Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackal&hyde

They have the money to do so. And he would fit them perfect for what? Ten years? Mane and Salah is approx 29. Liverpool play about 5000 min of football each year. Between the three of them, he can play both left and right, they could play 3300 minutes each,

Furthermore, Mane and Salah will play AFCON every second january.
It makes sense but i still like to think that Sancho, like Haaland, is going to want to be the first name in the team in his position, especially for the important games. At Liverpool it would be silly to break the front 3 at this point and i can see him not wanting to go from the position of a superstar to being second choice to Salah or Mane, even if during the course of a season that still means a good number of games.

RkkMan

They have the money to do so. And he would fit them perfect for what? Ten years? Mane and Salah is approx 29. Liverpool play about 5000 min of football each year. Between the three of them, he can play both left and right, they could play 3300 minutes each,

Furthermore, Mane and Salah will play AFCON every second january.
Mane and Salah are turning 28 both are still in their prime for another 3/4 years and the AFCON is taking place for only 6 weeks a £100m+ stop gap is a very Unklopp esque strategy plus when they come back there's massive question marks over how they will all fit in at the same time. Liverpool are reportedly favorites to sign Werner anyway if it happens then you can rule out Sancho going there

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
The only ones persisting he is going to United are the United fans literally Sancho himself rejected you last year, a player of his talent will no doubt go to a team who can win titles no matter how much money you guys are offering, since that's the only thing you can offer him. This is the same player that left his country and more money for development and some of you think he will go to United because of exclusively money and Manchester town :lol:
Check your facts before you quote me

Sancho never rejected us last summer

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Well lets put it this way. Yes he is a chelsea fan as admitted by himself. He is from Camberwell in London, and grew up about 4 miles from Stamford Bridge. Hence why he is such a big supporter of ours. All his family live in London.

No it wont be the only factor, but you'd have to be a bit dense to not think they will come into his thinking, should we agree a fee. Of course going back to live by his family, in his home city will be a huge pull. It's undeniable. Its not the case of he will join because he is a fan, its the personal side of things

To say if he doesnt join you he almost certainly isnt joining us is not quite true is it? What have you based that on?
Logic

Adnan

Talent Spotter
The only ones persisting he is going to United are the United fans literally Sancho himself rejected you last year, a player of his talent will no doubt go to a team who can win titles no matter how much money you guys are offering, since that's the only thing you can offer him. This is the same player that left his country and more money for development and some of you think he will go to United because of exclusively money and Manchester town :lol:
Sancho didn't reject us at all last year. it would've been a dumb move on his part if he had left Dortmund after only one season in the first team. Zorc went on record and said he wouldn't be leaving under any circumstances last year.

-Supreme-

So I read that he had a great game last night but which sides (left or right) he looked most comfortable and excelled on?

I was flicking between the 2 games and I thought he was quiet in the 1st half where he predominately played on the left side but didn't catch the 2nd half though

Svartzonker

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2022/23
Well lets put it this way. Yes he is a chelsea fan as admitted by himself. He is from Camberwell in London, and grew up about 4 miles from Stamford Bridge. Hence why he is such a big supporter of ours. All his family live in London.

No it wont be the only factor, but you'd have to be a bit dense to not think they will come into his thinking, should we agree a fee. Of course going back to live by his family, in his home city will be a huge pull. It's undeniable. Its not the case of he will join because he is a fan, its the personal side of things

To say if he doesnt join you he almost certainly isnt joining us is not quite true is it? What have you based that on?
Agree with this, but you don’t think about one major factor of the transfer. The money.

The whole sum, including the agents fee and the transfer sum, will be about 150 million pounds in total.

Even if Chelsea sold some players last summer they can’t afford him considering they also need to buy a st, lb, cb and a gk.

They also made a operational loss of about 100 million last year. Sure they can afford him if Roman digs deep in his pockets, but that does not seem to be his opus moderandi any more.

