James Maddison - Signs for Spurs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pickle85

Not a signing to really move the needle imo. Streaky and drifts in and out of games too much from my (admittedly fairly limited) viewing of him.

Lecland07

Will be a great signing for them. They haven't had an attacking midfielder since Eriksen left.

Brings goals and creativity in the centre of the pitch, which has only been brought by Kane for about four seasons now.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
He's more of a 10 than a midfielder though isn't he?

Would have thought they could spend their money on someone more beneficial.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
He's more of a 10 than a midfielder though isn't he?

Would have thought they could spend their money on someone more beneficial.
We are changing formation and having a 10 will be vital - we currently don't really have anybody in the squad who plays there so it's an important signing for us. Also, we are selling Winks for £10 million to them so essentially we get Maddison for £30 million plus Winks. That's bloody good business if you ask me.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
We are changing formation and having a 10 will be vital - we currently don't really have anybody in the squad who plays there so it's an important signing for us. Also, we are selling Winks for £10 million to them so essentially we get Maddison for £30 million plus Winks. That's bloody good business if you ask me.
Is Parrot still there? Not heard about him for ages.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Is Parrot still there? Not heard about him for ages.
He was on loan last season but to be honest I think it's likely he will move on. Dane Scarlett however looks like he could make it though he is at least another year away and will need another loan. The big striker talent other than that in our youth sides is Jamie Donley.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Yep, I read about him on reddit and some I read some of the comments, started to dislike Maddison.
There are some very dumb tweets he sent out several years ago - funny enough mostly directed at Gareth Bale and Spurs - he has since apologised and in the past few years he has matured and is actually very professional in interviews. He has a couple of kids now so I think he has generally wised up.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
For whatever reason, they are doing the Alexis MacAllister thing of not reporting the (reportedly quite realistic) add ons in the fee. Apparently it will be around 50m with addons.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
For whatever reason, they are doing the Alexis MacAllister thing of not reporting the (reportedly quite realistic) add ons in the fee. Apparently it will be around 50m with addons.
It's essentially £30 million plus Winks who is going the other way for £10 million. There may be some add-on's as there is with almost every deal but at most they will be £5-10 million extra so at worst we get him for £40 million plus Winks if all add-ons are enacted. That's a pretty good deal all things considered and especially when you see the sorts of figures for similar home grown players.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
It's essentially £30 million plus Winks who is going the other way for £10 million. There may be some add-on's as there is with almost every deal but at most they will be £5-10 million extra so at worst we get him for £40 million plus Winks if all add-ons are enacted. That's a pretty good deal all things considered and especially when you see the sorts of figures for similar home grown players.
From what I read from people on the LCFC side, the Winks deal is 10m only if all add ons are achieved so Tottenham is trying to have it both ways in framing the terms.

I think its a perfectly good deal for Maddison - who I rate - but not some kind of coup at 50m given Mount is costing around 55-60m and Havertz 60-65m and those players are a couple years younger.

Getting any money at all for Harry Winks is a good deal too.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
From what I read from people on the LCFC side, the Winks deal is 10m only if all add ons are achieved so Tottenham is trying to have it both ways in framing the terms.

I think its a perfectly good deal for Maddison - who I rate - but not some kind of coup at 50m given Mount is costing around 55-60m and Havertz 60-65m and those players are a couple years younger.

Getting any money at all for Harry Winks is a good deal too.
Its not 50 million though - stop adding 10 million on just to try and make a point! We are signing him for 40 million.

Erik the Red

Better than Mount.
I seem to remember that Maddison is a United fan, so if ETH was interested, we could have probably done the deal. I guess ETH disagrees with you, or at least feels that Mount is a better fit for his system.

pascell

Do you remember any of the details? Seemed like a good guy in interviews.
Have to say 'apparnetly' as I wouldn't want the Caf getting into trouble but when on a night out coming through at Coventry, someone didn't know who he was so got his mate to give them a hiding.

There was a few other things but I've forgotten what they were.

C'est Moi Cantona

Even if they were trying to, I don't think they could have bought a more Spurs type player than Maddison.

CallyRed

Now they just need to find a striker to be on the end of his assists.

Crimson King

I seem to remember that Maddison is a United fan, so if ETH was interested, we could have probably done the deal. I guess ETH disagrees with you, or at least feels that Mount is a better fit for his system.
You don't need Maddison when you have Bruno.

Irrational.

Five year deal :lol:

That’s his career done at Spurs then.

He looks like the archetypal Spurs player, what you would imagine a Spurs player to look like. Similar to a Jamie Redknapp or Harry Winks.

RVN1991

Five year deal :lol:

That’s his career done at Spurs then.

He looks like the archetypal Spurs player, what you would imagine a Spurs player to look like. Similar to a Jamie Redknapp or Harry Winks.
He's at least 10x the player Winks is TBF.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Good signing for them. Never made sense for us due to Bruno, but I always liked him. He's also probably just about right for Spurs level.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Am I missing something - how is Maddison moving for £40m and Mount being quoted at the low end by Chelsea at £65m?

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Be a good signing if they can get over 20 games from him.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
If we had decent football people then we should have signed Maddison instead of mount and spent the rest trying to get Kim or put it towards a ST.

KjaAnd

I never really understood the hype around him. Sure, he'll be a good player for a club like Spurs but he's not cut for the highest level IMO.

Gandalf

Good signing. Much better than Mount
Different type of player and clearly not what ETH is looking for.

I think Erik sees Maddison as being too much like Bruno and they probably would not fit in the same midfield so he would be upgrading his bench rather than his starting XI. With a limited budget we are sensibly looking to sign starting players and Mount seemingly would start in a 3 with Bruno and Case due to his pressing and off the ball game.

Status
Not open for further replies.