Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gazza

Are the Krays really the most notorious or is it because of the movie?
Growing up in London, the Krays was the only name I associated with 'gangsters' in England, they were well-known among kids in my age group (born late 80s) so they have always been notorious. That's probably why they made a film about them, it's not like their story was a tremendously interesting one amongst your typical gangster flicks, they were just always notorious. They also had a made for TV film made about them in the 80s, starring the brothers from Spandau Ballet!

Che Guevara

Supports
Celtic
United's 3 forwards are all 24 or under and scored a combined 62 goals this season. What United really need in attack are good bench options. The priority for the starting XI I think is once again a CB.
At this level you should be getting at least half of that from just one striker. In fact, Lukaku has scored 33 so far this season.

Womp

idiot
At this level you should be getting at least half of that from just one striker. In fact, Lukaku has scored 33 so far this season.
Mason didn't even begin playing until the second half of the season whilst Rashford and Martial were out for large periods. Not to add, with Pogba out for so long, they had zero creativity behind them before the introduction of Bruno.

It's been a good season for them, all things considered.

Womp

idiot
With him liking that tweet and all the news of us unwilling to pay what is required, this is looking very unlikely now.

Also would explain the Brooks' links

Che Guevara

Supports
Celtic
Mason didn't even begin playing until the second half of the season whilst Rashford and Martial were out for large periods. Not to add, with Pogba out for so long, they had zero creativity behind them before the introduction of Bruno.

It's been a good season for them, all things considered.
I'm not slagging them off, and I acknowledge their youth and hard work. But I wouldn't quite describe any of them as a typical goal machine. I expected United to tempt the likes of Harry Kane or Vardy. With your current midfield they would butcher teams for fun.

DannyDee

Growing up in London, the Krays was the only name I associated with 'gangsters' in England, they were well-known among kids in my age group (born late 80s) so they have always been notorious. That's probably why they made a film about them, it's not like their story was a tremendously interesting one amongst your typical gangster flicks, they were just always notorious. They also had a made for TV film made about them in the 80s, starring the brothers from Spandau Ballet!
The Essex boys in death are very infamous due to the films around them.

The Kray's are probably the most famous. The Adams Family and the Richardson's are pretty infamous given I've heard about them and don't even live in England.

On-topic. Get Sancho. These agent fees if there is any truth to them sound ridiculous, unless its coming out of Dortmund's share. Impossible to justify an 170m lay-out on just purchase before getting into the wage packet. I understand how sketchy things happen when you are talking about players from developing nations. But, don't players realize that if their agent is getting a 50m dollar cut, they are getting ripped off somewhere along the way?

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
He's liking posts that say he's staying at Dortmund. This isn't some 3D chess bullshit. He's staying at Dortmund.

United need to be smart and move the feck on so we're not running around a week before the season starts chasing players and end up with another Fellaini.
He did not. It's photoshopped. Just how hard can it be to crop something and put it on top of another picture?

Eddy_JukeZ

With him liking that tweet and all the news of us unwilling to pay what is required, this is looking very unlikely now.

Also would explain the Brooks' links
You can go on Twitter and check his likes.

Don't see anything that allude to him staying.

Eddy_JukeZ

You're a lot stronger of a Muppet than myself. Barely any news and the news we do get is about how we are struggling to negotiate etc.
I am very confident about this transfer.

Think it's only a matter of time.

Hal9000

It's not going to happen, it's the traditional United shitshow. It'll drag on all summer and we'll get a lot of briefings towards the end. Don't let last season fool you.

Statue of Limitations

Sancho, nobody can deny he would be amazing for us, but this feels a bit different to other sagas we have had to suffer through.

I don't think we will be chasing this one up to Deadline Day, we will either get him over the line sharpish or leave it off and spread our coffers elsewhere.

Make a good offer for him, if it is a no go at our price then just move on, let someone else bust their budget on him.

I want him here, of course but let's not lose other targets and opportunities to strengthen our overall squad.

Womp

idiot
How do you know that? is there like/unlike history or something on instagram?
United fans on Twitter were discussing how they saw him liking it, before he unliked it

Could have been a coincidence, especially as the original tweet was in German. He could have just liked an image of his, without looking into the context

Giggsy13

I'm praying for the day the thread title gets changed to "Jadon Sancho - Dortmund say Ja!"
I think for Dortmund’s trolling and general shitehousery, the status should be changed to “Jadon Sancho - You Love to see it”, if it ever gets confirmed.

Last edited:

murali_red

How many did inter front 3 get ? With more experience our front 3 would do even well, everyone has different aspects to improve

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Well that’s a load of rubbish :lol: Roberto Firmino has 12 goals in all competitions this season.

Nitewolf

The same Lukaku who scored 15 goals for us last season? And 27 goals the season before that.

You do know that he's 27 years old, at his prime, while Rashford is 22, Greenwood is 18 and Martial is 24?

I don't want to say anything about the current state of Serie A. Let's just say it suits his abilities perfectly. Conte's system works for him, God bless.

Let's compare apples to apples. Rashford and Martial are among the top 10 scorers in EPL last season with 17 goals, despite both of them missing a huge chunk of the league through injuries. Lukaku's best for us was in his first season, he scored 16.

Withnail

The same Lukaku who scored 15 goals for us last season? And 27 goals the season before that.

You do know that he's 27 years old, at his prime, while Rashford is 22, Greenwood is 18 and Martial is 24?

I don't want to say anything about the current state of Serie A. Let's just say it suits his abilities perfectly. Conte's system works for him, God bless.

Let's compare apples to apples. Rashford and Martial are among the top 10 scorers in EPL last season with 17 goals, despite both of them missing a huge chunk of the league through injuries. Lukaku's best for us was in his first season, he scored 16.
Greenwood also only started 12 games.

I'm not slagging them off, and I acknowledge their youth and hard work. But I wouldn't quite describe any of them as a typical goal machine. I expected United to tempt the likes of Harry Kane or Vardy. With your current midfield they would butcher teams for fun.
They'd should all increase their output next year barring injuries but what's the problem if their combined total is about the same as the supposed best attack in the PL, even with all the caveats mentioned?

As for getting a 33 year old Vardy in, that's just a bad idea.

Last edited:

cyberman

It's a speculative figure, nothing more; no one knows how much the agents are going to get.
Well theres 2 agents with 1 doing double duty. If Dortmund wants us to cover all fees then thats 3 agent fees right there never mind the intermediary nonsense as well.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
They we're romanticised rather than being notorious. The Richardsons I think were more notorious. I don't think in England we've had a gang since that's been glamourised as much. Probably drill music is the modern day equivalent.

Status
Not open for further replies.