James Maddison | Spurs

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Of the traditional "big clubs" I can only think Arsenal or Spurs would want him in their first XI next season and neither of them have the kind of dosh needed to sign him post Covid.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Of the traditional "big clubs" I can only think Arsenal or Spurs would want him in their first XI next season and neither of them have the kind of dosh needed to sign him post Covid.
He is nowhere near good enough for Spurs. I think he is incredibly overrated.

izec

Nobody will touch him for the next 2 years at least. He will be expensive and is a very specific player. I think he is good, but not as good as he thinks he is.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Yes, we would have been interested but with Bruno's signing we won't try. Chelsea, Liverpool, City don't need him and the other 2 don't have big money to spend.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Not too fussed. I think Grealish is better and he'd probably cost even more than Maguire.
Smith did say, if anyone wanted him they'd have to be paying huge money.

Grealish isn't foolish enough to ask for a transfer and risk the ire of Villa fans but at the same time if he wants to shine on a bigger stage, he needs a a bigger club. Or he could be lesser Matt Le Tissier; one club man,be accorded legend status for being that but have an empty trophy cabinet.Nothing wrong with that, if that's what he's happy with.

Inigo Montoya

Nobody will touch him for the next 2 years at least. He will be expensive and is a very specific player. I think he is good, but not as good as he thinks he is.
You mean 'we think he is.'

The hype is mainly from posters on here and a small number of the media

Classical Mechanic

I'd be absolutely raging if we bought him - especially at whatever over inflated price Leicester would try and get for him. I really don't rate the guy at all.
Fair enough. I think he's at least a 'good' Premier League player currently with scope to improve. His second half to the season didn't match his first but to not rate him 'at all' seems in the least as excessive.

He's stuck at Leicester now though. They have to much power financially and he won't be worth the fee unless he improves a fair bit.

roonster09

Scout
He is at best an average premier league player. If he wasn't English he would barely get noticed.
He is not average player, he is good player who had very good season. You guys posted Alli as next Gerrard/Lampard, if you had Maddison, you guys would have posted how he was next Paul Gascoigne.

Obviously the asking price will be ridiculous, that won't make him average player.

roonster09

Scout
Fair enough. I think he's at least a 'good' Premier League player currently with scope to improve. His second half to the season didn't match his first but to not rate him 'at all' seems in the least as excessive.

He's stuck at Leicester now though. They have to much power financially and he won't be worth the fee unless he improves a fair bit.
Any player who wants to move to bigger clubs should insist on release clauses. Transfer fee are ridiculous now and most of the players won't get the big club moves. We have seen players running down the contracts but they should insist on release clauses too for their sake.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
He is not average player, he is good player who had very good season. You guys posted Alli as next Gerrard/Lampard, if you had Maddison, you guys would have posted how he was next Paul Gascoigne.

Obviously the asking price will be ridiculous, that won't make him average player.
Please don't use the names 'Gascoigne' and 'Maddison' in the same sentence.

ROFLUTION

I think the extension also has a lot to do with his agent canvassing the league and coming up empty handed.
Sounds about right.. "Remember that filthy Man Utd move we talked about James?? Well I do have something on my hands that could be quite rewarding too"

roonster09

Scout
Please don't use the names 'Gascoigne' and 'Maddison' in the same sentence.
Well you guys used Lampard/Gerrard in the same sentence as Alli. So why not.

Btw it's not that I'm saying he will be as good, if he was Spurs player that would have been the hype by Spurs fans.

Inigo Montoya

He's a Utd fan :lol: , there's no way he's going to stay at Leicester whether or not they have financial power or not. They aren't competing with the 'big' boys for major trophies. The title winning season was an outlier

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Well you guys used Lampard/Gerrard in the same sentence as Alli. So why not.

Btw it's not that I'm saying he will be as good, if he was Spurs player that would have been the hype by Spurs fans.
At one point Alli at least looked like he might develop into a player of that caliber and was posting incredible stats for his age. Alli is 24 and Maddison is 23 - Premier League stats are as follows:

Maddison: Appearances: 67 Goals: 13 Assists: 10

Dele: Appearances: 156 Goals: 50 Assists: 33

Now Dele has been pretty rubbish for 2 years now but still has a much better output than Maddison. Both are overrated but out of both of them I'd rather have Alli in my squad than Maddison.

roonster09

Scout
At one point Alli at least looked like he might develop into a player of that caliber and was posting incredible stats for his age. Alli is 24 and Maddison is 23 - Premier League stats are as follows:

Maddison: Appearances: 67 Goals: 13 Assists: 10

Dele: Appearances: 156 Goals: 50 Assists: 33

Now Dele has been pretty rubbish for 2 years now but still has a much better output than Maddison. Both are overrated but out of both of them I'd rather have Alli in my squad than Maddison.

Of course, Alli is second striker, you guys just pretended he was scoring all those goals from midfield position.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Smith did say, if anyone wanted him they'd have to be paying huge money.

Grealish isn't foolish enough to ask for a transfer and risk the ire of Villa fans but at the same time if he wants to shine on a bigger stage, he needs a a bigger club. Or he could be lesser Matt Le Tissier; one club man,be accorded legend status for being that but have an empty trophy cabinet.Nothing wrong with that, if that's what he's happy with.
He has to say that though doesn’t he.

Grealish doesn’t have to ask for a move away it’s pretty clear after being a great servant and helping them survive the drop he deserves the move to a bigger club in Europe - they shouldn’t stand in his way and make it a messy situation.

That’s not to say he should be sold for peanuts but surely no more than £40-50m. If it is more then we shouldn’t be buying him as we have other holes and a big whack will be going on Sancho (or equivalent).

