Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He's had a calf problem, they've been increasing his minutes in the past 2 games, nothing to see here.
I didn’t say there was anything suspicious. Simply from the context of him having been injured alone, he has been fit enough to feature in two games in a row now, and they now play the most important game of the season. They should be starting him, there’s possibly no season left for them after today.

pascell

I didn’t say there was anything suspicious. Simply from the context of him having been injured alone, he has been fit enough to feature in two games in a row now, and they now play the most important game of the season. They should be starting him, there’s possibly no season left for them after today.
But he isn't match fit or as fit as the other players, why take the risk him in such a big game? If he had a reoccurrence then I'm sure everyone would wonder why they took the chance, or he might have a poor performance due to not being fully fit. Plus, the other players have played brilliantly anyway.

He also only featured as they had both games won comfortably and they need to boost his fitness, he only played 15 minutes in the 1st game and 25 minutes in the last.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
But he isn't match fit or as fit as the other players, why take the risk him in such a big game? If he had a reoccurrence then I'm sure everyone would wonder why they took the chance, or he might have a poor performance due to not being fully fit. Plus, the other players have played brilliantly anyway.

He also only featured as they had both games won comfortably and they need to boost his fitness, he only played 15 minutes in the 1st game and 25 minutes in the last.
The why is for the reasons I’ve already stated. He’s better than those playing ahead of him, and this game is more difficult m, and important, that the last two.

He’s fit enough to play half an hour a few days ago, and contribute impressively, so he should be playing today for me.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Think he’ll have a fight on his hands to even establish himself in the England team to be honest, although I’m sure it would be a good fight.

3 doesn’t go into 2, and Rashford, Sterling and Sancho are all battling for two spots. All are still young players too, so none will be planning to let up any time soon. Just a few months ago, Sancho seemed to be battling Hudson-Odoi to even be next in line.
Well, David Silva struggled to get into the Spanish NT so if it's down to his competition being world beaters too, then it's fine (especially when one is our own). But i think he's better or will be, on the right than either Rashford (who is average there) or Sterling (who prefers the left anyway). It's more about settling it and gelling with your team mates. Some players shine at the NT for these reasons and some don't.

Righteous Steps

Think he’ll have a fight on his hands to even establish himself in the England team to be honest, although I’m sure it would be a good fight.

3 doesn’t go into 2, and Rashford, Sterling and Sancho are all battling for two spots. All are still young players too, so none will be planning to let up any time soon. Just a few months ago, Sancho seemed to be battling Hudson-Odoi to even be next in line.
Eventually i don't think so, Sancho for me is the only B'allon D'or level talent out of the 3, i think all will be world class like Sterling is, but Sancho has an extra level in him to truly be the best player on the planet, the other two don't imo.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Eventually i don't think so, Sancho for me is the only B'allon D'or level talent out of the 3, i think all will be world class like Sterling is, but Sancho has an extra level in him to truly be the best player on the planet, the other two don't imo.
I’m not so sure on that. I think Rashford equally has it in his locker to be word class and hit some great heights. I actually think Sterling is most at risk in the England squad. I still don’t think he’s that special is massively benefits from playing in an elite team.

pascell

The why is for the reasons I’ve already stated. He’s better than those playing ahead of him, and this game is more difficult m, and important, that the last two.

He’s fit enough to play half an hour a few days ago, and contribute impressively, so he should be playing today for me.
But he isn't fitter, there's a huge difference, we know he's much better than Thorgan Hazard but he's not fitted than him as it stands. Think his performance today shows why he shouldn't have started, its clearly evident he's not fully fit, nor fully sharp.

A footballer returning from injury doesn't go from 25 minutes of football a few days ago to 90 minutes, that's just asking for a reoccurrence of the injury.

