Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Was excited by the title until I read that tweet above saying the fee for the transfer still needs sorting :lol:

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
There are only 3 financial transactions involved: BVB fee, player wage and agency fee. If this is true, then suggests we have we have been doing nothing except brinksmanship for 4 weeks.

Perhaps BVB are now willing to compromise? Or have we decided to pay their full demand?
Time is just as important in deals as this as money is. Giving them (BVB, Sancho and his Agent) a month to think as the deadline gets closer can ultimately be just as persuasive if not more persuasive as desperate discussion and incremental bidding.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Promising news. This will no doubt drag on a few weeks yet though.

passing-wind

The story about the bonus payment and rise in stock price seems to hold some credibility now. Ironic how this agent/sancho "breakthrough" has suddenly happened after Sancho has fulfilled the bonus payment criteria with England. Utd maybe respected his agents request to hold fire.
I think this is the most credible and authentic circumstance. It also backs the stance that Romano mentioned the personal terms / agent fee being agreed a long time ago. Sancho needing that England cap to secure his bonus. The agent asks the club to postpone bidding as a PR element to likely not be seen as using Dortmund during negotiations.

Adcuth

This will be done within 7 days from today. Can tell there has been an official brief by the club the way the last updates have gone out. Not buying the bonus stuff, was more likely waiting for after the international break. Probably why Jadon only played 60mins yesterday. Might have even been waiting on outgoings moving along before sending the official bid i.e. Smalling is pretty much a done deal. Bid will be sent by Sunday and he'll be going for a medical by Tuesday latest. Could even quarantine from now until the medical if there are rules needed to be abided by. Get a 7 day quarantine after the international break and head to England.

Rooney1987

We'll probably get a German side of this later to counter the UK press, probably won't be a positive. How these transfers always go. He won't be sold and all that.

No Love

I’m going to pop to the shop. Should be half an hour, tops. His medical best be scheduled by the time I get back.

Baxter

Be interesting to see if he is in the Dortmund squad on Monday.

If he’s not, I reckon it’s imminent.

Leonzo1

Finally some good news! I'm loving the confidence around here but why are people so sure we'll agree a fee? The personal terms and the transfer fee are completely different deals. People saying we wouldn't have gone through the trouble of negotiating with Sancho unless we were confident of agreeing a deal with Dortmund? Based on what? It's a hurdle race, the fact we successfuly passed the first one has no indication on the next.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
German press will come out with a flurry of stories soon about how this isn’t close. I don’t think it is close. I’ve said all along this is a final week job and it will drag onto then I reckon.

Let’s hope Germany gets added to the quarantine list tomorrow so we can rush it through before it comes into effect :lol:

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
We'll probably get a German side of this later to counter the UK press, probably won't be a positive. How these transfers always go. He won't be sold and all that.
Jan us already thinking up a negative tweet to destroy all our hopes and dreams as we speak...
You know for a fact he'll be chomping at the bit to piss on our chips at the earliest opportunity

GiddyUp

After this is done Borrusia Dortmund need to have a hard look at themselves, they certainly haven't covered themselves in glory. Also, asking for the full whack this year of all years is unacceptable.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
The reason why Romano didn't say anything yesterday is because he was briefed and all journalists had a NDA (briefed to release all at the same time)?

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
After this is done Borrusia Dortmund need to have a hard look at themselves, they certainly haven't covered themselves in glory. Also, asking for the full whack this year of all years is unacceptable.
Why? They want to keep the player so if any clubs want him they can ask for whatever they want.

CG1010

Too premature to say this. According to United (or rather their brief) we are only now agreeing personal terms with Sancho. Whatever was the cause of the delay, how do we blame Dortmund for this?

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Dortmund have no obligation to sell a player for less than their value just because of Covid

Seven Seas Sardines

I think this is the most credible and authentic circumstance. It also backs the stance that Romano mentioned the personal terms / agent fee being agreed a long time ago. Sancho needing that England cap to secure his bonus. The agent asks the club to postpone bidding as a PR element to likely not be seen as using Dortmund during negotiations.
Seems agent Rashy took one for the team!

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
There are only 3 financial transactions involved: BVB fee, player wage and agency fee. If this is true, then suggests we have we have been doing nothing except brinksmanship for 4 weeks.

Perhaps BVB are now willing to compromise? Or have we decided to pay their full demand?
It's very interesting that all this came out the day after Sancho apparently triggered a 1.5m euro clause in his Dortmund contract. Possibly more in fact, as the first report I read seemed to indicate it was 1.5m for staying 12 months since he signed the contract and then a further bonus for his England appearances, but it may have just been 1.5m in total.

Kind of seems like we were waiting for that to be triggered before going back in. Which does ultimately work for both ourselves and Sancho. We save over 1m in wages by getting him five weeks later than their 'deadline', he actually gets more of a pre-season than any of our players, and he gets those extra bonuses from Dortmund. Meanwhile Dortmund end up having to pay Sancho over 2m more (between his wages and the bonuses) and look a bit silly with the 'deadline'.

Of course we run the risk of them now sticking to that deadline and refusing to sell even if we offer the 120m, so we'd only do it if we were confident that the time doesn't matter.

TheMod

Watching Sky Sports News

- We didn't overpay on wages or agent fees - we wouldn't because of Covid-19
- Price will reduce if Sancho asks for it/puts pressure on Dortmund after we put in an offer
- Dortmund want £108m, Covid-19 prices have dropped up to 30% (leader of club association said yday), we should be paying £72m
- Dortmund stating no Covid-19 Discount
- Sky reckon we have to pay £108m

That's basically the summary

Status
Not open for further replies.