Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
A net spend of around 150 m if we manage to sell Pogba and others like Matic, Bailly, Sanchez, Smalling.
Love to see your calculations for that and assuming then don't need a replacement for either Pogba or Matic.

Jibbs

Nah, I get the idea, but De Bruyne is a physical specimen, while none of Ødegaard or Maddison are. Imo you need the whole package for that formation to work. Also, Maddison loses the ball a lot, like a lot a lot. Which none of Silva or De Bruyne do. That’s why I’d prefer Ødegaard.

It’s all academic anyway at this point:(
Yeah we all have different ideas popping up in our heads all the time, given the condition club is in. The main point is we need to revamp our attack and midfield, a striker, a right winger and two midfielders is the minimum that we need and all should be stright-to-the-first-team signings

Classical Mechanic

Nah, I get the idea, but De Bruyne is a physical specimen, while none of Ødegaard or Maddison are. Imo you need the whole package for that formation to work. Also, Maddison loses the ball a lot, like a lot a lot. Which none of Silva or De Bruyne do. That’s why I’d prefer Ødegaard.

Maddison doesn't lose the ball a lot. A little more than KDB perhaps but nowhere near as much as the most careless in possession players. His pass completion has been a little down this year but it's usually at a good level for a player of his type.

Handré1990

Yeah we all have different ideas popping up in our heads all the time, given the condition club is in. The main point is we need to revamp our attack and midfield, a striker, a right winger and two midfielders is the minimum that we need and all should be stright-to-the-first-team signings
Definitely. I think every United fan would agree with that.

@Classical Mechanic You might be right, I haven’t checked the stats, I just based this on games I’ve seen this season, after we were linked to him.

SAFMUTD

Lets just forget about him for now, he isn't comming to this mess. He's a promising youngster that will have loads of top teams offers why would he choose United? the only reason I can think of is money, and that would speak very poorly about him.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

Odegaard works just as hard as KDB

spaceboyRSA

Just like Silva. Doesn’t mean I’m wrong, he’s just not as physically gifted as De Bruyne, surely that’s not even up for discussion? I never said he didn’t work hard.
De Bruyne has never struck me as that physically gifted. In fact the last season or two hasnt he had a bit of an injury record.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Just like Silva. Doesn’t mean I’m wrong, he’s just not as physically gifted as De Bruyne, surely that’s not even up for discussion? I never said he didn’t work hard.
Not sure what you’re getting at? De Bruyne is hardly a physical brute. He’s similar in stature to Odegaard, they both win the ball with hard work rather than strength.

Handré1990

@Adam-Utd Physically gifted doesn’t mean a brute. Are you being purposely obtuse? He has the ability to, and often pass players by simply power running past them with the ball, not quite Yaya, but certainly in a different way than Ødegaard, who isn’t fast or strong.

@spaceboyRSA completely different thing.

Last edited:

jem

Lets just forget about him for now, he isn't comming to this mess. He's a promising youngster that will have loads of top teams offers why would he choose United? the only reason I can think of is money, and that would speak very poorly about him.
I'm pretty sure money is what lured the likes of Aguero, Toure and Silva to City, and look how that turned out.

SAFMUTD

I'm pretty sure money is what lured the likes of Aguero, Toure and Silva to City, and look how that turned out.
City had a project in place, obviously money plays a big part in a players decision but top/world class players base their move decisions in more than just money.

He'sRaldo

Subbed off in the first half vs Bayern, and apparently he wasn't injured. Has he been playing that badly to deserve that?

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Subbed off in the first half vs Bayern, and apparently he wasn't injured. Has he been playing that badly to deserve that?
He was. He was doubtful before the game so it was a risk playing him, didn't work out in the end.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Jadon Sancho over the past month:

-Benched vs. Freiburg

-Excluded from the squad vs. Gladbach after returning late from international break

-Didn't play at all vs. Wolfsburg

-Subbed off after 36 minutes vs. Bayern (Dortmund manager confirmed wasn't injured, tactical sub)

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
As I saw it, Dortmund's right flank (him and Hakimi) was too open defensively and kept losing balls (2x before Bayern's first goal iirc; they lost 9 of 10 dribbles until Sancho went off). So I guess Favre simply wanted to stabilize the team, although fitness issues might have played into Sancho's performance.

Redo91

He was a doubt with his hamstring. I’d say it’s just been lost in translation. Sky are even saying he’s a doubt for the internationals.

Litch

Some big figures associated with this lad and not entirely sure they are right. Not saying he's the same level but would be interesting what DJ would look like playing it that team too.

theklr

Guaranteed play time. Not many of the other «big clubs» would need him as bad as us. They all have high quality at that position.

RedorDead21

City had a project in place, obviously money plays a big part in a players decision but top/world class players base their move decisions in more than just money.
Take the money away and it’s impossible to predict a move to city would work out trophy wise for any of those early movers! Average array of managers around at that time as well.

wr8_utd

:'(
He was definitely injured. He was feeling his hamstring at the end of the Inter match and he got subbed off also. Not quite sure why they risked him at all yesterday.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
With willian and pedro being as old as they are and the hazard money in the bank i wouldnt mind a big money move for this kid. Think hed love play with his mates in this side.

Status
Not open for further replies.