Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

SATA

I think if a failed transfer requires 'getting over' then you've got other issues you need to address.

For what it's worth, it's still on and probs already done. I expect him to make his debut tomorrow night.
Mate obviously you are on a wum but think of the muppets

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.

"Jadon Sancho won't be sold this season* anymore, this isn't just a statement to the outside, but also clearly decided and communicated internally - no matter if Manchester bid €90m, €120m or even €150m." - Funke
*Unless he kicks up a fuss and we can say we had no choice. We are literally in the same place we were 7 weeks ago! This is like some Sancho news cycle purgatory. Bring on October 6th.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
They can sell next year? It's not like he is leaving for free later..
Clubs only lost 35% of stadium income last season and look at the state of them all; with 2nd wave this season will be even greater losses.

It’s impossible for anyone aside from Arab or Chinese clubs to offer that that summer and Sancho won’t go to either location!

It really is utter delusion to think any top European club can afford to pay £100m next summer.

DevilRed

How many times does this have to be said. The financial climate in football will be worse next year than it is now. They will not get €100m for him next year from any club. That’s just the reality.
They might be filing for bankruptcy or leveraging themselves with even more loans by early next year, let alone in the summer of 2021.

This is a club that was on the verge of going bankrupt literally 15 years ago. Its a slippery slope downwards when they start taking out loans and aren't able to sell players for money.

poleglass red

Exactly! I've said this before.

Listen. I get that he doesn't want to agitate for a move out of his loyalty for Dortmund but......does he want to sign for us or not? If he really wants to sign for United then all parties with an interest in the move need to be applying pressure on Dortmund and that includes Sancho. It's hard enough to conclude transfers for top players as it is. It doesn't help if the player in question acts like he's happy to stay at Dortmund but he'd be quite happy to sign for United if allowed.

FFS. Show some passion for wanting to play for the red shirt Sancho otherwise IF we do sign him I will have a niggling feeling he signed for us as we're one run above Dortmund in terms of his playing CV.
On the other hand he could be saying if Utd really want me, pay the transfer fee, job done. Pogba has agitated for a move from us for at least a couple of seasons, where has that got him- nowhere. From what I read Sancho had agreed personal terms, the only hold up is us not paying the fee.

DevilRed

Clubs only lost 35% of stadium income last season and look at the state of them all; with 2nd wave this season will be even greater losses.

It’s impossible for anyone aside from Arab or Chinese clubs to offer that meat summer and Sancho won’t go to either location!

It really is utter delusion to think any top European club can afford to pay £100m next summer.
The full impact of covid has barely been reported yet. Their financials only go up to June 30th, just like ours. Thats literally 3 months of covid taken into account, which has already netted them a 43m loss on their books.

Can you imagine what another 6 months will do? 12 months?

Selling Sancho will be a major factor in keeping their club afloat and not riddled with debt that they can't service without normalcy returning. If they are betting on normalcy returning anytime soon, then its quite the risk they are taking.

BlahRules

Exactly. It’s only six days left and the player aren’t even throwing a strop about leaving
What i am pissed about is when they briefed that they don't understand our frustration and they have everything under control. They don't know anything if we are now trying to get a striker now.

Tiber

What a mess we have made of this. Ole was talking about the need to strengthen the squad with key signings before last season even ended, even if we do somehow sign Sancho (which I doubt) the whole saga has been a complete shitshow.

And why would Sancho be throwing his toys out of the pram in desperation to force a move when United are in this sort of state?

Two weeks into the season and we have made one signing, which was never part of the master plan as he was supposed to go to Madrid.

keithsingleton

How would you know that with such certainty? It is just likely. Guess Dortmund are hoping that the financial climate 2021 in combination with the fact that they have him playing another season are something worth to take a risk for.
JR may not be certain but it is a distinct possibility based on covid. You have to remember we're not into the second wave yet as that comes in the winter months. Also furlough ends in October so if no further help from the government we face millions of more people out of jobs approching Christmas.

Ronaldo's Love Child

On the other hand he could be saying if Utd really want me, pay the transfer fee, job done.
Yes and I would expect that if he was half arsed about joining us.

But if he REALLY wanted to play for our club then he'd be applying pressure to Dortmund. It's beginning to look like he isn't that bothered about playing for the red shirt of United which is fine as we have to accept that not every player in the world would love to play for us.

