Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishRedDevil

Dortmund will push for him to be our most expensive ever signing, so I guess it''ll be £1m more than the £89m paid for Pogba.

Cliche Guevara

Yeah listen I understand the want to keep the sources credible but if that's the case then we should ban every source other than what 3 journo's? And let's be honest even those reliable few only confirm things once transfers are more or less totally done and dusted more often than not.

It's childish to read into almost anything any journalist writes when it comes to transfers. I very much doubt Ed would hand out information to any paper whatsoever. If you look at it that way then there is likely to be an ITK out there that does know far more than any paper ever will. But of course we can't identify the true ITK's so it's a non starter if all we want is 'reliable' sources.
I said last year I really enjoy reading Christina’s gossip even though most of it is clearly nonsense. That’s not the issue.

It’s the nonsense around the Reddit idiots that really annoys me. People can feel free to go there if they wish but I can’t be doing with people trying to endorse them with what was clearly false information.

Last edited:

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
I’ve literally followed this thread more than any other thread and having read all or most posts, I can safely say that I enjoy the news from the ITK as it got me super excited but I do agree that there are posters on here who have been following clear rules about which sources are genuine enough to be posted on here and I find it unfair to them that info from ITK’s is being posted on here. Posters could’ve shared such info too but since we’re all waiting for reliable sources to share updates, we should continue following the same trend.

However I wouldn’t mind having a separate thread where people can share all these ITK updates! I never mind such sources specially as some posters have pointed out, these people such as the ITK4 guy, is apparently someone employed in the business and well connected.

theklr

I’ve literally followed this thread more than any other thread and having read all or most posts, I can safely say that I enjoy the news from the ITK as it got me super excited but I do agree that there are posters on here who have been following clear rules about which sources are genuine enough to be posted on here and I find it unfair to them that info from ITK’s is being posted on here. Posters could’ve shared such info too but since we’re all waiting for reliable sources to share updates, we should continue following the same trend.

However I wouldn’t mind having a separate thread where people can share all these ITK updates! I never mind such sources specially as some posters have pointed out, these people such as the ITK4 guy, is apparently someone employed in the business and well connected.
Fair enough, good point. If its not allowed its not allowed.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I say it every transfer window, Simon Stone isn't an ITK he's a club mouthpiece, he tells the world what the club what him/the world to know not what's actually happening

Infestissumam

to be fair, there probably isn't a journalist out there that is as close to the club as Stone ... he is pretty much a mouthpiece for Ed. So when he confirms that Sancho indeed is our top target, that does carry some weight. At least to me.

treble_winner

to be fair, there probably isn't a journalist out there that is as close to the club as Stone ... he is pretty much a mouthpiece for Ed. So when he confirms that Sancho indeed is our top target, that does carry some weight. At least to me.
I don't think there have ever been any doubts about whether we prioritize Sancho or not.
The true million dollar question has always been whether we can land him in this economic climate.

crossy1686

career ending
It’s important people understand the language these journalists who are close to United use.

When Simon stone says “I think they believe Jaydon Sancho wants to come back to England” what he really means is “Sancho has told United he wants to come back and that’s what Ed has told me”.

Language is important, these guys aren’t going to throw their sources under the bus but they’re sources are 100% credible and are involved in the process. They protect their sources when they speak so they can take responsibility for getting something “wrong” if a transfer doesn’t come off. If they spout off any old bollocks they’ll find themselves out of the loop when it comes to these stories in the future.

laughtersassassin

That it does but also history shows don't believe him when he says we are far apart on valuation and a deal is a ways off.

Historically when he says stiff like this the deals have been wrappte up quickly

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Fair enough and I'm sorry if it was out of turn posting about ITKs. Someone had been asking about the credibility of the Muppetiers info and I had replied initially to that post, that at least one guy's info has been pretty spot on. But I won't mention that anymore.

I do have a question for you though. You and a couple of other people on here are mentioning about journalists put their neck on the line. How exactly are they doing that?
Every year the same guys post so many "Exclusives" that all turn out to be false and yet I don't see them stop writing or losing their jobs. So what necks are they sticking out? The likes of Delaney, Maddock, Luckhurst constantly post updates which turn out to be false, I don't see them being held accountable.

99% of all journalists just write cr*p so I don't see why their info has any credence on here. Like I said I take every transfer rumor, no matter who reports it, as fun and games until the club confirms it, so I'm not bothered whether any specific journo or ITK is allowed here or not. But to say journalists have any credibility or stick their necks out is plain hypocritical.
Mate you don’t have to apologise. I know you just trying to do what’s good and give people the info.

Regards your question, all those journalists have jobs and what little reputation they’ve left, if not with us, then with their peers.

