I can see the point about this being a challenge but on the other hand, the last seven years should and probably does serve as a cautionary tale: it reinforces the exact point that just because we're Manchester United, there's no guarantee that we will compete at an elite level. A player can easily waste years of his career (see De Gea or Pogba) without seeing any progress.

I do hope Sancho and players of similar talent would see it your way but honestly, if he wasn't English, I don't think we'd have a snowball's chance in hell. Just like no one expects us to be able to sign Mbappe next summer.

Siorac

You are clearly someone who just wasts to beat the club up.

We finished 3rd last season, in the CL and have one of the most exciting attacks in the league. A top 3 that out scored Liverpool’s last season. Of course there are footballing reasons why top players want to come.
There might be footballing reasons but you failed to list any here that Sancho does not get at his current club. Exciting attack, top 3 in the league, Champions League football - Dortmund have all that. Arguably, they are much more of a sure bet for CL football, too.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Even if we sign him I fear he wont be as good as we want. Something really wrong with us tactically

GameOn

Ok well your wrong. Keep trying to get promoted though bro
Sigh, how old are you? 14?

We simply aren't bigger than clubs like Real Madrid, no matter how much some of our fans want to believe the opposite in order to boost their low self-esteem.

RUCK4444

Shirt number and fame of the club aren't footballing reasons, these are "brand" reasons. City aren't a famous club and they have no special shirt numbers as far as I'm aware - please tell me if they do so I can have a laugh - but they are the better football team and have been for seven years now.

I can see the point about this being a challenge but on the other hand, the last seven years should and probably does serve as a cautionary tale: it reinforces the exact point that just because we're Manchester United, there's no guarantee that we will compete at an elite level. A player can easily waste years of his career (see De Gea or Pogba) without seeing any progress.

I do hope Sancho and players of similar talent would see it your way but honestly, if he wasn't English, I don't think we'd have a snowball's chance in hell. Just like no one expects us to be able to sign Mbappe next summer.
It’s all part of a rebuilding process that has been hampered by terrible appointments and sackings effectively restarting the progress.

I think Sancho has bought into Ole and vice versa, the players currently are playing for the manager and even though it’s a bit hysterical here at the moment we are headed in a positive direction.

He will no doubt have seen what we are capable of and has the belief in himself that he can add to that and help us sustain it for longer periods.

The super negative perspective in here isn’t how many many young footballers will view the club. Frankly we need players who want to buy into the club vision and rebuild, players who want to put in a shift and play their part in it.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.

If your argument was true then city could never have improved to the point of becoming champions by buying better players when they weren't champions.

RUCK4444

Sigh, how old are you? 14?

We simply aren't bigger than clubs like Real Madrid, no matter how much some of our fans want to believe the opposite in order to boost their low self-esteem.
That’s ironic, I remember our club in its pomp which is why I totally disagree with you.

You clearly worship the recent champions league winners.

There might be footballing reasons but you failed to list any here that Sancho does not get at his current club. Exciting attack, top 3 in the league, Champions League football - Dortmund have all that. Arguably, they are much more of a sure bet for CL football, too.
Such a stupid reply. If he just wanted guaranteed CL football then he should go to Celtic or PSG.

Of course they are more of a sure bet for CL football. They are in a far less competitive league.

Playing in the best league in the world and having competitive games every week are two compelling footballing reasons.

Being a star at Dortmund and a star at Man Utd are like chalk and cheese. That’s not a dig at Dortmund, but there are half a dozen clubs in the PL that are all bigger then them.

cyberman

Man Utd are a huge fecking club that will raise his profile through the stratosphere and he will play in the most watched league in the world instead of a monotone league where his best bits are seen on twitter clips by the masses, at best.
We arw an enormous club, a status club. Dortmund is where they move to when their club buys Sane and they need gametime

fps

That’s ironic, I remember our club in its pomp which is why I totally disagree with you.

Your personal feelings about the club are lovely, but the biggest clubs are Real and Barca, and also it's a bit sad harping back to the club in its pomp, that's what Liverpool fans did in the 90s, and over time as with a club like Everton it can fall away entirely.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Even if we sign him I fear he wont be as good as we want. Something really wrong with us tactically
My expectations for him are set low, but more because I think he's shining in a weaker league where he gets more space than he'll get here.

