Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
This one was in the bag. Now I don't know. Clubs might be more careful with their money in the next transfer window. When in doubt add Phil Jones to attract Dortmund.

kirk buttercup

:lol: fair enough. Probably not Mediocre ( my mistake to use that term about a player I personally thought was overrated) but as I said I wasnt as impressed by him as others were but I respect others opinions and that's the beauty of sport, differing opinions . My apologies

RooneyLegend

We have AWB on the right side, Sancho will literally be able to spend each game fully attacking his fullback while AWB destroys everything that comes down our right wing :drool:

Seriously though if your a young winger the potential option to play in front of AWB must be appealing when you know you can focus on the attacking element of your game that much more.
My point is he's not the sort of player to tear a left back a new one. If the game becomes compressed he'll be taken out of the game. He's a cut in merchant. Not a dominant outside dribbler which he'd need to be to get the job done on the right.

He won't be completely useless as he comes centrally when matches are stretched so he can playmake. But once teams set out there stall he'll be nullfied. Couldn't even make a dent on a mediocre fullback from a defensive standpoint like Bernat.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Agreed he was a class player, an absolute athlete and a proper force in his day.

That doesn’t excuse him from being a complete bitter gobshite. We don’t tend to put up with it from legends like Keane so nobody wants to hear Paul Ince shoot down the club every other week.

He’s been ruthless towards Ole multiple times now when he has achieved nothing in management other than managing his sons career into the abyss of Scottish Football.
Oh god ya. Remember Tom Ince? He was hot property at one stage supposedly.

Paul Ince was a great player. Awful awful agenda driven pundit though!

MalcolmTucker

My point is he's not the sort of player to tear a left back a new one. If the game becomes compressed he'll be taken out of the game. He's a cut in merchant. Not a dominant outside dribbler which he'd need to be to get the job done on the right.

He won't be completely useless as he comes centrally when matches are stretched so he can playmake. But once teams set out there stall he'll be nullfied. Couldn't even make a dent on a mediocre fullback from a defensive standpoint like Bernat.
He isn't Juan Mata and I've seen him do fullbacks on the outside plenty of times - I do think he might be better from the left which is where I saw him play best this season but he's been more than decent on the right too.

However I can see him, Bruno and Martial playing intricate stuff on the right side with AWB offering an out ball for crossing. We don't need an out and out winger.

RUCK4444

We have an abundance of quick players who can beat a man but the problem your describing doesn’t benefit that type of player as teams that drop back defensively won’t afford us the space for a quick player to get in behind.

He’s an outstanding talent and I believe we would be looking to get the best from his interplay and linkup.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
We have an abundance of quick players who can beat a man but the problem your describing doesn’t benefit that type of player as teams that drop back defensively won’t afford us the space for a quick player to get in behind.

He’s an outstanding talent and I believe we would be looking to get the best from his interplay and linkup.
If we're looking to get the best out from his interplay and linkup, then he will need a fullback to support him in attack. That fullback could very well be Ethan Laird if he can catch a break from injuries..

NYAS

:lol:

It’s always so obvious when someone bases their opinion on FIFA and not real life.

RUCK4444

If we're looking to get the best out from his interplay and linkup, then he will need a fullback to support him in attack. That fullback could very well be Ethan Laird if he can catch a break from injuries..
Sure I agree with that. My initial comment about AWB allowing him to just bomb forward was tongue in cheek.

That said I don't believe AWB is as bad going forward as many seem to believe. I think he's slowly improving and is young enough to improve that aspect of his game imo.

However Sancho's link up with the other forwards and movement for the passing of Bruno and Pogba for example isn't totally dependant on a fullback that get's forward.

Last edited:
Love Laird, but disagree he's needed if we sign Sancho. AWB is by no means a top attacking RB, but he's literally not had an actual natural right sided attacker to play with all season. He has to take on entire left sides by himself, which makes him look worse than he is. Trent is fantastic but having one of the best RW in the world dribbling and pulling away players gives him so much space for his deliveries. AWB linkup and crossing has really come along if the last few months before the break as well, and his dribbling has always been pretty good for a fullback. I think having a top quality right winger like Sancho to will bring out the best from him and make him play much more naturally in attack. Can't overstate how horrific it must be when you're having to play behind James, Pereira and Mata on the wing week in week out (though Mata and James are both players I like).

Cantonagotmehere

Love Laird, but disagree he's needed if we sign Sancho. AWB is by no means a top attacking RB, but he's literally not had an actual natural right sided attacker to play with all season. He has to take on entire left sides by himself, which makes him look worse than he is. Trent is fantastic but having one of the best RW in the world dribbling and pulling away players gives him so much space for his deliveries. AWB linkup and crossing has really come along if the last few months before the break as well, and his dribbling has always been pretty good for a fullback. I think having a top quality right winger like Sancho to will bring out the best from him and make him play much more naturally in attack. Can't overstate how horrific it must be when you're having to play behind James, Pereira and Mata on the wing week in week out (though Mata and James are both players I like).
Great post. Very much agree. I really love watching AWB play and seeing him improve going forward. Also, love his attitude.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
He was a top class midfielder, There is no doubt about that.
I have to add that in Fergie’s first title winning season, with Robson pretty much injured and Choccy shifted into midfield, Ince was the midfield. I know it gave rise to all the ‘guvnor’ nonsense but as a player he was real quality for about 2 seasons.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
He was a top class midfielder, There is no doubt about that.
He was brilliant for us, 93-94 season he was one of the best players in Europe, even in his last season for us he was ace. Was gutted when we sold him. He did well for inter too which was rare at the time for an English player to go abroad and succeed. Not sure he was great for Liverpool and that certainly tarnished him from a United point of view. But for 3/4 seasons at United he was brilliant

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Not to mention that having to run the whole right flank by yourself is exhausting. You have to be the attacker and the defender while the RW goes and hides inside or stands in the box.

