Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

beingshe7don

Our best possible option to get Sancho is this summer as I can see other clubs sniffing next season. Right now, most clubs do not want to spend the money. 100m is a lot of money and Sancho is no doubt a player with the world at his feet. It's a huge dilemma for Ole to take as he could use that sort of money and strengthen 2 possible positions with players with the Bruno caliber instead of having one superstar (Balon' D'or winning potential) player. Ferran Torres is the same age and will cost us 40m and possibly add Van De Beek (35 - 40m). I feel like Grealish is joining City, especially with the Sane sale. Although, I do feel that City should be looking at CBs as they are heavily reliant on Laporte.

croadyman

Sane is not comparable to Sancho though.

There are many factors you need to calculate in.

- Sane has only 1 year left on his contract - Sancho 2.
- Sane comes through a huge injury (no one knows if he comes back as good as he was yet, so it's a risk)
- Sane has lost a full year - Sancho has played almost the full season.
- Bayern is not known for paying huge fees - United is.
- City is not a selling club (they don't need money) - BVB is.
- Sancho is younger than Sane
- Sane only wanted to join Bayern since last summer
- There were no rumours of other teams competing for Sane (because he made his definite decision?)
etc.

And i don't think that BVB is as desperate due to the corona virus that they will sell Sancho for 50m. Never.
The question is: What is Sancho thinking? Will he push hard for a move? Does he only want to join United? Could he stay? Could he move elsewhere? etc.
Took absolutely no notice of this story as I saw it all before with Maguire last summer a
Our best possible option to get Sancho is this summer as I can see other clubs sniffing next season. Right now, most clubs do not want to spend the money. 100m is a lot of money and Sancho is no doubt a player with the world at his feet. It's a huge dilemma for Ole to take as he could use that sort of money and strengthen 2 possible positions with players with the Bruno caliber instead of having one superstar (Balon' D'or winning potential) player. Ferran Torres is the same age and will cost us 40m and possibly add Van De Beek (35 - 40m). I feel like Grealish is joining City, especially with the Sane sale. Although, I do feel that City should be looking at CBs as they are heavily reliant on Laporte.
We need to get some squad players out first in order to sign Grealish and ideally for City's ban to get reduced to one year as just cannot see the two year ban being upheld. The worst case scenario being that it gets overturned completely and then it could be tough to sign him ahead of them.

One thing that could still work in our favour is the response he got from our crowd for that brilliant goal at the Stretford end in December and am sure I have read somewhere that we have been keeping track of his progress since he broke into the Villa team around five years ago.

Andersons Dietician

If only Dortmund wanted one of our players as a makeweight in the deal. @BenitoSTARR Those stats are good to have in here as I don't think most are that aware Sancho can plas an AM, he basically would give us a high quality option in all 3 positions behind the #9.
Weren’t there reports that they wanted Greenwood as a make-weight. Might have been last summer or just something that popped up during the season.

Andersons Dietician

We’ve had this yesterday mate :wenger:

United Transfer Negotiation Policy
  1. Think about thinking about a player
  2. Think about a player
  3. Think about thinking about making an offer for the player you’ve been thinking about.
  4. Think about making an offer for the player you’ve been thinking about.
  5. Think about thinking about making people/media aware that you were thinking about making an offer for the player you were thinking about
  6. Think about making people/media aware that you were thinking about making an offer for the player you were thinking about.
  7. Think about thinking about a fair fee to offer for the player you were thinking about
  8. Think about a fair fee to offer for the player you were thinking about
  9. Think about thinking about halving that fee
  10. Think about halving that fee
  11. Halve that fee
  12. Think about thinking about offering the half price fee
  13. Think about offering the half price fee
  14. Offer the half price fee
  15. Get rejected
  16. Get quoted full price
  17. Think about thinking about offering a higher new fee
  18. Think about offering a new higher fee
  19. Wait two weeks
  20. Offer new higher fee
  21. Get rejected
  22. Get quoted full price
  23. Rinse and repeat steps 17-22 until full price is met at the end of the transfer window or you buy Fellaini.
I’m disappointed that there is no “preparing bid” in this.

Rolaholic

If anyone needed convincing.
Yea we go through this same song and dance literally every window for the past 5-6 years :lol:

We'll brief that we're not willing to be bullied on valuations early only to end up meeting halfway or paying up the near selling club's full valuation by the end of the window or further down the road...

All this tells me is that we're actually trying to make this happen which is exciting. I also don't think we'll come to regret having 4 top young forward talents under 25, 3 of them English, for the next 5 years+ even if we do cough up near 100m

Devil may care

Weren’t there reports that they wanted Greenwood as a make-weight. Might have been last summer or just something that popped up during the season.
Can't say I've heard that mate, if it was true then they'd be laughed out of the meeting by United, and I doubt any United fan would have a bar of that deal, I think Sancho is a supreme talent, but Greenwood can be just as good if not better, we want both, not either/or IMO.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
I think you’re looking too much into this. There’s plenty of good reasons why a clubs most valuable and marketable asset wouldn’t appear in their promotions for next seasons kit. It could be a contract issue.