This said, he's going to increase our threat across the front line meaning that there'll be more space for our other attacking players.

If he signs I'll be shocked if he gets more than 10 goals and 10 assists this season. For many of our fans that'll be enough to call him a flop and a waste of money and there to be a flood of "is sancho really all that?" Threads.

It is the (caf) way.

It’s all part of a rebuilding process that has been hampered by terrible appointments and sackings effectively restarting the progress.

I think Sancho has bought into Ole and vice versa, the players currently are playing for the manager and even though it’s a bit hysterical here at the moment we are headed in a positive direction.

He will no doubt have seen what we are capable of and has the belief in himself that he can add to that and help us sustain it for longer periods.

The super negative perspective in here isn’t how many many young footballers will view the club. Frankly we need players who want to buy into the club vision and rebuild, players who want to put in a shift and play their part in it.
It’s interesting when we think of looking into the background of our players. We want players like Bruno, Maguire and DVDB and now Sancho we have belief in themselves, are winners, don’t blame others for their failing and want to improve etc etc. Players who don’t suddenly fall apart after one match, players who can pick themselves up without falling into a pit of self hate and apathy.

If only we could bet our fans in the same way. This thread is an example of the wrong type of people we want associated with our club. These fans remind me of the mentality of David Moyes. They are just a bunch of Moyes’. That’s about the biggest insult I can give them.

RUCK4444

Your personal feelings about the club are lovely, but the biggest clubs are Real and Barca, and also it's a bit sad harping back to the club in its pomp, that's what Liverpool fans did in the 90s, and over time as with a club like Everton it can fall away entirely.
Ok so history has no effect on fame now?

cyberman

Whats your point? Liverpool had every right to claim they were a huge club in the 90s?
Theres no need to downplay how massive we are. Our revenue stream alone was on par with Madrid since Sir Alex left despite their success and our catastrophic 7 years. You dont do that unless you have the fanbase behind you.
Theres nothing to say we have shrunk as a club but self hate and imagination.

GameOn

I "worship" nobody, I can just look at things realistically.

Even if we look at our history - which is great, make no mistake - we are clearly behind Real (14 CLs), Bayern (6 CLs), Liverpool (6 CLs, ugh) and Barca (5 CLs) in terms of European success.
We can rightfully claim to be bigger than Liverpool, because we've been so much better than them in the league since the 90s, but for the other three ... no.

This talk of "most famous club in the world" really only means one thing: A lot of people, who will never visit Old Trafford even once, are fighting and trolling in our clubs name on social media.

Siorac

If your argument was true then city could never have improved to the point of becoming champions by buying better players when they weren't champions.
My entire argument was that footballing reasons aren't the only consideration. City did it by blowing other clubs out of the water in both wages and transfer fees. What other club would have paid €37m for Edin Dzeko in 2011?

We can offer Sancho the chance of returning to England, increasing his "exposure", and earning huge wages in the process. He probably has to sacrifice the chance of competing for the major trophies. But of course he has time on his side and if we're still treading water in five years - let's face it, it's more than likely - he can move on.

Revan

Assumptionman

In the same pomp when Madrid picked our best players despite them being shit back then?

Smores

It’s unbelievable. We’ve lost 1 game in like 16 haven’t we.

Makes you wonder what it would take to truly make these fans support the club, another treble?

Support by definition means you provide it when it’s needed, not just when it suits.
Exactly what support do you think you're providing on an online discussion forum?

Support is for the stadium not on your way home from a game. I can only assume you'd demand such a conversation is positives only, must be fun.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
So basically by “footballing reason“ you actually mean guaranteed trophies? He’s fecking 20. Liverpool 3 years ago looked miles away. What “footballing reason” did VVD join them for? I think he saw an exciting project at a big club that was improving under a manager that he believed in. Ditto Sancho. This whole argument is entirely pointless anyway because we already know he wants to join. It’s only on self-deprecation Cafe where it’s even a question.

Look-a-Hill

Madrid were dross for a good few years prior to 2009.

What football reasons did Ronaldo and Kaka have for going to Madrid? They were playing for two of three most recent CL winners, winning leagues and cups every year and were going a club destined to get spanked by Barcelona.