I just don’t see it.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
So I read that he had a great game last night but which sides (left or right) he looked most comfortable and excelled on?

I was flicking between the 2 games and I thought he was quiet in the 1st half where he predominately played on the left side but didn't catch the 2nd half though
He was quite good in the 2nd half playing on the right. I was still hoping he'd deliver some first time crosses instead of turning back after beating his man on a number of occasions as he had Haaland, who was dominant in the box.

-Supreme-

He was quite good in the 2nd half playing on the right. I was still hoping he'd deliver some first time crosses instead of turning back after beating his man on a number of occasions as he had Haaland, who was dominant in the box.
Great - that's good to know especially he played well on the right side. The last thing we want is another right footed winger that is more effective on the left

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
The more and more I read about Sancho it seems that it's not footballing reasons why he wants out of Dortmund. He seems to be enjoying his football there clearly. I think it's about the culture and language. Not sure what his German is like but I'm willing to bet not very good at all.

If we somehow qualify for the CL next season then I think there's a good chance he may come here. Certainly think he will try to engineer a move back to the PL at the very least as well even if it's not to us.

I don't see how we can sign him without CL football though. Surely he'd not accept that.

-Supreme-

The more and more I read about Sancho it seems that it's not footballing reasons why he wants out of Dortmund. He seems to be enjoying his football there clearly. I think it's about the culture and language. Not sure what his German is like but I'm willing to bet not very good at all.

If we somehow qualify for the CL next season then I think there's a good chance he may come here. Certainly think he will try to engineer a move back to the PL at the very least as well even if it's not to us.

I don't see how we can sign him without CL football though. Surely he'd not accept that.
I don't understand why this 'issue' has always been brought up especially where we're talking about a 20 year old player....

IF we didn't get CL spot next year and assuming we are competing with Chelsea for his signature, we have as much chance as them qualifying for the CL for the following seasons if not more.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I don't understand why this 'issue' has always been brought up especially where we're talking about a 20 year old player....

IF we didn't get CL spot next year and assuming we are competing with Chelsea for his signature, we have as much chance as them qualifying for the CL for the following seasons if not more.
Finances being a big reason.

Adamsk7

He’s a phenomenal player already at 20. We should go all out for him in the summer. I’ve said before, outbid everyone, even if it means we can only afford him and one other.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

Nights like last night are naturally going to increase his appetite for more. Next will be a big game in Paris. He’s playing well in these games and everyone is talking about him. I imagine these are the games that really spark him up rather than the Bundesliga at this point.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Agree with this, but you don’t think about one major factor of the transfer. The money.

The whole sum, including the agents fee and the transfer sum, will be about 150 million pounds in total.

Even if Chelsea sold some players last summer they can’t afford him considering they also need to buy a st, lb, cb and a gk.

They also made a operational loss of about 100 million last year. Sure they can afford him if Roman digs deep in his pockets, but that does not seem to be his opus moderandi any more.

I just don’t see it.
Whereas we only need one player?

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
But you said 'he' won't accept it

Considering we're known to offer better salaries comparing to the rest of the PL teams....
I think that's the other issue. I think he'd believe he should be in the CL with the ability he has. Don't think we'll get him if we don't qualify.

-Supreme-

Nights like last night are naturally going to increase his appetite for more. Next will be a big game in Paris. He’s playing well in these games and everyone is talking about him. I imagine these are the games that really spark him up rather than the Bundesliga at this point.
Yes I have no doubt about that, but if we are competing with Chelsea then we stand as much chance for his signature even if we don't qualify for the CL next season if we purely based on this factor.

I think that's the other issue. I think he'd believe he should be in the CL with the ability he has. Don't think we'll get him if we don't qualify.
I don't personally think not qualifying for 1 season in the CL would be a huge factor, considering his age and he surely can see the project we are building...we have as much chance as the rest of the top 4 or 6 teams in qualifying for the CL for the seasons to come - bar Liverpool and City

Unless his preference is Spain of course...

