Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fracture90

If we can’t get him for 85 million maximum we should look elsewhere.

I’m just thinking about the game yesterday and how we need better squad quality. We shouldn’t splash that amount of money in a time when we need more backup quality players. If Bayern are getting players like sane for 50 million then Dortmund need to lossen up on sancho price tag.

With greenwood also performing we don’t seem as desperate. We have more bargaining power.
I do agree about the max figure, but Sane is really not the example you'd want to point out here.

Sane has explicitly stated that he wants to go, he's been openly pushing for a move, he's coming off a horrendous
Injury and he only had a year on his contract left. If anything Bayern were mugged here imo.

Mr Smith

With Sane going to Bayern for £45m with add-ons of £10m, I think £60m plus add-ons would be the right price for Sancho?
The "right" price? What on earth does that mean? Do you honestly think clubs negotiate based on what they think is "right" based on other transfers?

Sane's price is completely irrelevant IMO. Sancho's worth will be determined by two things; what United can afford to pay, and what Dortmund are prepared to accept. Supply and demand. It's as simple as that.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
The "right" price? What on earth does that mean? Do you honestly think clubs negotiate based on what they think is "right" based on other transfers?

Sane's price is completely irrelevant IMO. Sancho's worth will be determined by two things; what United can afford to pay, and what Dortmund are prepared to accept. Supply and demand. It's as simple as that.
I don’t agree with this, surely they look at the market rate of similar players? Hence why Neymars transfer might have broken everything.

At least that’s just one small factor they consider.

Mr Smith

I don’t agree with this, surely they look at the market rate of similar players? Hence why Neymars transfer might have broken everything.

At least that’s just one small factor they consider.
Why would they exactly? For one thing, United are a vastly richer club than Bayern. For another, Dortmund know that United really covert Sancho, and that he is their top transfer target by some distance. Why would they lower their valuation because of what another club has done.

From what I've seen, there are no clear indications that Dortmund feel they need to sell. The only thing in our favour is that it at least appears that Sancho wants to leave, and that we are probably the only team that can afford him right now. On the one hand, they're probably better off selling now because he'll only have a year on his contract next season, and the valuation could be lower. But on the other, there could be 2-3 new buyers next season. So they can negotiate up.

Fact of the matter is, we have no idea what the fee (if agreed) will be, but it will be determined by what one team is prepared to pay, and what the other team considers a fair price to compensate for them losing probably their best player.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Why would they exactly? For one thing, United are a vastly richer club than Bayern. For another, Dortmund know that United really covert Sancho, and that he is their top transfer target by some distance. Why would they lower their valuation because of what another club has done.

From what I've seen, there are no clear indications that Dortmund feel they need to sell. The only thing in our favour is that it at least appears that Sancho wants to leave, and that we are probably the only team that can afford him right now. On the one hand, they're probably better off selling now because he'll only have a year on his contract next season, and the valuation could be lower. But on the other, there could be 2-3 new buyers next season. So they can negotiate up.

Fact of the matter is, we have no idea what the fee (if agreed) will be, but it will be determined by what one team is prepared to pay, and what the other team considers a fair price to compensate for them losing probably their best player.
I get your point, but I mean from uniteds perspective it is probably important to see what similarly rated players are going for.

I’m not saying it’s the only factor but it’s something they could mention in negotiations, surely?

I’m not sure to be honest I don’t think either of us have a great idea how these negotiations pan out. :lol:

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
You are forgetting Sane's level.
Nah I think this is the classic case of overrating a player that’s been injured. He was good but was also prone to inconsistency the same as Martial and Rashford. You also have to remember he was playing in an absolutely elite team at City who produce loads more than at Utd. Martial and Rashford would both tear it up at City but have had to deal with far more disjointed teams here, which hopefully appears to no longer be the case.

RazorOz

Why do people keep making out like if Sane is that price, Sancho should be a similar price. Sane had 1 year left on his contract, just been out for a year with a cruciate knee ligament injury, and only wanted to move to Bayern. Sancho has 2 years left on his contract, just had the season of his life, is English which always adds value, and is very unlikely to only want to move to Man Utd, he's going to cost way more if that's the going rate. I'd be surprised to see Sancho move for less than some kind of deal that with add ons takes it up to like 100m, if you think he's moving for less than 80m you're just not being at all realistic imo.