Adamsk7

No chance we get him. Who are our alternatives? The only option I can see that might be available is Coman. Think he really matured last year and was the best player on the park in the CL final. Still in and out of the team at Bayern and with Sane seemingly hitting the ground running, will find it even harder to get in the starting line up on either flank

Rektsanwalt

Supports
Schalke 04
JR may not be certain but it is a distinct possibility based on covid. You have to remember we're not into the second wave yet as that comes in the winter months. Also furlough ends in October so if no further help from the government we face millions of more people out of jobs approching Christmas.
Bear in mind I just tried to see logic behind Dortmund's actions and not stating that this is a reasonable choice by them, please. Just to make that clear, I find it absolutely okay to call for hugh fees but in certain situations normal negotiations are just the right thing to do, rather than risking losing out on a substantial sum in the current climate.

I can't predict the next 6-12 months at all, I can't even predict the next month. Will there be football? A sudden rise which leads to harsh restrictions? In England? In Germany?
One very important thing has to be kept in mind, though, which will be a very important factor regarding corona, football and therefor the Sancho transfersaga. People learn, Europe learnt (for the most part) and while the numbers keep rising, the death toll is relatively low and it's not possible to say what exact impact the disease will have on finances of football clubs and in this special case Dortmund and Manchester United if people are able to adjust and cope with the situation much, much better than when it hit initially. Obviously, we're just talking about possible scenarios - but it seems like the Dortmund officials think that the fee that can achieved next summer in combination with Sancho playing another season for them (and not having to cough up a player right after everybody knowing that Dortmund got this kind of sum!) is worth a risk even in the current climate. Again: It's not what I would do, most likely, but their logic seems to work something like that at the moment.
While Dortmund is obviously a selling club - their history speaks for itself - they are able to operate in their own financial dimensions without selling Sancho this year or get a much lower sum next year. They are not as dependant as many people on here think. Actually, they are one of the cleanest clubs from a financial point of view maybe even in whole Europe (bar oil clubs and the likes).

In any case, whatever the logic behind all this might be and even if my assumptions are wrong regarding their thought process, Sancho won't move this year. The deal's been off for quite a while but I actually loved this thread. Some great trolling, nice infos. But honestly, some people seem completely delusional.

No chance we get him. Who are our alternatives? The only option I can see that might be available is Coman. Think he really matured last year and was the best player on the park in the CL final. Still in and out of the team at Bayern and with Sane seemingly hitting the ground running, will find it even harder to get in the starting line up on either flank
Their squad is extremely thin already and they are looking for another winger in addition to the current ones. Coman won't leave Bayern.

Reactions: Fortitude

poleglass red

But if he REALLY wanted to play for our club then he'd be applying pressure to Dortmund. It's beginning to look like he isn't that bothered about playing for the red shirt of United which is fine as we have to accept that not every player in the world would love to play for us.
do we know what he is saying in the background though, really. Not every player thankfully is like Pogba and his agent and goes public. It's not like his club is saying he can't leave as he's vital to their plans, they've said what the price was and we didn't pay it.I think it's somewhat refreshing he's not going public.

Ekeke

After the champions league final I doubt Coman is available either. A few weeks before I thought it would be realistic to get him for a good fee with Sane coming in, but then he had to go and play great for them

Rolaholic

Still hilariously mad hearing fans begging for Sancho to act in a way that they'd slaughter United players for if the roles were reversed :lol: :houllier:

Fooza

No right winger for another season will get me angry but I also don't want the board to panic buy a right winger who will end up a waste of wages in a years time because theyve flopped.

But yeh Sancho is clearly not coming, we need to get over it now.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
The full impact of covid has barely been reported yet. Their financials only go up to June 30th, just like ours. Thats literally 3 months of covid taken into account, which has already netted them a 43m loss on their books.

Can you imagine what another 6 months will do? 12 months?

Selling Sancho will be a major factor in keeping their club afloat and not riddled with debt that they can't service without normalcy returning. If they are betting on normalcy returning anytime soon, then its quite the risk they are taking.
My stance all along has been that after careful due diligence, club decided that high pressure brinksmanship would be best way to get lowest price

This is what that feels like, muppets all losing their nerve ...and we still have several days left!

I may have gotten it totally wrong, but given my stance, this deal is still on until the final day of the window.

if Woodward has trolled us, there will be war.

romufc

No right winger for another season will get me angry but I also don't want the board to panic buy a right winger who will end up a waste of wages in a years time because theyve flopped.

But yeh Sancho is clearly not coming, we need to get over it now.
Yet the manager will be blamed for poor finish when the board should be getting him the tools to succeed.