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Rashford-----Martial-----Sancho

----------------Fernandes

----------Fred------------McSauce

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
We need about 3-4 and we will sell Pogba. Not to mention we are way richer than Chelsea.
We will sell Pogba, which matters, but the money Chelsea made, and will make again, from selling players doesn’t?

Svartzonker

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2022/23
We will sell Pogba, which matters, but the money Chelsea made, and will make again, from selling players doesn’t?
Sure, but who are they selling for big money? Kante?

They added Ziyech already, they have Pulisic and Hudson-Odoi. Do they really want to put that amount of money on another winger? Can they afford to have a 60 mil player in Pulisic on the bench?

Still, don’t see it happening.

Lynty

He’s a phenomenal player already at 20. We should go all out for him in the summer. I’ve said before, outbid everyone, even if it means we can only afford him and one other.
Agreed

I'd be happy with 2 players if Sancho is one.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
He’s the English Neymar in terms of his ball carrying but has that English grit and determination that is lacking in most foreign stars which makes him an ideal EPL player.

My big concern about Sancho is that he’s almost becoming too good to use as a pure winger. His role has adapted at Dortmund to that of a free roaming attacker/playmaker and their fast possession style seems suited to giving him the options and cover he needs when he’s on the ball.

If he was to leave and join a straight lines team like us, he would be nowhere near as effective and it would make him easier to mark when pushed out to a particular wing.

He gets into most top sides in the world outside of Liverpool - massive risk for him if he joins us but if he does come and we transform ourselves in terms of playing style, we can give him a legacy no other club would be close to giving him.

Thought of building the team around him and Grealish :drool:
I think we'll see a shift in playing style with the more technical players we get through the doors. Currently, Martial, Rashford, Fernandes, Pogba with Sancho added would lend itself to short-passing, one and two touch, combination football with a lot of movement and positional interchange.

Pogba out, and another player in who can pass along the deck (at least) and the same formula can be executed. Sancho can play across the frontline (that much is becoming apparent with his forays infield of late) as too can Rashford, and Martial drifts anyway - the constant would be Fernandes running through the middle behind them.

I don't think we'd commit to such outlay without a plan in place on how to utilise the player, personally. He needs good, technical footballers around him who can give a pass as well as receive one and not break passing chains down and he also needs confident off the ball runners. If it's felt we don't have either of those things here, we'd better be looking to address that in supplementation to a such a player coming in, but I believe we've got the components and a player like Sancho would knit a lot of football together - it wouldn't surprise me to see him given a solid share of play-making responsibilities from a wide position ala Silva, Neymar, Ronaldinho, Hazard, Zidane, Nedved and so forth if Pogba goes, too.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
I think we'll see a shift in playing style with the more technical players we get through the doors. Currently, Martial, Rashford, Fernandes, Pogba with Sancho added would lend itself to short-passing, one and two touch, combination football with a lot of movement and positional interchange.

Pogba out, and another player in who can pass along the deck (at least) and the same formula can be executed. Sancho can play across the frontline (that much is becoming apparent with his forays infield of late) as too can Rashford, and Martial drifts anyway - the constant would be Fernandes running through the middle behind them.

I don't think we'd commit to such outlay without a plan in place on how to utilise the player, personally. He needs good, technical footballers around him who can give a pass as well as receive one and not break passing chains down and he also needs confident off the ball runners. If it's felt we don't have either of those things here, we'd better be looking to address that in supplementation to a such a player coming in, but I believe we've got the components and a player like Sancho would knit a lot of football together - it wouldn't surprise me to see him given a solid share of play-making responsibilities from a wide position ala Silva, Neymar, Ronaldinho, Hazard, Zidane, Nedved and so forth if Pogba goes, too.
You'd hope so but with United I don't hold much hope.. simply having technical players in forward positions isn't enough. Look at Barca, they still bring in technical players but the lack of high tier coaching IQ since Pep's and Enrique's departure has led to a decline in the quality of off the ball movement and possession play. Furthermore for Sancho and the others to roam ala Liverpool, City etc.. you need quality attacking full backs who hold the width and we lack in this regard big time.