Feck that I’m in full muppet mode right now! HEREWEGO!
Yes white text!!!

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Yea we go through this same song and dance literally every window for the past 5-6 years :lol:

We'll brief that we're not willing to be bullied on valuations early only to end up meeting halfway or paying up the near selling club's full valuation by the end of the window or further down the road...

All this tells me is that we're actually trying to make this happen which is exciting. I also don't think we'll come to regret having 4 top young forward talents under 25, 3 of them English, for the next 5 years+ even if we do cough up near 100m
We didn't even brief we weren't going to be bullied, Sky just made up that were only gonna pay £50m.

Andersons Dietician

Can't say I've heard that mate, if it was true then they'd be laughed out of the meeting by United, and I doubt any United fan would have a bar of that deal, I think Sancho is a supreme talent, but Greenwood can be just as good if not better, we want both, not either/or IMO.
I’m sure the 2nd part of the story was they were told there is no chance.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Funny that.

Said many times Sancho and Pep fell out! He's a red already lads.

Adnan

Talent Spotter

Get in
According to Andy Brassel who is a European football correspondent that appears on ESPN. He said that before Sancho left City, Bayern asked Guardiola to give them a reference on Sancho and his response was that the player had caused him alot of trouble and was hard to control.

Womp

idiot
According to Andy Brassel who is a European football correspondent that appears on ESPN. He said that before Sancho left City, Bayern asked Guardiola to give them a reference on Sancho and his response was that the player had caused him alot of trouble and was hard to control.
Which is probably translated to 'anyone with a personality'. Pep has had issues with heaps of top players who have done incredibly well elsewhere, in the past. I doubt it's anything to worry about, especially considering Sancho was so young.

-Supreme-

If true - this doesn't go well with Ole's recruitment strategy.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Pep was just annoyed that Sancho wouldn't sit on the bench for 2 years and be patient like Foden.

I like that Sancho said stuff it to a guy like Pep, wanted to make it his own way. He'll be back to Manchester don't you worry Pep ;)

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I'd take Mason over Jadon any day of the week.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Yeah but we said no chance, if those reports are to be believed.

Rolaholic

Which is probably translated to 'anyone with a personality'. Pep has had issues with heaps of top players who have done incredibly well elsewhere, in the past. I doubt it's anything to worry about, especially considering Sancho was so young.
Yup, football legends like Eto'o, Yaya Toure and Ibra have all spoken on this exact point before

TheLord

If it’s true Leroy Sanè is going to Bayern for less than 50 mil then there is your market standard because he is worth a lot more than that.
Sane is not worth one penny more than €50m. He is already 24, and at the stage of his career where he won’t improve dramatically as a player. He is probably at his “footballing peak”, which is still very good, but nothing exceptional. And he has just come back after a horrible torn ACL injury, which ruled him out for nearly one full season.

Jadon Sancho is worth at least twice that sum.

Andersons Dietician

Sane is not worth one penny more than €50m. He is already 24, and at the stage of his career where he won’t improve dramatically as a player. He is probably at his “footballing peak”, which is still very good, but nothing exceptional. And he has just come back after a horrible torn ACL injury, which ruled him out for nearly one full season.

Jadon Sancho is worth at least twice that sum.
Leroy Sanè is easily one of the best prospects in world football. Any normal market he goes for about 70-80 mil even in the final year of his contract. It’s like people have forgotten how good he was/is. He’s easily Rashford, Martial quality. bayern picked up an absolute bargain on that one.

steve88

Leroy Sanè is easily one of the best prospects in world football. Any normal market he goes for about 70-80 mil even in the final year of his contract. It’s like people have forgotten how good he was/is. He’s easily Rashford, Martial quality. bayern picked up an absolute bargain on that one.
Yer i agree he may not be on sancho or greenwood generational talent same as Rooney and messi were but is still a top top player

steve88

:lol: it's been reported by multiple reliable sources that Chelsea made an initial approach last season but haven't been in contact since
Don't think Chelsea are in for him now or last year due to ban but I guess enquired for future and its wrong they ban only kast the summer window not January and this summer makes a mockery of breaking rules and not really being punished for it

steve88

:lol: it's been reported by multiple reliable sources that Chelsea made an initial approach last season but haven't been in contact since
Don't think Chelsea are in for him now or last year due to ban but I guess enquired for future and its wrong they ban only kast the summer window not January and this summer makes a mockery of breaking rules and not really being punished for it

Status
Not open for further replies.