Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Woody isn't even being enamored with him. He's being a clown. No team is going to fear seeing Schweinsteiger on the team sheet(even at his best), and especially a declining Schweinsteiger.

I didn't even know he proclaimed that. He's pounding his chest out as if he just signed Messi or Ronaldo.
The feck? BFS in his prime was the closest player to Roy Keane since Roy Keane. He was an absolute monster of a midfielder. He is exactly what Paul Pogba should be doing as a minimum every week.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
:lol: We're now at the end stage of our transfer desperation. It's close. BELIEVE.

In all seriousness, not sure. There are probably rich people flying from city to city via private aircraft all the time.
Rich people like Sancho, his agent, Dortmund officials. I see what you are getting at. ;):lol:

Denis' cuff

Just remember lads, “we can do what other clubs only dream about” just “watch this space”

Galacticos on their way

The thing that's really bugging me everytime I read a news article justifying United's stance this year is the mention about not being able to make signings because we're not able to move on players like Jones et al. I wish at least 1 would acknowledge that it was the club that has created this issue - by giving these players huge contracts in the first place. It's like nobody's even acknowledging this. Everybody knew that Jones needed to be let go, would not fetch a decent fee, would not play many games... yet we give him a NEW contract, effectively tying ourselves to him for another 4 years in 2019. Madness. But then come to think of it... what a perfect excuse the club then have for not making signings that are necessary "we have unfortunately not moved on the players we thought we would (i.e. Jones)".
everyone knows Jones was a mistake, and Rojo. That’s including inside the club.

However, you can’t have the club coming out and saying that about 2 players who are still on the books.

If we can’t shift them, they may well have to play at some point, and we need to make best use of them whilst they are here. We need to keep these players motivated, either to play or to be sold. Otherwise, we could find ourselves in a Winston Bogarde situation. If on the pitch, you can’t doubt the commitment of both Jones and Rojo, if they lose that they are completely useless (not just nearly useless like they are currently).

The feck? BFS in his prime was the closest player to Roy Keane since Roy Keane. He was an absolute monster of a midfielder. He is exactly what Paul Pogba should be doing as a minimum every week.
he was a brilliant player. At one point we had Zlatan, Rooney and Schweinsteiger on the pitch together - it’s just a shame it was 5-10 years too late. Don’t let his time at United cloud how brilliant he was.

gajender

everyone knows Jones was a mistake, and Rojo. That’s including inside the club.

However, you can’t have the club coming out and saying that about 2 players who are still on the books.

If we can’t shift them, they may well have to play at some point, and we need to make best use of them whilst they are here. We need to keep these players motivated, either to play or to be sold. Otherwise, we could find ourselves in a Winston Bogarde situation. If on the pitch, you can’t doubt the commitment of both Jones and Rojo, if they lose that they are completely useless (not just nearly useless like they are currently).
Rojo is in the last year of his contract and Jones can't stay fit not to mention they are useless when played we won't be losing much by being bit ruthless in forcing them out of the club.

GoldanoGraham

What happened with the plane that was being tracked last night? The private jet that was going from Dortmund to Luton. Anyone figure out who was on board that thing?
It was Matt Judge returning with his suitcase of cash.......he couldn’t find anyone at Dortmund to talk to him, probably as he never returned their calls.......

He tuned into Sky and saw Zorc saying ‘no chance’ - so he decided to come back and report to Ed that he had tried......

Rojo is in the last year of his contract and Jones can't stay fit not to mention they are useless when played we won't be losing much by being bit ruthless in forcing them out of the club.
mum sure we are trying to get rid. But the point was, we are not going to come out and publicly that we made a mistake signing them on longer contract whilst they are still at the club. Look at Sanchez as an example. everyone wanted him gone, but we couldn’t and shouldn’t have thrown him under the bus. I’m sure there was a massive private celebration when he left, but there are things that need to stay behind closed doors.

SSSSnake

I guess it’s time for everyone to show their cards. Worried that if we bid the asking price they will still reject as it leaves them no time to get a replacement. The only way this happens is if Sancho puts in the transfer request with the asking price on the table. Two very big if’s.

Eddy_JukeZ

You and I have a vastly different opinion on the type of player on a team sheet that would give you chills.

