Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Linking to the supposed bonuses Sancho will get from his current contract, my conspiracy theory is that we're briefing there's an issue with us agreeing agent fees/wages with Sancho as to stall so he can collect his bonuses, once he's got them we'll suddenly brief we've agreed terms and submit a bid. Obviously a load of nonsense but fun nonsense.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
No it isn't. This is looking at things through a microscope. If tomorrow we sign Coman, a LB and a CB this statement looks silly. Anything can happen while the window is open so there's no point in making sweeping statements until it does.

Also, Dortmund will not get more for Sancho next summer, they know it, we know it, everyone knows it.
I don't know how or why you've come to that assertion as buying superstars (potential or otherwise) is resoundingly more precarious in years where there are majors than when there aren't. Sancho could easily be worth a lot more by next summer's window than he is now with more teams contesting for his signature as opposed to the seemingly clear run of it we have now.

Part of Dortmund's thinking should well be letting their golden egg hatch and if not further consolidate what he is to this point in time, build upon it and become another tier of player entirely, which obviously takes him up a bracket in wage and transfer fee.

If Dortmund believe he is the real deal and a certain superstar of this generation, it makes sense for them to hold onto him until after the Euros unless they are in financial dire straits and have to expedite the sale, which doesn't look to be the case.

Davie Moyes

Could the share price increase be linked to the latest news regarding Utd are looking at being able to get 12,000 fans in the stadium?

FreddieTheReddie

Linking to the supposed bonuses Sancho will get from his current contract, my conspiracy theory is that we're briefing there's an issue with us agreeing agent fees/wages with Sancho as to stall so he can collect his bonuses, once he's got them we'll suddenly brief we've agreed terms and submit a bid. Obviously a load of nonsense but fun nonsense.
Haha that’s what I was thinking yesterday too.

Langers7274

We are not getting Sancho to displaced Greenwood. A lot of people are getting this wrong perception. We are improving our squad depth with quality signings, not just some Brooks. If we sign Brooks, we are going to fight for top 4 again. If we get Sancho, we are aiming for the top, that is the difference.

Totally agree! With little rest between our EL exploits and the start of next season fatigue and team selection will play a major role this season, and now playing in the CL, there's more competitiveness. Since we come out of lockdown, Rashford has looked poor, James looked shot of confidence, by adding someone of Sancho's quality not only allows for greater competition amongst places but for greater rest between games.

El Presidente

Could the share price increase be linked to the latest news regarding Utd are looking at being able to get 12,000 fans in the stadium?
Surprisingly, United are the only publicly traded club in England, to my knowledge. So, there is a chance if this news only applies to the UK.
Truth is, nobody can give a definitive answer on this. Time will tell.

SwedishFish

More repetition from Romano. Hardly a revelation is it, I still think its being worked on and that Jadon will be a United player come the end of the window.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
People wanting the club to cough up 120 millions and whatever agent's fee for Sancho are mad. This is the problem with the Caf and overrating players we are linked to. Sancho is a good player with potential to being great if not world class but in no way is he worth those stupid numbers Dortmund are quoting and if they aren't willing to put in a reasonable price then we should look elsewhere.

Also bringing up Bundesliga numbers to hype players shouldn't be allowed. Bundesliga produce some of the most misleading numbers which never add up to player's actual level. Seen all of Miki etc have ridiculous numbers in the Bundesliga to then utterly fail elsewhere.

Also after watching both England games, Sancho is clearly overrated on these boards. This place has somehow convinced itself that he is world class, generational talent and all the over used words the Caf love throwing around for any existing talent out there. Kid is good with loads to prove and improve, but he isn't 120 million worth, that's just absurd and I command the club for not splashing such ridiculous amount on him. After seeing all these 100+ millions transfers bomb recently, no club should be dumb enough to easily splash that amount.

Dortmund themselves have already fleeced another club(Barca) charging them 100+ for a player who ended up turning into an utter disaster. People ought to learn from history, not ignore it.

If no reasonable price then we move on and we should probably do that by now given the season is about to start and we should be finding a top guy to play on our RW.

Andersons Dietician

Romano coming out and sticking to his guns. He can’t lose basically. If it doesn’t happen he can stick to his story of it was down to United to pay the fee. If we end up getting Sancho he can still say he was right.

Who knows what the truth is. Getting to the point of not even caring anymore.

RUCK4444

Romano coming out and sticking to his guns. He can’t lose basically. If it doesn’t happen he can stick to his story of it was down to United to pay the fee. If we end up getting Sancho he can still say he was right.

