Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superunknown

This feels like a little bump in the road. We'll agree to eventually pay what Dortmund want, but we'll try it on beforehand. Dortmund need an incentive to move the player on, as he's been nothing but great for them. They're not desperate to offload him and won't want to lose out on potentially big money, especially in this financial climate.

LoneStar

250K a week, even for a talent like Sancho is a lot of money...

I hope a lot of it is based on performance and appearances.

Also anyone know how much players like Mane, Salah, Pulisic, Werner (for Chelsea) are earning? It feels like we always offer 200K+ for our stars while others get away with less.

Judas

Open to offers
People having a proper breakdown over the usual British suspects putting out a standard brief that the club do time and time again is a new low for this thread.

croadyman

How are people comparing this to the Dybala non saga?! The lad was being dragged towards us literally kicking and screaming, and Sancho has been flirting with us for years.
Yeah it's hilarious that people are comparing these deals

ChaddyP

Calm your jets it always happens before the transfer is completed. Just look back to our last two deals for proof.
You calm your titts . I know it's happening I'm much more of a muppet than you. It's why I called it non sense :cool:

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Once this transfer is official I will be quoting you non stop.
Why? I said we'd not pay stupid money for him. Maybe I was right all along and the only way we get him is if Dortmund are more realistic.

Paying 108m for one player in the middle of global pandemic where we've lost over 100m in revenue and you lot don't think there's a slight possibility I might be right?

If I'm wrong I will glady hold my hands because I think he's a fabulous talent. I just didn't think it was possible in this climate at those prices.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Flashback to January:

It's all a part of negotiations fellow muppets
And last summer

It's all part of the PR battle that happens anytime we're trying to sign a teams best player
Yet, we ended up paying £58m for Bruno and £80m for Maguire.

We only ended up wasting time on these deals, end result was meeting the quoted price all along, incompetence doesn’t even begin to cover it.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Yeah, our track record on holding out for a better price with big Ed isn't exactly stellar. See Fellaini. Lukaku. Pogba. Maguire. Fernandes.

BVB are well sensible to just wait for Ed to cave. Knowing him, it'llbe sometime in October, once we're 15th in the league.

Superunknown

This is pretty much it for me.

I think the way we have conducted previous transfers has come back to haunt us a little. We end up paying the price in the end, so sometimes there's no point drawing it out. I expect us to be smart with this and get a bid accepted by the end of this week or start of next.

Matriac

I'm so glad that caf-members aren't involved in our negotiations. :lol:

You gotta have a little ice in your belly, and talk the talk.

Rolaholic

We only ended up wasting time on these deals, end result was meeting the quoted price all along, incompetence doesn’t even begin to cover it.
Yea personally I don't get it but it seems to be the way we do business for whatever reason :lol:

Genuinely not worried as the pattern has been clear to see for years but it really is nonsensical and a waste of everyone's time...

Judas

Open to offers
If it got to the end of September and it wasn't done, then it can be called a drawn out saga. It's August 4th for heavens sake, the windows barely been open.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
It’s exceptionally odd that we’re briefing that Sancho is asking for too much money.
This is what I thought. If it was a briefing on the fee then people on here would have a point that it's United tricks to get better fee.

Why would we brief that the wage demands are too much? That doesn't make much sense to me either.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
For starters he needs to explain why he isn't invited into Woodward's briefing whatsapp group. So much for tier 1.
Didnt he already warn this morning to ignore the negative news. He obviously knew it was coming.

VanGaalEra

Poor Jan, he probably doesn’t know whether to tweet that it’s still on or it’s now off.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.

We were quoted 90m by Leicester initially but yes we were taken to cleaners for Maguire.

For Bruno we got the fee down from 80m to 58m.

Status
Not open for further replies.