g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infestissumam

Romano never said it was close, that was all Fjortoft I think. Wages not being an issue was reported by others like Falk as well.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
How did agents rise to so much power? Club wants player, player wants club, but sticking point is agents fee. What does the player think if a move breaks down
Yeah it's a shame. There needs to be strict rules laid by the footballing authorities on agent comissions. Only players must be paying them any money. Neither buying or selling club needs to indulge with them leeches.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
We can do 1000 pages by the end of the weekend!

Jack-C20

Looking forward to the next time someone posts a tweet with someone asking Fab for an update. I wonder if he’ll stick to his guns. I’m still a believer!

RUCK4444

Looking forward to the next time someone posts a tweet with someone asking Fab for an update. I wonder if he’ll stick to his guns. I’m still a believer!
Stop allowing yourself to be led by the nose by this charlatan.

I’ve been relatively confident all summer on this and NONE of that confidence was provided by Romano, you can glean most of what you need on the situation without hanging on his every word mate.

SlimDizzle075

This whole Sancho business is a slap in the face of fake media. Sky Sports and all the usual suspects were reporting 3 or 4 weeks ago that a deal was done, personal terms agreed, and Sancho would earn 310k a week. Now these are not transfer muppets on Twitter. We are talking about reputable news organisations who gambled to put their reputation at stake and their necks on the line. This is enough proof for all of us to just wait until the club announces something. Skysports, Talksport radio and pretty much every newspaper in Britain are all guilty of spreading fake news. Its disappointing because when I hear anything on talksport or skysports now, I always say to myself, this might be untrue. You can't trust them. I will only believe it when United announce it.

the obsession with proclaiming any news story that doesn't immediately bare fruit "fakenews" is seriously cringe worthy. the real truth is, the clubs and agents control the narration and leaked info and you have no idea what is really going on. and that is by design. you have no idea if those guys were right all along and the deal is more or less wrapped up and both clubs and agent are keeping tight lipped while a few things play out. like sourcing a replacement, commercial likeness rights, etc, etc. a lot of which could effect the finances of the clubs, and or the deal itself if it was public knowledge that the deal was completed. at the same time you have no idea if the stories were made up? I know that more often then not where there is smoke, there is fire. and i would sit back and let this one play out before claiming any slaps in anyones faces

RepardReece

Reckon he will, think we have agreed personal terms, just the agent demanding ridiculous fees. Fab only said we were in advanced negotiations, which we were.

croadyman

I’ve been relatively confident all summer on this and NONE of that confidence was provided by Romano, you can glean most of what you need on the situation without hanging on his every word mate.
What do you think Utd will propose to overcome these issues

Jack-C20

:lol: Yeah I know but he’s been one of the more positive journalists on this saga. I don’t take what he says as gospel but it’s nice hearing positive things even if it’s BS. I guess I’m a sheep :(

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Romano never said it was close, that was all Fjortoft I think. Wages not being an issue was reported by others like Falk as well.
Quite sure Romano said clubs were confident of reaching an agreement "soon" back in early August, and he also replied to a tweet re. wages saying it was never an issue. He repeatedly has said player has agreed with the club, which means wages are ironed out.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

I'm relatively confident you're chatting bollocks. Lets wait and find out. English journos vs Romano doesn't normally end well.

croadyman

Am i right in thinking that he wouldn't have to self isolate for 14 days if we can get this done before the first game

Chief123

Am i right in thinking that he wouldn't have to self isolate for 14 days if we can get this done before the first game
We'd probably have to get the deal done before the international duty ends. If he returns to Germany, then he'd have to self isolate. Unlikely we'll complete it before he returns home.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Romano must be the journalist..
When the van de Beek stories were ramping up a few days ago, the United-linked journalists were only talking about how we just monitored him. It was Romano, however, who was talking about contacts with his agents and the club. The likes of Stone, Whitwell, Peach, and Luckhurst weren't even mentioning that.

I think the club wants any bit of news on our active negotiations to remain quiet, which would explain why they'd go against what Romano and Falk mentioned. They'd only want info to be revealed if there was confidence in the deal getting completed. Just because personal terms were agreed didn't necessarily mean that we'd get the deal over the line. However, it did mean that we were making good progress on the transfer.

lsd

The Oracle
Read some posts ago it's some Nigerian guy demanding obscene amounts of agent fees. No idea if that's legit though.

Yes it is the Prince of Nigeria and to be fair he says he will give the money back once he is able to get his own fortune out of the country

RUCK4444

I'm relatively confident you're chatting bollocks. Lets wait and find out. English journos vs Romano doesn't normally end well.
OK bud you do your thing, listen to Romano sit on the fence and then (when it’s confirmed by all and sundry) he will type ‘here we go’ and that will prove everything you need to believe in him I’m sure.

Romano has made a mess of this saga more than once, if your such a supporter of his and you’ve followed this saga then I’m sure you already know that.

Anyway let’s focus on Sancho.

Stretender

Talksport? :lol:
You asked me that it was the first time you heard about this. I mentioned in my post Talksport and others reported the fake news. You may not like Talksport but it is a legally operating sports radio station in Britain.