Respectfully, Schweinsteiger is not that kind of player.

Schweinsteiger was a top player. But you wouldn't fear playing against him.

UncleBob

:houllier: Jesus, i've never seen that one. Everyone knew Schweinsteiger was a spent force by then and here he is acting like its some kind of clever deal that no one else could come up with
Good one. The majority on Redcafe was in heaven at the time, Bastian fecking Schweinsteiger.

CG1010

fecking end the chat about BFS ... there is plenty to attack Woodword on for his current failings, we don't have to go 5 years back for it

RedDevil83

I still think there's something coming, like a big bid (whether it's accepted or not is another matter) I just think there's defo summat still going on behind closed doors. We're too quiet, not coming out and saying we're not in for him now. Plus I do think Sancho is pushing, I don't think he's doing a Dembele and throwing his toys outta the pram. In this day and age who has 2 to 3 training sessions off and misses a game, maybe 2 because of "a cold" You would of even thought he'd of gone on social media to show his support to his teammates on Wednesday when they played Bayern.....but nothing. He's actually been very quiet for the last week or so, only saying Happy Birthday to Tammy Abraham and summat else. All that said, it might make no difference to Dortmunds stance but I just don't think we've heard the end of this and there's gonna be a big story coming up in the next 3 days

Reactions: Sultan

zizou81

While I hare Woodward, saying Bastian was a disastrous signing is a little bit of a stretch considering we barely paid anything to get him, I think 6 million or something? He was a huge failure but just like Falcao, both were low risk signing with barely any money invested in them to make their failure a big problem. It was a chance and we took it, and it failed, that's it.

Beside I'm pretty sure LVG wanted him back then and agreed on such deal.
And it was nothing to do with bastian. He did nothing wrong on the pitch when playing. He bought into lvgs philosophy and was used as a scapegoat. Then was phased out. His professionalism was second to none. Worked hard in training and despite being told he wouldnt play again. He came back ready to go and not only scored a goal but played a motm type performance. People dont remember how disciplined he actually was when at united. Far from a flop like sanchez. He just didnt get playing time and imho unjustly. United treated him like shit but he have 100% his attitude is what our players lack today.

arthurka

Good one. The majority on Redcafe was in heaven at the time, Bastian fecking Schweinsteiger.
Agree I for one looked forward to having him at Utd but we kind of mismanaged him to be fair. Think he could have had a couple of good years here if we would have any kind of team cohesion to begin with. But that interview with Ed was absolute pure cringe.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
We qualify for the CL (26th july);
Laurel and Hardy (Ed and Judge) spread player names to the media like wildfire;
They try to show they're dealing with a number of clubs, players and agents;
They buy one player to keep fans happy for a while;
Dealings with several players, clubs and agents start to falter one by one;
Transfer Deadline comes along and Laurel and Hardy say they tried but Clubs, agents and players were asking too much or else, etc .......etc .......etc.
We play with the squad available and try to get into the first four places;
If things start to go downhill then sack the Manager;
Get another manager;
Start again from the top when the next transfer window comes along.
Round and round the mulberry bush!!

Che Guevara

Supports
Celtic
The corona pandemic's empty stadia scenario has also conspired against United's transfer activity. An OT packed with 75k every week would have seen Woody and Judge move mountains and deliver Sancho. But in this lockdown atmosphere they feel they can get away with a bad summer. Maybe somebody should have flown a banner.

Web of Bissaka

It's a bit of a dilemma though. Sort of..

If we concede and spend big, we'll be expecting similar and even larger transfer fee for future transfers, clubs will exploit our lack of spine and demand higher fee (already is actually).

Isn't it better to try and find a gem instead? Use the Sancho money to get maybe 2-3 players. Dortmund playing hardball is annoying. We're literally playing their game no? Thing is, Sancho and his agent are not the type to make problems and there aren't any urgency from Sancho to leave actually. Still young and quite settle at Dortmund, few more years later and only then he'll want to leave.

Alternative options seems non-existent. Lack of planing is really poor. Thing is, this kind of negotiation should have reach agreement earlier or at least at progressive stages if late like the Havertz deal with Chelsea. Why does it look like we're negotiating this Sancho deal... postponing it i.e. couldn't wrap it earlier? Dortmund refuse to budge/lower price... so let's wait! <-- that's a poor approach considering the player and his agent doesn't seem to be the problem-makers type nor urgently wanting to leave.