This isn't an Ole out post, but we do need an elite attacking mind as a coach for us to get a Sancho and make it all work cohesively.

Stadjer

It wasn't a terrible decision. He probably should have passed it but had a decent opportunity to have a strike on go. I only saw the highlights but he seemed to have a really good game.

Don't think our fans are the type of heap ridiculous expectations on players. He'll be expected to perform as per his talent and age. And if he joins I believe he'll fulfill those expectations.
It was terrible. If he made the right pass (multiple options for a pass ; to Haaland in the middle or the player on the right for example) there would be a very good chance to score a goal. In the CL knockout fase that moment could be the difference between going out or going to the next round. It was a decent striking chance at best and only a very good strike would go in. It was the wrong decision, if he had scored you could forgive him making the wrong decision but this shot was also really bad. Besides that he did have a good game.

Im not so sure about that expected to perform as per his age and talent. Sancho is English so that will most likely give him some extra credit but look at Pogba and Martial for example. Pogba is expected by some to run the whole midfield by himself. He is blamed for not defending well enough but also has to score atleast 10 goals and assist atleast 10 goals. No midfielder in the world does that but somehow Pogba has to do that because he was a world record transfer and Sancho will most likely be even more expensive than Pogba was. The expections for Sancho will be really high. If Sancho made that, what i think was a terrible, decision during a Manchester United game people will call him the 'biggst waste of money since Bruno'' here on this forum (someone called Bruno the biggest waste of money since Maguire during the Chelsea game).

Same goes in a lesser way for Martial. Martial was the most expensive teenager and he has a lot of critics because he cant carry the attack by himself when he is up against multiple defenders and is only supported by the not very good Daniel James... yet some supporters expect Martial to carry that attack by himself. He doesnt live up to their expections and there will be 3 pages of sell and replace Martial.

If Sancho would join there is going to be a lot of pressure on him. There will be a 100m transferfee atleast, he will get a high wage and because of that he will be seen as the one who will bring back the glory days or the saviour of Manchester United. If he doesnt hold up to those insane expectations the reactions he will get wont be pretty.

TheReligion

Abusive
Terrible post mainly because it's factually incorrect and made up.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
We really should break the bank for this guy. Unreal talent at such a young age.

Godfather

Does he regularly overlook players in better positions to go for glory himself?

Apart from his obvious feck up in the 13th minute he looked ok though.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Pogba out and Sancho & Grealish in this summer would be absolutely brilliant business by us. Just got to hope we get CL football now and those deals are very realistic.

Swarm

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
No, decision making is actually one of his greatest strengths. There is a reason he has the second most assists in the top 5 leagues in Europe.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

Apart from his obvious feck up in the 13th minute he looked ok though.
I think it was either early nerves or wanting to "take the stage" a little, but he usually always passes if somebody is in a better position. Was quite surprised he chose to do that as Hakimi was wide open.

RkkMan

Whereas we only need one player?
To be fair we only need 3 signings to make a good stride of improvement. Defensive signings can wait till next summer this summer a ST and RW should be the priorities and a CM if Pogba leaves we have solid options in other positions to take us through next season

Sambob

I think we should strengthen in as many areas as possible, and be aiming to get the best players in the world. Theres a major summer tournament and we have to be ready to move early on several targets early and then wait and see where else we can improve.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I agree with what has been said in the thread so far. We need quality in the front three, and at only 20, this kid is potentially going to be one of the worlds best. Rashford on one side and Sancho on the other would be fantastic to watch.

Even if it means signing two players instead of three, Sancho has to come in if we can scrape CL.

Status
Not open for further replies.