Andersonson

Poor today, but maybe not 100% fit. Great technical ability, but needs to mature in his play of course. Jogging back home when coming on after 45min is a bad sign though

Righteous Steps

I’m not so sure on that. I think Rashford equally has it in his locker to be word class and hit some great heights. I actually think Sterling is most at risk in the England squad. I still don’t think he’s that special is massively benefits from playing in an elite team.
Rashford can hit great heights, but i'm talking best player in the world heights, not just world class like Sterling Kane or Mane is, i mean a player capable having the season Ronaldo had in 07/08 Suarez in 13/14 or Henry 03/04 a couple times over, i don't think Sterling or Rashford have that in their locker but i think Sancho does, more tilted to making more assists than goals as well...

Why i think this? Well out of the three Sancho is easily the best player technically, at 19-20 he has outperformed every other player in his age range apart from one Mbappe, and while Rashford and especially Sterling at 19-20 were two of the top percentile of players in their age range neither have done it in the fashion Sancho has, Sancho statistically is outperforming players in their prime 25+ at the age of 19, he is rare even in regards to wonderkids.

The one limitation he has is his pace, but he seems to supplement it by having an incredible iq and technique comparable with any great of the past.

Thought he was fine, a few lovely touches and switches of play but still clearly unfit which is disappointing given he's been back in training for more than three weeks. No real penetration though, but Dortmund as a whole looked toothless and dead on their feet after Haaland went off.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
He’s still way off fitness-wise but showed some glimpses of his fleet-footedness. He’d be electric on the right for United and would no doubt form a great attack with our current options. I think we should prioritise his signing this summer, no question.

RyRoc

Reminded me a bit of Oxlade Chamberlain today - he's clearly very skillful but decision making was off and passing far too loose , dare I say he looks a tad overweight as well?

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
He's definitely slower and tubbier than he should be. Think his top-end pace is some way off what it usually is at the moment, whether that's the supposed calf issue, him not going all out or the weight, remains to be seen.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Overrated and a fatty. Do not want. Would rather King.

arnie_ni

If we can pull off Werner and Sancho in this window, we would have our attack sorted for the next decade.

ST - Martial/ Werner/ Greenwood
LW - Rashford/ Martial/ James
RW - Sancho/ James/ Greenwood

6 players to fill 3 positions is more than enough backup
First 11 (Rashford - Werner - Sancho)
Werner? Where is that coming from?

If he goes anywhere itl be liverpool

arnie_ni

He's def a tad overweight at the mo. The sun had a pic when he returned to training and he had a belly.

Edit for a footballer....

Its nothing id worry about. It was such extraordinary circumstances

RUCK4444

He's def a tad overweight at the mo. The sun had a pic when he returned to training and he had a belly.

Its nothing id worry about. It was such extraordinary circumstances
If you class a buy one get one free offer on burgers extraordinary circumstances then fair enough :)

Bondi77

Seems either they're giving him the cold shoulder treatment for wanting to leave this summer, or he returned very unfit and they don't think he can last 90 minutes.

I'd say the former is most likely.
If he wants to leave then we should get him on the cheap then

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
But he isn't fitter, there's a huge difference, we know he's much better than Thorgan Hazard but he's not fitted than him as it stands. Think his performance today shows why he shouldn't have started, its clearly evident he's not fully fit, nor fully sharp.

A footballer returning from injury doesn't go from 25 minutes of football a few days ago to 90 minutes, that's just asking for a reoccurrence of the injury.
Him starting and him playing 90 are quite different. I think the outcome shows that he should have started. They had to win, and now it’s all over for them. In such circumstances, you play your best players if you can. Given Sancho is not ‘injured’ to the point where he wasn’t prohibited from featuring in their last two games, I think he had to start today personally. It’s been done over and over in football. Rooney starting against Bayern, Ronaldo against France, Kane against Liverpool and many more. This was effectively a title decider, and Sancho’s situation wasn’t as bad as any of those, he played in the last game!

kirk buttercup

He looked ordinary today , he is a far better player than that and every team in the world knows that. Tbh I thought Dortmund were worse when he came on today .