I also said to you I will post any more links if you want. https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp....mund-after-jadon-sancho-agrees-personal-terms

I dont want Fabrizio to sue me for using his catch phrase. There you go https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....-to-agreeing-personal-terms-on-five-year-deal

And there you go again
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....-agree-Jadon-Sancho-fee-Borussia-Dortmund/amp
And there you go again
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....ms-five-year-contract-worth-340-000-week.html

Whether you like them or not that is a spectrum of the British media. And they reported fake news that you never heard of. I am just bringing it to your attention that they reported it and I did not make up the story. That was my point. Happy Sancho Day.

NecssryEvil

Apparently he requires an amount upfront, after which he'll transfer back to United several times more than what we paid.
Underrated comment.

So Jadon will probably be in (at least want) around the 200k p/w range which is roughly 50m over a 5 year contract. And his agent wants 50m to facilitate the deal. If I was Sancho I would have a talk with my agent. 2.5m for the agent seems about appropriate (5% of Sancho's deal) and MAYBE double that. I mean really, what does he bring to the table other than the obvious greed?

All that and here in the US the player pays the agent fees, why tf are the clubs taking that on? Was it one or two deals way back when and things just changed to where we are at?

RUCK4444

:lol: Yeah I know but he’s been one of the more positive journalists on this saga. I don’t take what he says as gospel but it’s nice hearing positive things even if it’s BS. I guess I’m a sheep :(
In fairness transfer tweets are what keep the saga going, the guy just grates on me and I think he plays the game.

Jack-C20

Underrated comment.

So Jadon will probably be in (at least want) around the 200k p/w range which is roughly 50m over a 5 year contract. And his agent wants 50m to facilitate the deal. If I was Sancho I would have a talk with my agent. 2.5m for the agent seems about appropriate (5% of Sancho's deal) and MAYBE double that. I mean really, what does he bring to the table other than the obvious greed?

All that and here in the US the player pays the agent fees, why tf are the clubs taking that on? Was it one or two deals way back when and things just changed to where we are at?
I always wonder what the relationship between a player and agent is like when the agent is one of the main reasons you won’t get a transfer. Not necessarily talking about this transfer but seem to hear this thing quite a lot. Do any superstar players have agents that aren’t greedy?

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
You asked me that it was the first time you heard about this. I mentioned in my post Talksport and others reported the fake news. You may not like Talksport but it is a legally operating sports radio station in Britain.

I also said to you I will post any more links if you want. https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp....mund-after-jadon-sancho-agrees-personal-terms

I dont want Fabrizio to sue me for using his catch phrase. There you go https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....-to-agreeing-personal-terms-on-five-year-deal

And there you go again
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....-agree-Jadon-Sancho-fee-Borussia-Dortmund/amp
And there you go again
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....ms-five-year-contract-worth-340-000-week.html

Whether you like them or not that is a spectrum of the British media. And they reported fake news that you never heard of. I am just bringing it to your attention that they reported it and I did not make up the story. That was my point. Happy Sancho Day.
I just found it funny that you moaned about the fake media, then went on to tell me there are other places outside of the caf, that are indeed fake media. The fact I hadn't heard that complete made up fact about a deal being agreed & Sancho earning 310k is because I don't listen to or watch complete shite, that's all. And for the record, I didn't ask you anything.

Last edited:

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
It's interesting to see the Undertakers have all gone quiet slating us muppets with "It's dead, move on".
The way I see it is, just because we aren't getting drip fed information, doesn't mean it's off.

Chief123

The way I see it is, just because we aren't getting drip fed information, doesn't mean it's off.
It was never off. It was only ever going to be off if Utd came out and said they are looking elsewhere or if Sancho came out and said he's staying for another year at least. Neither have happened.

We have always been sluggish with transfers. VDB was abormal. People losing their shit with over a month of the window left.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
It was never off. It was only ever going to be off if Utd came out and said they are looking elsewhere or if Sancho came out and said he's staying for another year at least. Neither have happened.

We have always been sluggish with transfers. VDB was abormal. People losing their shit with over a month of the window left.
Exactly.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
When the van de Beek stories were ramping up a few days ago, the United-linked journalists were only talking about how we just monitored him. It was Romano, however, who was talking about contacts with his agents and the club. The likes of Stone, Whitwell, Peach, and Luckhurst weren't even mentioning that.

I think the club wants any bit of news on our active negotiations to remain quiet, which would explain why they'd go against what Romano and Falk mentioned. They'd only want info to be revealed if there was confidence in the deal getting completed. Just because personal terms were agreed didn't necessarily mean that we'd get the deal over the line. However, it did mean that we were making good progress on the transfer.
The problem is that even the reliable journo from Dortmund hasn't backed up Falk or Romano. Romano has gone in balls deep on this and is looking a little silly right now. He said we were in advanced negotiations with Dortmund but even the BVB fans like @do.ob laughed him off.

There was a time Di Marzio was the Godfather on here and now even he's seen as not being reliable. I think Romano is now following a similar trajectory.

RUCK4444

It's interesting to see the Undertakers have all gone quiet slating us muppets with "It's dead, move on".
Like we’ve been saying for weeks, it’s not over until we brief the media that it’s over.

Whether you agree with what Sky have put out this afternoon or not, it’s another opportunity the club had to shut it down and they haven’t.

Status
Not open for further replies.