Giggsy13

Rashford has never shown the level of Sane. Let's not kid ourselves just because Sane's been injured. And before anyone gets the goals stats out Sane has comparable numbers over last three seasons despite being in and out the team and Rashford has often played as a striker.

Not knocking Rashford who may go on to have a great career but you only have to watch them to see Sane is special while Rashford is good.
Can you honestly say that Sane would put up Rashford’s production playing on our team? Rashford was on pace this year for his best season when we didn’t have Bruno or Pogba in the team. Sane’s best season in 2017/18 was on a historically good city team. Rashford on that city team would be eclipsing Sane’s best season.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
eh...the fact that he had only 1 year left on his contract significantly lowered the price, plus the fact that Sane is coming off a serious injury.

I still think to get sancho it'll cost 80M plus 20 in add ons or something like that.
Yea something around this ball park i feel.

RC89

Can you honestly say that Sane would put up Rashford’s production playing on our team? Rashford was on pace this year for his best season when we didn’t have Bruno or Pogba in the team. Sane’s best season in 2017/18 was on a historically good city team. Rashford on that city team would be eclipsing Sane’s best season.
Hmmm. That's an interesting point. In terms of goals I think you're right, Rashford would likely have gotten a fair few in that City team.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Price will be dependant on a number of factors, none of which us lowly fans will be privy to.
  • Dortmunds financial situation
  • Uniteds financial situation
  • The players willingness to leave
  • Other interested parties
  • Alternative options available to United
United will absolutely use the fees paid for the likes of Sane and Werner and whoever else in that bracket moves clubs as a benchmark upon which to make an opening offer.

We saw with Fernandes that there will be a lot of manoeuvering and bluffing from both sides so I wouldn't expect this one to get resolved quickly.

romufc

Price will be dependant on a number of factors, none of which us lowly fans will be privy to.
United will absolutely use the fees paid for the likes of Sane and Werner and whoever else in that bracket moves clubs as a benchmark upon which to make an opening offer.

We saw with Fernandes that there will be a lot of manoeuvering and bluffing from both sides so I wouldn't expect this one to get resolved quickly.
The factors are fair but I do not see the price changing much because of United's financial situation and players willingness to leave. I think it has been clear that Sancho wants to leave Dortmund.

It also seems that not many parties are interested and there are no direct Sancho alternatives.

It feels like the Maguire deal, this is the price if you want him. Fernandes had movement because of Sporting's financial issues and the league.

The Irish Connection

Sancho must be first choice, but if we can’t get him, Traore has to be second. He would be easier to rotate too.

I just hope we actually sign a right winger this year and that the covid thing hasn’t affected us badly.

Ooh, the number of the beast

pascell

I'd say in my opinion it's the following..

• Dortmunds financial situation - stable - fairly good
  • Uniteds financial situation - very good - solid
  • The players willingness to leave - would leave if the offer was right, if he has to stay another season I don't think it'd bother him. Next summer more clubs might be interested as with one year left on his deal, so there could be a bidding war, now is our best chance to sign Sancho.
  • Other interested parties - I feel like his agent/club asked others around if they'd be interested but no one can afford him at the moment, which helps our position due to no one being able to bid us up.
  • Alternative options available to United - plenty of options, Ferran Torres or maybe a longshot would be Matondo, plus the current form of Greenwood occupying that position. The main aim is to get competition for places amongst the squad whilst adding quality.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
The factors are fair but I do not see the price changing much because of United's financial situation and players willingness to leave. I think it has been clear that Sancho wants to leave Dortmund.

It also seems that not many parties are interested and there are no direct Sancho alternatives.

It feels like the Maguire deal, this is the price if you want him. Fernandes had movement because of Sporting's financial issues and the league.
Sancho's willingness to join United is a massive factor in this. The worst possible scenario for any club with a hot player on their books is for that player to say 'I want to leave, and I want to join that club'.

Of course we have no idea if that is the case here, but if it is, what are Dortmunds choices? Keep an unhappy player? Of course not. They lose a lot of negotiating strength. Its the difference between Dortmund demanding £100m+ and not budging from that, or them eventually settling for a fee of around £65-70m, because what else can they do?