It's almost as though money, brand, country, club history and being part of a project are factors which players consider too.

Swearing Budgie

Jeez this is a pandemic of its own this self pity.

I can sort of understand why the Scousers just kept talking like they were challengers, at least it shows a bit of backbone to believe in your club.

Deary me :lol:
Self pity?

Look at the players we had on the pitch yesterday. Most of us *knew* we wouldn't blow Brighton away, despite that amount of talent at our disposal. That's not pessimism, it's realism based on watching the decline of the past few years.

Have you watched Utd much? Have you enjoyed the football? I'm at the point where I know I will get more pleasure watching Wolves or Sheffield Utd, in terms of seeing some cohesive, quality football.

Any top player would surely do a bit of due diligence before considering joining the club. They can see that there is a lot wrong at the club and there has been for a long time. And it's not the quality of the players in the squad that is the biggest problem.

I don't know what the real problems are behind the scenes; does anyone really? But I do know that we have an expensive squad of players that underperformed on a regular basis, that are far less than the sum of their parts.

It has to be coaching, surely? Tactics, fitness, morale even?

Sorry of this post upsets you but it is based on what I have been watching, week in week out for years.

I don't know why I care - there are plenty of things in life far more important than Utd/football. But the fact it has been making me miserable for quite some time is real.

Doesn't that make me a proper fan? Or is a proper fan just someone who is totally positive at all times?

RUCK4444

Exactly what support do you think you're providing on an online discussion forum?

Support is for the stadium not on your way home from a game. I can only assume you'd demand such a conversation is positives only, must be fun.
Absolutely none. Your right, even though I attend multiple matches per season I’m blinded, we are a rubbish club with no history...

I don’t know why players want to come here!?
‘absolutely nothing to see here fellas, move straight to on to our rivals Liverpool and City. ‘

Am I doing it right now mate?

Feckin absurd.

Chief123

My god. Sorry but Listen to yourself.

Try listing the reasons why you ‘support’ United yourself.

The most famous club and brand on world football.
Incredible history
Unlimited amount of previous legends, take your pick who he might look up to.
Instant massive increase in his ‘brand’
Biggest fan following in world football.
Most successful club in Britain.
Exciting project with a focus on young players (believe it or not.)
We are not as far away as some like to kid themselves we are.
Linkup with players he’s familiar with through the England team.
The chance to wear the most famous no 7 shirt in history.
Fill the void that is our right wing and become a legend and the missing piece in our attack.
When AWB is fit and in form he will have absolute free reign on that RW.
Chance to form a career defining forward line for club and country with two other top forwards in Rashford and Greenwood (latter in particular once he’s our no 9.)

Thought of those in like 30 seconds.

Sorry but the self loathing in this place is beyond pitiful.

United the club fits Sancho the player as much as the player fits the club, that’s probably why he’s already agreed personal terms and wants to play here.
Absolutely spot on.

Reasons to stay at Dortmund:
- Learn that it’s the taking part that counts, not the winning.
- If you love working with children.

Stretender

Thats just your opinion and this bigger than your club argument is very subjective.
Whats your point? Liverpool had every right to claim they were a huge club in the 90s?
Theres no need to downplay how massive we are. Our revenue stream alone was on par with Madrid since Sir Alex left despite their success and our catastrophic 7 years. You dont do that unless you have the fanbase behind you.
Theres nothing to say we have shrunk as a club but self hate and imagination.
There are some fans who have an inferiority complex when it comes to the Spanish teams mainly because they had Ronaldo and Messi at their peak during the past 10 years or so.

I always wonder why they support Manchester United, because they spend most of the time fawning about the Spanish teams. Trust me if I was a Mod, I would ban these strange fans from the caf.

To suggest Manchester United is not bigger than the Spanish teams is just a joke really. We haven't won things in the past 7 years but we are definitely the most famous and marketable football club in the world. If we were still winning our revenues would be far far ahead of our nearest rivals.

I don't know about you but I consider Liverpool bigger than the 2 Spanish teams but smaller than Manchester United.

People who carry on underating Manchester United, why don't you go and support other teams? I just can't get my head round it

Hammondo

Madrid were dross for a good few years prior to 2009.