Fluctuation0161

Then put your little hand in mine
There ain't no hill or mountain we can't climb
Babe
I got you babe
I got you babe

OK, campers, rise and shine, and don't forget your booties cause it's cold out there. It's cold out there every day.

"Happy Sancho day, again"
Welcome to RAWK.

ShinjiNinja26

Jesus, talk about flogging a dead horse. This ones over time to shut it down now, it’s clear these wankers in charge have no intention of spending what’s required to sign Sancho despite wasting all fecking window chasing him. :houllier:

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
It's a bit of a dilemma though. Sort of..

If we concede and spend big, we'll be expecting similar and even larger transfer fee for future transfers, clubs will exploit our lack of spine and demand higher fee (already is actually).

Isn't it better to try and find a gem instead? Use the Sancho money to get maybe 2-3 players. Dortmund playing hardball is annoying. We're literally playing their game no? Thing is, Sancho and his agent are not the type to make problems and there aren't any urgency from Sancho to leave actually. Still young and quite settle at Dortmund, few more years later and only then he'll want to leave.

Alternative options seems non-existent. Lack of planing is really poor. Thing is, this kind of negotiation should have reach agreement earlier or at least at progressive stages if late like the Havertz deal with Chelsea. Why does it look like we're negotiating this Sancho deal... postponing it i.e. couldn't wrap it earlier? Dortmund refuse to budge/lower price... so let's wait! <-- that's a poor approach considering the player and his agent doesn't seem to be the problem-makers type nor urgently wanting to leave.
I think there's a lot of sense in what you say.

I said earlier in this thread that, had I been in Matt Judge's shoes, I would have backed away from the deal ages ago.

We should have done our due diligence during lockdown and had 5 or 6 backups teed up, just in case Sancho wasn't gettable.

It feels like Liverpool, for example, knew exactly what the deal with Diogo Jota was so that when Watford put the price for Sarr up they just moved on. Why is our business not lined up so efficiently?

kirk buttercup

The corona pandemic's empty stadia scenario has also conspired against United's transfer activity. An OT packed with 75k every week would have seen Woody and Judge move mountains and deliver Sancho. But in this lockdown atmosphere they feel they can get away with a bad summer. Maybe somebody should have flown a banner.
I dont live in Manchester so I cant do this, But maybe come match day a ring around Old Trafford of fans socially Distanced in Green and Gold showing thats fans are United against the Parasites ruining the club. They may have the power but the fans have the numbers to come together and affect where it hurts them. on Social media, Financially dont buy Jerseys dont hand your hard earned cash to them. This is not about Sancho . This is about settling for Mediocrity if its profitable. We dont have to stand by and watch This club be stripped to the bone . If Sancho serves for nothing else let it be it was the moment the Fans became United against The Glazers , Ed And all the other Cronies running the club into the ground .

The Viper

What an absolute joke of a window it has been for us. And here I was thinking that all the other (conventional) clubs wouldn't have any money to spend and we can capitalise the market. Here we are in the last few days of the transfer window with just one player in. This will definitely effect us, push us back and whatever little progress we've made will be ruined.

I just hope once the fans are back in the stadium, Woody and co. get the befitting reception and embarrassment they deserve.

Hammondo

I'm not overly bothered by not getting Sancho. It's been really clear they were not going to sell and they had no reason to.

What we should be focusing on and annoyed at is the fact we haven't moved on and picked up a few other options instead already.

Our only options are from British teams now, the options are not great.

Other teams managed to get things done while we have done poorly again.

I am expecting another massively over rated English player like last summer.

matsdf

I don't think there is any way we are not getting a winger this window. Either we get Sancho, or we get someone like Dembele/Sarr/Ocampos. I'm leaning towards the former to be more likely.

red4ever 79

Big day today. If he starts then it's over.

Will also be interesting to see if Woodward is at the game for us tomorrow. He has been visible the last few games, but one would assume the day before the window closes he will not be there if something is close to completion

Status
Not open for further replies.