With a proper RW that can actually hold the ball or take it on themselves it'll give him a chance to get in better positions. As you say I don't think he's anywhere near as bad as others make out. He's 10x better going forward than Darmian that's for sure!

Not to mention that having to run the whole right flank by yourself is exhausting. You have to be the attacker and the defender while the RW goes and hides inside or stands in the box.

With a proper RW that can actually hold the ball or take it on themselves it'll give him a chance to get in better positions. As you say I don't think he's anywhere near as bad as others make out. He's 10x better going forward than Darmian that's for sure!
Spot on. You can see how knackered AWB starts to get near the end of games and after long runs of fixtures, despite his athletic prowess. He still keeps his defensive instincts for the most part, but it's a big ask to have him bombing up the flank all 90 minutes as well when he barely gets any help

Le Red

Bathing Ape is a pretty readily recognisable expensive brand. I’ve got to make a mental note that most people posting on Redcafe are washed up middle aged folks
At least we don't pay 200 dollars for a shirt someone made for 2.
Good luck buying a house later on, but hey, at least you will have a lot of Rape clothes.

NYAS

Good luck buying a house later on, but hey, at least you will have a lot of Rape clothes.
:lol: Classic RedCafe.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
He's much better on the left. We have Rashford on the left. Really isn't an ideal scenario. He's a fantastic talent though but can fade out of the game on the right cause he doesn't have the power and pace to consistently take fullbacks on the outside.
Hang on, you're saying Sancho is better on the left as well?!

Can no one play on the right these days?

laughtersassassin

Sancho plays more in the right and he is one of the best in the world at it so it doesn't matter of he is slightly better on the Left.

Also statically Sancho is better in the right so.....

TsuWave

washed up, no sauce having, dripless and mad? :/

Last edited:

RooneyLegend

Of course he's better on the left. Doesn't take much to see that. As a player he's very Hazardesque.

Not that he can't play on the right, he's just not nearly as effective. Especially against a set defence playing deep something big teams should expect to face a lot.

washed up, no sauce having, dripless and mad? :/
:lol: :lol:

Swear there's a very specific type of poster on here that passionately fantasizes about Keane twatting any young player that posts on social media, wears something other than jeans and a t-shirt, and looks like more than 5 minutes were spent cutting their hair

mav_9me

Dominant outside dribbler won't be much use against packed defenses no? Not much space to dribble into.

Actually for me his strength is his passing in the box which should be very useful against parked bus defenses.

In any case he is still more than pacy to play on the counter.

RooneyLegend

Dominant outside dribbler won't be much use against packed defenses no? Not much space to dribble into.

Actually for me his strength is his passing in the box which should be very useful against parked bus defenses.

In any case he is still more than pacy to play on the counter.
Theres always space for that type of dribbler and if a player is right footed and plays on the right that's what he'd need to be to be effective when facing that type of team. A packed defence only has space in wide areas. Ask yourself this, would you sign Hazard and play him on the right?

Yeah, that's right. That's because h comes in narrow when in transition so he can have a playmaking effect on the game. However we won't play every minute of the season on the counter.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Theres always space for that type of dribbler and if a player is right footed and plays on the right that's what he'd need to be to be effective when facing that type of team. A packed defence only has space in wide areas. Ask yourself this, would you sign Hazard and play him on the right?

Yeah, that's right. That's because h comes in narrow when in transition so he can have a playmaking effect on the game. However we won't play every minute of the season on the counter.
He's played lots of games on the right for Dortmund and England and some perfectly fine. He doesn't rely on speed, more agility and balance. He stops his opponents still then bursts past them rather than taking them on at top speed. He can go inside or outside like this.

Look back at his highlights from his first season at Dortmund and he fairs plenty well - but yes you could say his goal scoring is easier from the left wing. Even if he doesn't score as many from the right for us, his overall contribution in terms of assists and ball carrying would be more than worth it.

RooneyLegend

He's played lots of games on the right for Dortmund and England and some perfectly fine. He doesn't rely on speed, more agility and balance. He stops his opponents still then bursts past them rather than taking them on at top speed. He can go inside or outside like this.

Look back at his highlights from his first season at Dortmund and he fairs plenty well - but yes you could say his goal scoring is easier from the left wing. Even if he doesn't score as many from the right for us, his overall contribution in terms of assists and ball carrying would be more than worth it.
You don't spend 100 million on a player and not use them in their best way because they will be 'perfectly fine' doing something else.

Going on a players inside using your weaker foot is difficult even for players who have a good weaker foot.

If we sign him, we'll start him off on the right, and he'll be inconsistent. People will be talking about him disappearing in games. He'll then get his chance on the left and be amazing. But then that's going to be an issue cause that's where Rashford plays.

We're going to expect goals from him if we sign him at that price.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
To the people who think he can't play RW who would you sign? and who is better in that position?

steve88

To the people who think he can't play RW who would you sign? and who is better in that position?
I agree I aint seen much of him but from what I have he can play both sides but mostly on the right. I have watched scouting videos by statman Dave and and a bundesliga video showing he can play both as effective and highlight videos showing he can play right wing the same as he can left wing. what I would like to see with our front 3 be fluid like we had in 08 with Ronaldo, tmTevez and Rooney all be able to switch sides and change position mid game.

Status
Not open for further replies.