Last edited:

davidmichael

If we keep Pogba then I’d be very happy if Sancho was the only piece of business we did coming into the club. If we get rid of Smalling, Rojo and one of Lingard or Pereira then that’s £30+ million towards signing Sancho not to mention maybe a few extra million with fringe reserve players too.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Him starting and him playing 90 are quite different. I think the outcome shows that he should have started. They had to win, and now it’s all over for them. In such circumstances, you play your best players if you can. Given Sancho is not ‘injured’ to the point where he wasn’t prohibited from featuring in their last two games, I think he had to start today personally. It’s been done over and over in football. Rooney starting against Bayern, Ronaldo against France, Kane against Liverpool and many more. This was effectively a title decider, and Sancho’s situation wasn’t as bad as any of those, he played in the last game!
In his current condition, a full game might be beyond him. He doesn't look fit, and I'm not thinking injury when I say that. That timber he's carrying is not conducive to the type of football he plays with the need for perpetual movement and his usual, solid middle-distance running.

kirk buttercup

In his current condition, a full game might be beyond him. He doesn't look fit, and I'm not thinking injury when I say that. That timber he's carrying is not conducive to the type of football he plays with the need for perpetual movement and his usual, solid middle-distance running.
Memphis made a similiar mistake if I remember correctly beefing up

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Thought he was fine, a few lovely touches and switches of play but still clearly unfit which is disappointing given he's been back in training for more than three weeks. No real penetration though, but Dortmund as a whole looked toothless and dead on their feet after Haaland went off.
Absolute piss today. Don't know if he wasn't fully fit but just nothing from him.
Which is it?

SpyLuke10

If we keep Pogba then I’d be very happy if Sancho was the only piece of business we did coming into the club. If we get rid of Smalling, Rojo and one of Lingard or Pereira then that’s £30+ million towards signing Sancho not to mention maybe a few extra million with fringe reserve players too.
KEEP: Pogba.
IN: Sancho; Bellingham.
OUT: Smalling; Rojo; Lingard; Sanchez (please).
???: Jones, Pereira, Gomes.

edcunited1878

A lot overreaction again today based off of one performance and probably from people who haven't seen much of him. Considering the circumstances, he wasn't the best, but neither was his team or teammates. Bayern defend very well and didn't let Dortmund get behind them or stretch their defense. Once Haaland came off, Dortmund didn't have a focal point in attack or at least a threatening focal point because Haaland was completely marked out of the game and didn't contribute well without the ball/service.

Some good touches and deft dribbles to give himself time/space, but nothing was beating that Bayern defense today. Sancho was singled out, but Hazard, Gotze, and Reyna were worse for Dortmund.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
He just needs to get in shape, he's clearly not fit. None of that concerns me in the slightest, but if it takes a few millions off his value, so be it. :p

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Which is it?
I was disappointed because he came on for Brandt, who had a good first half and Sancho in replacement didn't do nearly what Brandt did. I was already angry when I saw Brandt coming off and Sancho's performance didn't do much to eleveate that. I think Dortmund lost the moment Brandt went off because Sancho, as good as he is, can't do what Brandt does. Brandt controlled possession and opened spaces for moving all over the pitch, Sancho and Brandt together would've made much more sense.

davidmichael

KEEP: Pogba.
IN: Sancho; Bellingham.
OUT: Smalling; Rojo; Lingard; Sanchez (please).
???: Jones, Pereira, Gomes.
I’d love for us to get rid of Sanchez in whatever way possible without us paying him but I just don’t see it happening in the current climate as no one can afford his wages but in an ideal situation we’d get rid of Sanchez as well as Jones, Smalling, Rojo and Pereira and a few fringe reserves like Fosu-Mensah, Joel Pereira and Borthwick-Jackson and if we got rid of that entire group we could bring in around £50 million and not far off £1 million a week in wages.

I’ve seen in a few places that Bellingham is still on a youth contract at Birmingham as he's only 16 so we could get him for less than £2 million if true but if it’s a case of choosing between Sancho or Bellingham then it’s Sancho all day long then go for Bellingham next year when he’s had another year to develop.

Status
Not open for further replies.