Who knows what the truth is. Getting to the point of not even caring anymore.
Got any links / tweets for this?

r0663664

Worships Man City
100 million, we could invest to 3-4 players who have ability to develop further waiting for an opportunity to break into XI. I didn't see both games but based on the review, he was just average. Are we blowing 100 mil for someone who we think will be great? I think it would be someone who is established and currently top 10 player in the world. I would think Greenwood is worth 100mil as well.

Red Comet

It’s crazy how desperate muppets will link share price increase to people getting hold of insider knowledge that Sancho is signing for us.

These investors ain’t Football people. They are money people. If share price increase is due to some insider info, then this insider info is more likely that we have STOPPED our pursuit of Sancho. To the investors it’s $120million saved which wil increase payout.

ShinjiNinja26

He's adamant that personal fees/terms aren't the reason for the hold up and that we have full agreements with Sancho's camp

If that’s the case and he really is “buzzing” to join then I think it’s time he started making some noise and try and force Dortmund’s hand because times starting to run out here.

MDFC Manager

100 million, we could invest to 3-4 players who have ability to develop further waiting for an opportunity to break into XI. I didn't see both games but based on the review, he was just average. Are we blowing 100 mil for someone who we think will be great? I think it would be someone who is established and currently top 10 player in the world. I would think Greenwood is worth 100mil as well.
If you think Greenwood is worth 100 million, Sancho is a bargain at 108 million.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
In a way the answer for why we haven't moved quicker on this might be the massive size of this thread. Now think about how many clicks that generates. The longer this drags on the more advertising money etc there is to be made.

When he actually does sign - it ll be about a week before all that fizzles out to a large extent. Not to mention the money United is saving on wages in the meantime.

CG1010

They could probably get by in theory, but if they have the faintest glimmer of ambition beyond just making top4 then they would need to sign a star wide player.
Interesting.. thanks. And do you see Dortmund having a chance to win the title even with Sancho? Bayern do look unbeatable at the moment..

Andersons Dietician

Got any links / tweets for this?
It’s from his new podcast called “Here we go” it’s behind a paywall. It’s exactly what he said a month ago.
Players wages/ agent fees are not a problem it’s simply between United and Dortmund agreeing a fee. Dortmund are dead set on 120 million Euros.

like I said though, he could be speaking bull as he can’t lose from this position. Either way he can claim he was correct.

pacifictheme

Right, take this with a pinch of salt, but I was just doing the school run and I saw a red ferrari with the number plate S7NCHO driving down the road.

I live in mid Devon though but I feel its a sign.

Shark

@NotShark
If you think Greenwood is worth 100 million, Sancho is a bargain at 108 million.
In fairness though, there's been more than a handful of players that put in incredible numbers in Germany only to come to England and not replicate it. Greenwood has had a phenomenal season for an 18 year old, scoring goals against PL teams and in the Europa. Not saying Sancho isn't the real deal but Greenwood is a ridiculous talent also.

CG1010

In that case I can see Dortmund creating trouble for Sancho by refusing to accept the 120 million fee and potentially refusing to pay the bonus as he is still wanting to leave. But again probably all nonsense anyways.

CG1010

I agree.. I would price Rashford and Martial in the range of 80-100 million (if they were hell bent on leaving). And Sancho has better output than them (though in a more attacking team so I am expecting that to drop when he joins us) and is younger. So 120 million is absolutely a fair price

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
I still find it interesting Sancho at Dortmund is #7 and his Twitter and Instagram he has (JS7) is he doing that to try build a brand like CR7?

United he would have a lot more credibility to use JS7

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
I still find it interesting Sancho at Dortmund is #7 and his Twitter and Instagram he has (JS7) is he doing that to try build a brand like CR7?

United he would have a lot more credibility to use JS7
Romano says he wants to come here, so you may be very right on this one.

I remember endless speculations about Pogba's marketing model in a window he came to us... it pretty much absorbed majority of his transfer saga.

Swarm

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
In that case I can see Dortmund creating trouble for Sancho by refusing to accept the 120 million fee and potentially refusing to pay the bonus as he is still wanting to leave. But again probably all nonsense anyways.
Why would they refuse to pay Sancho his bonuses? Simply add it to the asking price for United if such a thing even exists these days.

red thru&thru

I'm not too sure why people keep asking these journo's the same question. Clearly there is nothing new. If there were, they would reveal it on their own social media.

Only new bit of infor on Sancho was by McGary and Castle's yesterday about the bonuses.

RUCK4444

It’s from his new podcast called “Here we go” it’s behind a paywall. It’s exactly what he said a month ago.
Players wages/ agent fees are not a problem it’s simply between United and Dortmund agreeing a fee. Dortmund are dead set on 120 million Euros.

like I said though, he could be speaking bull as he can’t lose from this position. Either way he can claim he was correct.
Sounds about right for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.