It will drag on all summer no doubt. My prediction is a final fee around the number above, and it gets done about a week before the window closes.

Mount's Goatieson

Supports
Chelsea
Leroy Sane is a far better player than Marcus Rashford. Sorry but this argument can only exist on a Manchester United forum.
Also Sane has played predominantly as a pure winger, hugging the touchline more often than cutting inside whiles Rashford has been playing as an inside forward or striker. Comparing their goal stats is a bit disingenuous and probably favours Sane rather considering the fact that Rashford was your main penalty taker before Bruno came in and Sane never has been.
But this is football and being out for a whole season is enough time for football fans to forget how good a young player not playing for their favorite team really is.

romufc

Sancho's willingness to join United is a massive factor in this. The worst possible scenario for any club with a hot player on their books is for that player to say 'I want to leave, and I want to join that club'.

Of course we have no idea if that is the case here, but if it is, what are Dortmunds choices? Keep an unhappy player? Of course not. They lose a lot of negotiating strength. Its the difference between Dortmund demanding £100m+ and not budging from that, or them eventually settling for a fee of around £65-70m, because what else can they do?

It will drag on all summer no doubt. My prediction is a final fee around the number above, and it gets done about a week before the window closes.
Yep, be prepared for a long summer transfer saga. Manutd love a transfer saga. Apparently Dortmund have said that they want any deal to be done before their season starts, which is a month earlier than the close of the window.

Also, all those people who were saying there will be a bidding war for Sancho next summer, have a look at how much Sane went for. If Sane had 2 years left, he would not have gone for £50m.

If Dortmund keep Sancho, they would be risking him going for a similar fee.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

• The players willingness to leave - would leave if the offer was right, if he has to stay another season I don't think it'd bother him. Next summer more clubs might be interested as with one year left on his deal, so there could be a bidding war, now is our best chance to sign Sancho.
  • Other interested parties - I feel like his agent/club asked others around if they'd be interested but no one can afford him at the moment, which helps our position due to no one being able to bid us up.
  • Alternative options available to United - plenty of options, Ferran Torres or maybe a longshot would be Matondo, plus the current form of Greenwood occupying that position. The main aim is to get competition for places amongst the squad whilst adding quality.
Please never mention Matondo in the same sentance as Torres or Sancho again :lol:

fps

Given what Man Utd paid for Harry Maguire, which to me is a more relevant benchmark than Sane as it suggests the club's spending power, I don't see Sancho going for less than about £91m with add-ons potentially on top, if he's moving this summer. Dortmund are a selling club, but he's one of the best prospects in world football.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

You forgot Dortmund's willingness to sell, which this summer is very high because they know they won't get much of a fee as he ticks into the final year of his contract. They know they need to sell this summer if they want to cash in. He's a goner this window.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Given what Man Utd paid for Harry Maguire, which to me is a more relevant benchmark than Sane as it suggests the club's spending power
Much like the fee Bayern paid for Hernandez?

Giggsy13

Sancho will have to be our record signing. The childish and stupid leaks to the media of what we’re going to pay will go nowhere with a club like Dortmund. £90 million plus add ons is probably the right price.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Given what Man Utd paid for Harry Maguire, which to me is a more relevant benchmark than Sane as it suggests the club's spending power, I don't see Sancho going for less than about £91m with add-ons potentially on top, if he's moving this summer. Dortmund are a selling club, but he's one of the best prospects in world football.
COVID will play a part though. Everybody's revenue is down by a significant %. I just can't see us paying anywhere close to Maguires fee. We'd look elsewhere if Dortmund won't be reasonable, hence why its so important for Sancho to want to leave and to want to join us

El-Manos

I reckon he won’t go for less than £92.8m to be honest.....

seegoblu

Pushing the price down is a double edged sword. Sure you can save some money for other transfers, but pushing it too low can bring other bidders into play (or BVB keeps him for the year). At £70m+ might PSG come in? Real? Chelsea?

There’s no competition at £100m so we get a free run at Sancho. Force the price too low and the competition muppets fear we would face next year with Sancho in his final year could materialize this year.

Pay Dortmund their price and call RW solved for the next 10 years.