Inigo Montoya

Very good player, but in my opinion he is a little bit overrated.
If you think he's 'very good,' then how's he a 'little' overrated? Very good implies that he's definitely a player Utd should go for. Very good to International class payers are really what we should be after instead of being stuck with the likes of Lingard and Pereira

Inigo Montoya

Grealish doesn’t have to ask for a move away it’s pretty clear after being a great servant and helping them survive the drop he deserves the move to a bigger club in Europe - they shouldn’t stand in his way and make it a messy situation.

That’s not to say he should be sold for peanuts but surely no more than £40-50m. If it is more then we shouldn’t be buying him as we have other holes and a big whack will be going on Sancho (or equivalent).
That's at least £20m below their valuation. That's why a lot of PL coaches look abroad

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
He's a Utd fan :lol: , there's no way he's going to stay at Leicester whether or not they have financial power or not. They aren't competing with the 'big' boys for major trophies. The title winning season was an outlier
Only way he'd be leaving is if he runs his contract down, and it sounds like he's signed a new one. The fee Leicester ask for their players is very prohibitive, with Chelsea now deciding to sign a leftback elsewhere for cheaper than going for Chilwell.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Of course, Alli is second striker, you guys just pretended he was scoring all those goals from midfield position.
He got all those goals from running FROM a midfield position - the exact same midfield position that Maddison occupies as it happens. Playing in the hole behind the striker. You may not want to hear it but the comparison is perfectly valid to make. I guess you will ignore the fact he also has a higher rate of assists than Maddison also - you want to explain that away as well I presume?

Inigo Montoya

Only way he'd be leaving is if he runs his contract down, and it sounds like he's signed a new one. The fee Leicester ask for their players is very prohibitive, with Chelsea now deciding to sign a leftback elsewhere for cheaper than going for Chilwell.
Which is exactly the point I made above. Why should any of the big guns over spend when they can pick up options that are every bit as good if not better in the European leagues?

roonster09

Scout
He got all those goals from running FROM a midfield position - the exact same midfield position that Maddison occupies as it happens. Playing in the hole behind the striker. You may not want to hear it but the comparison is perfectly valid to make. I guess you will ignore the fact he also has a higher rate of assists than Maddison also - you want to explain that away as well I presume?
Attacking players have more goals and assists?

Even striker scores the goals by making run from midfield position, Alli is second striker than CM, he is not even attacking mid, he is second striker.

Alli averages 44 chances per season
Maddison averages 90 chances per season in PL.

In 5 seasons Alli has created 33 big chances, Maddison has 21 big chances in 2 seasons. Don't think I need to give average to see who is better at creating chances.

Also these defensive posts are amazing, I didn't even say Maddison is better than Alli, I said you guys hyped Alli as next Gerrard and Lampard, likewise you would have hyped Maddison too.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Attacking players have more goals and assists?

Even striker scores the goals by making run from midfield position, Alli is second striker than CM, he is not even attacking mid, he is second striker.

Alli averages 44 chances per season
Maddison averages 90 chances per season in PL.

In 5 seasons Alli has created 33 big chances, Maddison has 21 big chances in 2 seasons. Don't think I need to give average to see who is better at creating chances.

Also these defensive posts are amazing, I didn't even say Maddison is better than Alli, I said you guys hyped Alli as next Gerrard and Lampard, likewise you would have hyped Maddison too.
To be fair it was you that brought Alli into it.

roonster09

Scout
To be fair it was you that brought Alli into it.
Yeah, I didn't say Maddison is better. I said you guys mentioned Alli in same sentence as Lampard and Gerrard.

Anyways I dont think anyone who watched him would come up with "He is average PL player".

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Yeah, I didn't say Maddison is better. I said you guys mentioned Alli in same sentence as Lampard and Gerrard.

Anyways I dont think anyone who watched him would come up with "He is average PL player".
I mean - you said 'You guys posted Alli as next Gerrard/Lampard, if you had Maddison, you guys would have posted how he was next Paul Gascoigne' and then appear surprised when I become 'defensive'. Maybe if you didn't post comments with the sole intent to trigger a Spurs fan I might not feel the need to respond in a defensive way? I had not made any comparisons with him to any Spurs players yet you went straight in to bait me.

You can't say 'Anyways I dont think anyone who watched him would come up with "He is average PL player". I have watched him and I think he is an average PL player. I'm sure I'm not alone in that.

roonster09

Scout
I mean - you said 'You guys posted Alli as next Gerrard/Lampard, if you had Maddison, you guys would have posted how he was next Paul Gascoigne' and then appear surprised when I become 'defensive'. Maybe if you didn't post comments with the sole intent to trigger a Spurs fan I might not feel the need to respond in a defensive way?
Odd you thought that was a trigger. So your post was to trigger Leicester fan then?

rotherham_red

I wonder if that why the VdB links emerged - his price is likely to be more reasonable than Grealish's now that Villa are safe and he's arguably a better fit in terms of his positional flexibility (plays all across the central area, from defensive to attacking) and ability to play possession football.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Odd you thought that was a trigger. So your post was to trigger Leicester fan then?
No not at all, it's just my honest opinion on a player. I didn't make any comment on Leicester or their fans like you did with Spurs. What you said would be the equivalent of me saying 'I think Maddison is average yet if you listen to Leicester fans he is better than Lampard' - that would be me trying to trigger Leicester fans. Do you see the difference?

roonster09

Scout
No not at all, it's just my honest opinion on a player. I didn't make any comment on Leicester or their fans like you did with Spurs.
Well that was my honest opinion on how the players are hyped.

Anyways this is boring, in my very honest opinion, Maddison would walk into Spurs first 11, but they like Arsenal can't afford him.