James Nolan | Signs his first pro contract

Demaw

He is very very average. Not sure why we did this.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Well, I can name ten players who are worse than him in that squad so I guess it makes sense to give him a contract.
It sometimes feels like some people expect us to give pro contracts only to players who have a realistic shot at making it at United. For the last five years or so it'd mean more or less MG, Mainoo and Garnacho. If we didn't, our U21s team would be even younger (and worse), basically a U17s while the U18s squad would be an U16s team.

khoazany

I would argue we have done much better in terms of timing of giving out first and second pro contract for academy graduates compared to 5-10 years ago. This combined with us being more aggressively selling/releasing/loaning players than before allowing us to get a fee on the likes of Iqbal, Savage instead of letting them running down their contract ala. Pogba, Fryers etc.

Red 142

Not sure he'll ever be Utd standard, but the few times I've seen him he's seemed an aggressive and dynamic player. Def seemed to have something about him so I'm not surprised he's been given a pro deal at least. The harsh criticism I've seen him get at times surprised me a bit.

PS18

Only the complete miseries on here could really find an issue with this.