When they put a name on the story, it will definitely some consequence in the future. Eventually you’ll be regarded as a bullshit merchant as Delaney is. That can also directly affect them. Those guys, the nameless ITK, they get outed as bullshit merchants and nothing happens.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Feck knows what rock these ITK clowns live under for 10 months of the year, before suddenly springing to life every summer with real-time information on every big deal that United are involved in (co-incidentally, their ‘contacts‘ conveniently exclusively provide information on United only). Then the window closes, and they presumably go back to stacking shelves until the following summer.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Feck knows what rock these ITK clowns live under for 10 months of the year, before suddenly springing to life every summer with real-time information on every big deal that United are involved in (co-incidentally, their ‘contacts‘ conveniently exclusively provide information on United only). Then the window closes, and they presumably go back to stacking shelves until the following summer.
I mean that’s how this works. The window is only open two months in the summer. The January window doesn’t have enough activity to compare. So of course these journalists and ITKs are going to be super active only during these 2 months. What’s hard to believe about that?

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
I mean that’s how this works. The window is only open two months in the summer. The January window doesn’t have enough activity to compare. So of course these journalists and ITKs are going to be super active only during these 2 months. What’s hard to believe about that?
I assumed they hibernated, like squirrels?

ManRed

Twitter fans tracking plane already?? Didn't know muppet season started already

GJNJ

Twitter fans tracking plane already?? Didn't know muppet season started already
Strange that it is flying in such a straight line like that, almost like it's been faked.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Do you only hear from journalists in the summer then?

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
He was pictured jogging in Manchester recently wasn't he?

So those posts of him getting into a plane suggests he's leaving Manchester

RUCK4444

Joking aside though, even if I was earning £350k per week I still wouldn't money on private planes. I can't think of a bigger waste of money.

Just jump on a feckin' commercial flight FFS.

spaceboyRSA

Joking aside though, even if I was earning £350k per week I still wouldn't money on private planes. I can't think of a bigger waste of money.

Just jump on a feckin' commercial flight FFS.
And make sure to take a sip of the air hostess supplied bottled water in front of all of the regular joes on the plane...

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Mate you don’t have to apologise. I know you just trying to do what’s good and give people the info.

Regards your question, all those journalists have jobs and what little reputation they’ve left, if not with us, then with their peers.

When they put a name on the story, it will definitely some consequence in the future. Eventually you’ll be regarded as a bullshit merchant as Delaney is. That can also directly affect them. Those guys, the nameless ITK, they get outed as bullshit merchants and nothing happens.
Well Delaney still keeps on writing and getting clicks. Same with the likes of Custis, who was even publicly called out by LVG. So I don't know how much their reputation gets affected.

Nevertheless, I get what you're saying so let's not derail this thread further and leave it at that. :)

KennyBurner

Reading this twitter thread and it kind of highlights how Sancho is not an 80 million player and with good reason. he isn’t explosive enough like the best forwards (mane, mbappe Messi) but is more on the creative side. He also needs a good fullback to get the best out of him. Highly doubt awb is good for this. Interesting thread. Makes me appreciate rashfords explosiveness even more.

I’d still play up though because there is nothing better out there.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt

Reading this twitter thread and it kind of highlights how Sancho is not an 80 million player and with good reason. he isn’t explosive enough like the best forwards (mane, mbappe Messi) but is more on the creative side. He also needs a good fullback to get the best out of him. Highly doubt awb is good for this. Interesting thread. Makes me appreciate rashfords explosiveness even more.

Griezmann for a long period was one of the best forwards in the game but didn't have any physical attributes like the others mentioned.

pascell

That guy is full of sh**, Sancho is fast, very fast. He's also 20 years old so hasn't grown into his body yet like Greenwood, he'll get faster for sure.

Also he says 1. 'Pep let him go', no he didn't, Sancho chose to leave after not being given enough assurances. 2. AWB isn't suited to overlapping, although he's limited going forward, he still acts as an outlet to Greenwood on the right. 3. He's come back overweight, yes he has in the past but look at his Instagram and he's out doing cardio work.

GJNJ

Why should we give a feck what this guy from twitter thinks?

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)

You and that guy need to get your fecking eyes checked. The video below was 12 months ago. He is so much better now when compared to last season.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Well Delaney still keeps on writing and getting clicks. Same with the likes of Custis, who was even publicly called out by LVG. So I don't know how much their reputation gets affected.

Nevertheless, I get what you're saying so let's not derail this thread further and leave it at that. :)
Delaney has absolutely no credibility with anyone that follows transfer news. They still write because transfers are just one part of their job.

Status
Not open for further replies.