Womp

idiot
Pushing the price down is a double edged sword. Sure you can save some money for other transfers, but pushing it too low can bring other bidders into play (or BVB keeps him for the year). At £70m+ might PSG come in? Real? Chelsea?

There’s no competition at £100m so we get a free run at Sancho. Force the price too low and the competition muppets fear we would face next year with Sancho in his final year could materialize this year.

Pay Dortmund their price and call RW solved for the next 10 years.
PSG ain't going to buy Sancho to warm the bench for Neymar or Mbappe. Real are already stocked in those positions and most noise coming from them suggests they aren't going to break the bank for anyone this window, not to add, they seem to still be obsessed with Mbappe. Chelsea signed Werner and Ziyech, who will operate from the wings, most likely andthey have defensive issues they need to address.

We are probably legitimately the only team that are in the right position to sign him, which hopefully helps our chances of negotiating.

I do think if we do end up signing him, it'll be for the price Dortmund want though, which so often seems to be the case with us.

seegoblu

PSG ain't going to buy Sancho to warm the bench for Neymar or Mbappe. Real are already stocked in those positions and most noise coming from them suggests they aren't going to break the bank for anyone this window, not to add, they seem to still be obsessed with Mbappe. Chelsea signed Werner and Ziyech, who will operate from the wings, most likely andthey have defensive issues they need to address.

We are probably legitimately the only team that are in the right position to sign him, which hopefully helps our chances of negotiating.

I do think if we do end up signing him, it'll be for the price Dortmund want though, which so often seems to be the case with us.
At the right buyer’s price (which it seems Ed is fighting to get), I just don’t think you can count out Chelsea, who despite their obvious defensive issues, are still rumored to be in for another offensive player in Havertz. Also, PSG would be a very realistic option, with Neymar having played CAM for much of the year and Mbappe moving more towards a center forward role this past year. Also, both Neymar (Barca) and Mbappe (Real or Liverpool) remain top targets elsewhere for leading clubs. PSG would be smart to be looking to bring in more young superstar talent...especially at a bargain price.

pascell

Please never mention Matondo in the same sentance as Torres or Sancho again :lol:
:lol: to be fair that's why I said 'longshot', would be seen more of a James type of signing. I've liked the look of him when I've watched him for Schalke, knows how to take a man on.

You forgot Dortmund's willingness to sell, which this summer is very high because they know they won't get much of a fee as he ticks into the final year of his contract. They know they need to sell this summer if they want to cash in. He's a goner this window.
I do feel they'll drop their valuation of him this summer. Next summer I can see the likes of Chelsea, Real and possibly Liverpool take a keener interest, what we'd want to avoid and what Dortmund would want to happen, is a bidding war. This summer that won't happen as no one else can afford him, next summer more teams will likely try to sign him.

romufc

plenty of options, Ferran Torres or maybe a longshot would be Matondo, plus the current form of Greenwood occupying that position. The main aim is to get competition for places amongst the squad whilst adding quality.
There are no direct alternatives to Sancho. Ferran Torres stats this season - 6 gtoals 7 assists in all comps

Sancho stats - 20 goals 20 assists.

Red_toad

Sancho must be first choice, but if we can’t get him, Traore has to be second. He would be easier to rotate too.

I just hope we actually sign a right winger this year and that the covid thing hasn’t affected us badly.

Ooh, the number of the beast
Which one? Out of interest...

HaliRed

Yep, be prepared for a long summer transfer saga. Manutd love a transfer saga. Apparently Dortmund have said that they want any deal to be done before their season starts, which is a month earlier than the close of the window.

Also, all those people who were saying there will be a bidding war for Sancho next summer, have a look at how much Sane went for. If Sane had 2 years left, he would not have gone for £50m.

If Dortmund keep Sancho, they would be risking him going for a similar fee.
Luckily, the premier league summer transfer window this season looks to be from July 26th to September 1st (for now). So at worst, we only have to endure 1 month of it!

Denis' cuff

Luckily, the premier league summer transfer window this season looks to be from July 26th to September 1st (for now). So at worst, we only have to endure 1 month of it!
we’ve already endured several months of it. Point taken though l

AneRu

Dortmund will demand 100m and we will likely get him for 90m odd plus add ons.

Status
Not open for further replies.