They failed to get him an attacker last summer, he fast tracked Greenwood and changed his position to a RW, he done well and now the board think that is the solution.

Poor Ole.

El Presidente

I really want to know what actually happened with this transfer.
Woodward and co literally took the piss out of the fans. Leading us on the whole summer.

Absolutely pathetic beyond every shit the Arsenal board (as they are the benchmark for incompetence) has ever pulled off.

Amir

do we know what he is saying in the background though, really. Not every player thankfully is like Pogba and his agent and goes public. It's not like his club is saying he can't leave as he's vital to their plans, they've said what the price was and we didn't pay it.I think it's somewhat refreshing he's not going public.
Well, it depends. We don't want our own players putting pressure on the club when they want to leave, but we expect players we want to sign to put pressure on their clubs when we want to sign them....

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I have to say I don’t think this will happen, but if it does my god will the fallout be funny.

Fooza

My stance all along has been that after careful due diligence, club decided that high pressure brinksmanship would be best way to get lowest price

This is what that feels like, muppets all losing their nerve ...and we still have several days left!

I may have gotten it totally wrong, but given my stance, this deal is still on until the final day of the window.

Will Dortmund really sell on the last day without time to get a replacement in? I'm confused why people are so optimistic it can happen till the last day.

Amir

Yet the manager will be blamed for poor finish when the board should be getting him the tools to succeed.

They failed to get him an attacker last summer, he fast tracked Greenwood and changed his position to a RW, he done well and now the board think that is the solution.

Poor Ole.
Or what Solskjaer should be doing is present the club with alternatives. When you focus on one player, it's possible you won't get him.

romufc

Or what Solskjaer should be doing is present the club with alternatives. When you focus on one player, it's possible you won't get him.
Is it his job to present the club with options? Do we know that is not the case?

Surely, the club would have said look Ole, we cannot spend x for Sancho, I am sure Ole hasn't said Ole or no one.

I will give you an example - Ole wanted Grealish who was priced out of a move and they got VDB instead.

We have like hundreds of scouts who should have put forward RW options considering we havent had one in 8 years.

Amir

Is it his job to present the club with options? Do we know that is not the case?

Surely, the club would have said look Ole, we cannot spend x for Sancho, I am sure Ole hasn't said Ole or no one.
All I know is what we hear. It seems that when it comes to the RW position we are all in for Sancho. I'm sure there are other options, but if we've reached this stage of the window and haven't tried for any of them, I doubt we will now.

I also think - and that is complete guesswork - that Solskjaer would simply wait for him another year rather than sign someone else, because he's a great option: Young, English, etc.

Glorio

If he agitates for a move and we come in with a really silly offer nowhere near their valuation, that puts him in a really bad place with his own fans for a whole year.

Look at the picture from his side. We haven't even put in a bid at all - If it were me, I definitely wouldn't make a nuisance of myself if there was nothing concrete on the table

Suedesi

"Jadon Sancho won't be sold this season anymore, this isn't just a statement to the outside, but also clearly decided and communicated internally - no matter if Manchester bid €90m, €120m or even €150m." - Funke
Good. I'll lose all respect for BVB if they sell Sancho this season.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Will Dortmund really sell on the last day without time to get a replacement in? I'm confused why people are so optimistic it can happen till the last day.
Many examples from the past!
Maguire and Berbatov included

pascell

What you should do is put this thread on ignore and let the rest have their bit of fun. If the player doesn't arrive then so be it but i'm not gonna cry over it because i'm looking forward to how the teams develop at u18, u23 and first team level.
Why should I put it on ignore though? It's not as if I'm against the player joining, rather it's the fact tweets spouting nonsense are put in here, it's no different to those over at the 'Muppetiers'.

reddevilchennai

There will be war.

clarkydaz

I really want to know what actually happened with this transfer.
Woodward and co literally took the piss out of the fans. Leading us on the whole summer.

Absolutely pathetic beyond every shit the Arsenal board (as they are the benchmark for incompetence) has ever pulled off.
theres a report it was all agreed end of August, then Woodward went back in and tried to renegotiate the deal

Suedesi

It is all absolute farce when Howard fecking Nurse is being cited as the main source of hope in this thread title. It’s not happening.

Go sign Telles and Sarr, and bring Perisic in on loan. That solves a lot of issues with depth and finally brings in players who can offer some width and true wing play, which is completely lacking in our squad.
Aye

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
As others have pointed out before - we ve done massive deadline deals before. Its almost become standard. Whether its Sancho or someone else - past history should give anyone reason to believe we ll at least have one more player coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.