Supports
Chelsea
"Not very... fresh"

"Yeah, exactly/easy"

not sure of what he says next

then finally looks like "of course yeh" or "we could, yeh"

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Yep. BVB will be painted as the bad guys for refusing to be reasonable during a global pandemic and recession.
There is a starting premise which I think is true: Dortmund have to sell, no matter what their public position or posture or bluff is. Woodward knows this.

The only reason we would walk away is if Dortmund's demands are beyond financial scope. And in that instance, Dortmund will be the ones who messed this up. Whatever they claim, their entire business model is built around being a selling club. Within that context, they would be experts at how much any buying club can afford, and ensure they don't over price their players. Keeping Sancho for an extra season will create havoc in their balance sheet for next 12 months.

RedStarUnited

Just saw this figure on the BBC. This is incredible output, especially considering his age.

We must sign him at all costs this summer, because next summer it’ll be much more challenging with other big clubs vying to sign him as well.
Off topic but Messi is a bit silly isnt he, Jesus Christ.

Revan

Assumptionman
Regardless of the lip reading, Zorc's next statement and the ITK stories, I am still a firm believer that this is the best time for Dortmund to cash out on their very successful investment. It makes a lot of sense and free from uncertainty that is COVID-19 effect for the future.
Not only Covid uncertainty, but he will have only 12 months in his contract next summer. They would be lucky to get 50m then. I would be surprised if the world record for a player in his last year of the contract would be anything like that, it is probably quite lower.

In all honesty, if we got an offer of 80m for Pogba and he would have told us that he won't sign a new contract, I believe that we would have sold him. Fortunately, there is neither an offer, nor Pogba seems to want to leave (I hope we give him a contract fast, cause if we don't play well, he might change his mind and then we will need to sell him for 30m next summer). So, I think that it mostly depends on Sancho. If he says to them that he won't sign a contract, BVB is going to sell him. If he is open for a contract then that is another matter.

RedStarUnited

Di Marzio really lost credibility with his Neymar nonsense last summer. He confirmed the deal to Barcelona is done and it turned out to be utter nonsense. He really isn't reliable at all.
If you follow Barcelona you will know that the president really did want to bring back Neymar. But they couldn't get a deal to make sense.

Plenty of Transfers fail at the bery last second. Have a look at this video of Dan James failed transfer in January 2019. He was meant to sign for Leeds and had even signed some of the paperwork.

Now imagine Di Marzio or someone like that report that this deals done....

roseguy64

Why Sancho’s agent would send info to some third tier journo like Romano? It makes as much sense as deciding to post that info on the car.

I admit that at times they might know something, but for the majority of transfers they are simply guessing. The smart ones like Romano do not commit that often, and are ‘yeah, they are negotiating etc’.
There's an actual documentary on YouTube of Romano meeting with agents and live-tweeting after. He genuinely has agent contacts he's fostered by hanging around where they frequent.

shahzy

If you follow Barcelona you will know that the president really did want to bring back Neymar. But they couldn't get a deal to make sense.

Plenty of Transfers fail at the bery last second. Have a look at this video of Dan James failed transfer in January 2019. He was meant to sign for Leeds and had even signed some of the paperwork.

Now imagine Di Marzio or someone like that report that this deals done....
Great response. If people want things that are nailed on 99.95% of the time, they might aswell wait for the official club statement but even then there is a chance of it falling through. Cancelling journalists who get a few wrong here and there is kind of stupid imo. Things change very quickly and a journo is never going to know the very latest information unless their source is the CEO themself

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
There is nothing Zorc is going to say tmrw other than Sancho is our player and he is going to training camp in Switzerland. No way he holds a presser to say his player is leaving.

roseguy64

I'm sure he's tweeted many times in this saga that 'the two clubs are in negotiations.' In fact he did so once or twice today.

This is how these idiots make a living, people accept their half arsed bullsh*t answers when they are proved wrong.
Romano, German and English sources have said that the clubs are negotiating through intermediaries. One of them was even named, brother of Stephan Lichsteiner.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Not only Covid uncertainty, but he will have only 12 months in his contract next summer. They would be lucky to get 50m then. I would be surprised if the world record for a player in his last year of the contract would be anything like that, it is probably quite lower.

