Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red&Black

Supports
Milan
outsider here...

sancho at utd just feels "right"... likely next summer by the looks of it today if i were guessing.

that all said, and i know offensive players always have a cost premium... but when guys like vdb and tonali, who are the "sancho's" of the midfield, go around the 35-40m mark... i just dont think 120m is realistic or advisable in these times. you can get 2-3 excellent upgrades for that price if done properly.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
I did get more information, transfermarkt a German based website owned by Axel Springer..

Look I get it, you are a Leverkusen fan, I don't really need to expand on that.
Given your posts in this thread, it's better you never expand anything at all in the future. That's Brexit levels of delusion.

RUCK4444

People slating him for having an off game where the entire England team looked well off the pace.

Just look at his numbers instead of trying to form an opinion in one game you’ve watched during the off-season.

Chief123

Idiots because they use actual full game evidence (as opposed to favourable YouTube edits) to form an opinion?
So you’ve chosen this game as your “full game” evidence to come to the conclusion?
And Mbappe is crap too for his final performance?

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
:lol:
What the hell are you even on about. You seem a bit of a unstable crybaby
I'm just easily annoyed when I encounter people with cognitive dissonances. Grinds my gears, no matter the topic.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
People slating him for having an off game where the entire England team looked well off the pace.

Just look at his numbers instead of trying to form an opinion in one game you’ve watched during the off-season.
Mkhitaryan had similar if not better numbers before we bought him.

:angel:

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
So you’ve chosen this game as your “full game” evidence to come to the conclusion?
And Mbappe is crap too for his final performance?
Nope. I’m saying he was terrible today for a player supposedly worth £100+m.
Such players shouldn’t have this bottom level of performance. Ditto Mbappe.

RepardReece

Find it hilarious how people on this thread are calling him average after one England game.

0le

It is worth pointing out that this was effectively a pre-season game.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
I only watched the first 30 minutes and he was comfortably the best player on the pitch. So comfortable on the ball and set up an absolute sitter for Rice. What did he do wrong in the remaining 40 minutes he was on to make him a useless waste of money!? :lol:

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
You're delusional.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
It must be a chore looking into the mirror everyday than
How quick-witted. You remind me of my 5 year old niece, only that she has a better understanding of facts and opinions than. Oh, and her English spelling is probably also better than yours and she's German.

RepardReece

Mkhitaryan had similar if not better numbers before we bought him.

:angel:
Mkhi was also a lot older and basically had one good season at Dortmund. Sancho has had numerous good seasons at Dortmund and he's still very young.

Even Messi and Ronaldo have terrible performances, what are you chatting? How can you ever expect for a player of even the best quality to not have an off game?

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Even Messi and Ronaldo have terrible performances, what are you chatting? How can you ever expect for a player of even the best quality to not have an off game?
Im saying I’m bored senseless with this transfer saga and we need to keep padding it with useless posts if we are ever to get to 1000 pages :lol:

starman

How quick-witted. You remind me of my 5 year old niece, only that she has a better understanding of facts and opinions than you do.
The issue is you are unable to distinguish the difference between opinions and facts, as I said you seem to believe you are a authority. :houllier:
Again, other ironic thing you bring up...

RepardReece

Im saying I’m bored senseless with this transfer saga and we need to keep padding it with useless posts if we are ever to get to 1000 pages :lol:
Think everyone's a bit fed up of this saga at this point. It'll happen, just dragging.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
No it's not. It's just saying the fee has addons. 62m plus 8m add-ons is what's is widely being reported
How is it not?

It's exactly what I told you before. Around 70m pounds (fee just above 70m) was the agreement of the initial fees and there is additional adds on which lot of medias don't know what's in the add on (which is why they only mentioned "plus, +, including add-ons"). What we are all know from weeks ago that Bayer wanted 100m euro.

BBC & Ornstein confirmed this.

On the other hand, you provided zero evidence so far for 62m plus 8m add-ons.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
The issue is you are unable to distinguish the difference between opinions and facts, again other ironic thing you bring up...
Obviously. You're the one supporting the "majority opinion" despite the fact (yes, fact) that it was proven wrong by the buying club itself and you're telling me I have issues distinguishing facts and opinions?!

Jesus, this is how political debates with Trump have to feel like. Mental.

starman

How is it not?

It's exactly what I told you before. Around 70m pounds (fee just above 70m) was the agreement of the initial fees and there is adds on that lot of journalist don't know what it is (which is why they only mentioned "plus, +, including add-ons"). What we are all know from weeks ago that Bayer wanted 100m euro.

Iam sure you are capable of Googling it yourself...

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Iam sure you are capable of Googling it yourself...
Don't waste people time if that's your purpose. Two article/tweet (BBC & Ornstein) that I got from google itself don't say anything about 62m plus 8m add-ons.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW

All top players have off days ffs.

I’m guessing that to you Brazilian Ronaldo was shit because he went missing in a World Cup final? The same for Zidane?

The reason the likes of Sancho and Mbappe are £100+m is because of the consistently brilliant performances they have put in.

Give your head a wobble mate.

starman

Obviously. You're the one supporting the "majority opinion" despite the fact (yes, fact) that it was proven wrong by the buying club itself and you're telling me I have issues distinguishing facts and opinions?!

Jesus, this is how political debates with Trump have to feel like. Mental.
Honestly you seem a bit unhinged, this is a fecking transfer thread, yet you have brought up Brexit and now Trump, bloody weirdo :houllier:

Glorio

How is it not?

It's exactly what I told you before. Around 70m pounds (fee just above 70m) was the agreement of the initial fees and there is additional adds on which lot of medias don't know what's in the add on (which is why they only mentioned "plus, +, including add-ons"). What we are all know from weeks ago that Bayer wanted 100m euro.

You've got to say this is quite conclusive @starman. Especially considering he's just quoted your own named source, and he's obviously saying 70M PLUS add-ons

Ace of Spades

I think the 120m in these uncertain times seems such a big gamble. He is a big talent, but I was hoping prices would have dropped to more sane levels because of the current problems.

We could get Thiago, Reguilon, a CB and maybe a decent winger for the price of one Sancho.

Not surprised that we are dragging our feet, we also haven't offloaded as many players as we hoped and everything seems a bit slow moving.

Chief123

Such players shouldn’t have this bottom level of performance.
But if we are honest, every player was pretty bad today. It’s the typical England disjointed performance.

We all know Kane, Sterling, Foden have more ability than they showed today. But everyone is giving Sancho a hard time rather than looking at the circumstances.

My frustration is just with the knee jerk reactions by a lot of members here. I am a football fan and watch a lot of football outside of Utd. I've watched quite a lot of Dortmund games simply because of my interest in Sancho. I've seen enough of him to know he can be a super star for us and that is no exaggeration. What we saw today was nowhere near his usual performance.

Playing against an international team who literally play the whole team behind the ball is incredibly difficult to break down with very little space to operate. A true assessment of a player is over at least a season. Sancho has been doing this for 3 seasons now.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Honestly you seem a bit unhinged, this is a fecking transfer thread, yet you have brought up Brexit and now Trump, bloody weirdo :houllier:
I'd bring them up even if we were discussing fish'n'chips because your "debating" style is identical to those train wrecks of politicians.

Status
Not open for further replies.