What football reasons did Ronaldo and Kaka have for going to Madrid? They were playing for two of three most recent CL winners, winning leagues and cups every year and were going a club destined to get spanked by Barcelona.

It's almost as though money, brand, country, club history and being part of a project are factors which players consider too.
They won the league 2006/7 and 2007/8 and came 2nd 2008/9.

Siorac

So basically by “footballing reason“ you actually mean guaranteed trophies? He’s fecking 20. Liverpool 3 years ago looked miles away. What “footballing reason” did VVD join them for? I think he saw an exciting project at a big club that was improving under a manager that he believed in. Ditto Sancho. This whole argument is entirely pointless anyway because we already know he wants to join. It’s only on self-deprecation Cafe where it’s even a question.
Hey, ALL arguments on a football forum are entirely pointless. Doesn't mean we can't waste some time with them.

Van Dijk played for Celtic and then Southampton and Liverpool were literally the only big club willing to pay the fee Southampton demanded. They were his ticket to immediate Champions League football. That's quite a big footballing reason, something that doesn't really apply to Sancho.

And I don't mean guaranteed trophies, I mean a realistic chance of regularly competing for major trophies. Those are footballing reasons for a player who already plays for a big club that is a regular in the Champions League.

Hammondo

I honestly don't think players care as much about certain things as much as people here do.

He wants to win trophies, he wants money, he wants consistent CL, he wants to play good attacking football.

Everything else is much less important.

Players look at managers, other players coming to the team, if the club are improving. None of these are good for us.

We can offer one of these things consistently. We are lucky no one else has bid for him.

MUFromLTU

I've just stumbled on BvB subreddit to read their post-match threads and insights on Sancho, literally every post says the same - he is absolutely useless versus teams that sit deep and just counter attack.

Is that the accurate description or is it just overreacting after bad performance from their fans?

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
I honestly don't think players care as much about certain things as much as people here do.

He wants to win trophies, he wants money, he wants consistent CL, he wants to play good attacking football.

Players look at managers, other players coming to the team, if the club are improving. None of these are good for us.

We can offer one of these things consistently. We are lucky no one else has bid for him.
Agree with this - if we don't get him now then next Season there will a number of other teams in for him.
Now or never

Chief123

I've just stumbled on BvB subreddit to read their post-match threads and insights on Sancho, literally every post says the same - he is absolutely useless versus teams that sit deep and just counter attack.

Is that the accurate description or is it just overreacting after bad performance from their fans?
As he’s useless, in that case we’ll take him.

RUCK4444

Thats just your opinion and this bigger than your club argument is very subjective.

There are some fans who have an inferiority complex when it comes to the Spanish teams mainly because they had Ronaldo and Messi at their peak during the past 10 years or so.

I always wonder why they support Manchester United, because they spend most of the time fawning about the Spanish teams. Trust me if I was a Mod, I would ban these strange fans from the caf.

To suggest Manchester United is not bigger than the Spanish teams is just a joke really. We haven't won things in the past 7 years but we are definitely the most famous and marketable football club in the world. If we were still winning our revenues would be far far ahead of our nearest rivals.

I don't know about you but I consider Liverpool bigger than the 2 Spanish teams but smaller than Manchester United.

People who carry on underating Manchester United, why don't you go and support other teams? I just can't get my head round it
Exactly. The world view on football clubs fame doesn't directly correlate with recent trophies. Which goes hand in hand with why the club can be so profitable without trophies.

Why are we so profitable along with Real and Barca yet have won far less? It’s because of our standing and fame.

We have the biggest following and that first and foremost is what defines a big club, it’s support. Which is why I find it hard to understand why so many here have such a negative view on the club.

It’s not great to come onto the clubs fan forum and listen to fans tell you how crap your club is and how we shouldn’t go after the best talents.

Acquire Me

You are a proper negative Nancy aren’t you?

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Sign Telles and a RWB instead of Sancho and shift to 352. Drop AWB who is so poor its making my eyes bleed.

Our defence is woeful and I don't think adding Sancho to the current set up will change much at all. We didn't miss Sancho yesterday at Brighton. We look a shambles at the back so not sure how adding Sancho is going to change that.

We need to play an extra defender to mask for the averages one we have.

Status
Not open for further replies.