In all honesty, if we got an offer of 80m for Pogba and he would have told us that he won't sign a new contract, I believe that we would have sold him. Fortunately, there is neither an offer, nor Pogba seems to want to leave (I hope we give him a contract fast, cause if we don't play well, he might change his mind and then we will need to sell him for 30m next summer). So, I think that it mostly depends on Sancho. If he says to them that he won't sign a contract, BVB is going to sell him. If he is open for a contract then that is another matter.
Exactly. And I don't think Sancho would extend anyway. Why would he? Dortmund is a selling club, he must have known about that the moment he joined them. That means he will only be there till he's developed enough, and as it is, he's developed enough and ready for a big move. To tie himself with another contract (maybe another 3 or 5 years?) would lessen his chance of leaving. By joining United now, he secures himself a place where he'd earn more money, he will get recognized world wide and he's back in England. It's not like Dortmund will win anything significant anyway, they always sell their biggest assets and develop new ones. It's how they do their business.

Revan

Assumptionman
Exactly. And I don't think Sancho would extend anyway. Why would he? Dortmund is a selling club, he must have known about that the moment he joined them. That means he will only be there till he's developed enough, and as it is, he's developed enough and ready for a big move. To tie himself with another contract (maybe another 3 or 5 years?) would lessen his chance of leaving. By joining United now, he secures himself a place where he'd earn more money, he will get recognized world wide and he's back in England. It's not like Dortmund will win anything significant anyway, they always sell their biggest assets and develop new ones. It's how they do their business.
Agree. Which is why I am very confident that this will happen. It can get long, it might even be a deadline transfer, and who knows, we might end satisfying all BVB's demands, but it will happen. BVB won't allow losing 50m in a financially unstable year, just to keep Sancho for another 12 months so they can finish 10 instead of 15 points below Bayern.

Nori-

It probably comes down to one thing. If Sancho will extend his contract if a deal doesn't happen.

I'd imagine United would have asked him privately, will he extend if a deal can't be done this summer. If he says no, they know they have the upper hand as his value will plummet next year. If he says yes or won't answer for loyalty to Dortmund, they will have to stump up the money.

Its pretty straight forward in that sense.

(Maybe united know he won't extend so are pushing Dortmund to lower the price knowing they won't get anywhere close to £100m with 12 months on his contract)

Marcus

This will go on and on. Today is a fake deadline. It's called posturing.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
There's an actual documentary on YouTube of Romano meeting with agents and live-tweeting after. He genuinely has agent contacts he's fostered by hanging around where they frequent.
It's reported that Marco Lichtsteiner is the intermediary being used by BVB who both Di Marzio and Romano have contact with while his brother played at Juventus.

Bogga

Well some shit better be happening on tuesday that involves money. Either Ole and Matic goes for a kebab down the street from the hotel or we're buying Sancho... Kebab is my favourite food and I can see others thinking the same. But I'd rather it be the second alternative

Rooney1987

Think he'll say it's off
Well it’ll look weird if that is what he says when 4 days ago he said there has been no contact between the clubs. Then according to the Dortmund mouth piece Ruhr Nachrichten we haven’t even bid yet.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
More like if we pay up or decide to drop it. Dortmund isn't lowering their price, they have no reason to.
Dortmund risk losing a significant amount if they risk keeping a player who will only have one year remaining on his contract next summer.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Well it’ll look weird if that is what he says when 4 days ago he said there has been no contact between the clubs. Then according to the Dortmund mouth piece Ruhr Nachrichten we haven’t even bid yet.
Not sure why folks are putting any stock in what any club says during transfer season. It's a business deal. A massive capital expense if you will. Unless it's an official statement issued through their press officers I put absolutely zero stock in anything any of them might say or might have said.

Marcus

More like if we pay up or decide to drop it. Dortmund isn't lowering their price, they have no reason to.
Not at the beginning of the transfer window. Wait till the end. Dortmund know they will be under pressure then. Sancho's contract is expiring soon and this window is when Dortmund still has maximum leverage. That's why they are pushing United to make the offer right now.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Woodward needs to be extra diligent about spending big.

His past few decisions of getting & paying Sanchez crazy salary, give long terms contracts to the likes of Jones, Rojo etc when they hardly feature have cost the club major financial losses. So now they will have made them extra careful and will be in need of having some small 'wins' or the Glazers will start to question their abilities if not already.

Bruno's protracted transfer dealing is probably the way forward. Extracting as much as possible out of the deal. They didn't go for him in the summer as they £70+Million would have been another 'over-paid' deal. But waiting a few more months and bring it down to £48++ million made them look like great negotiators.

Plus it maybe their attempt at changing the 'United always pays more' narrative.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I think a official bid will go in once the intermediaries come to a agreement in principle.

Status
Not open for further replies.