Jamie Jackson

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Been saying for years that Jamie Jackson is a drooling imbecile who who knows feck all about feck all. Constantly quoting his previous articles as evidence to back up his claims when everything he has ever written is made up nonsense. He has as much knowledge about what is going on at the club as we do, except we can safely say that we don't put our shoes on the wrong feet. He also looks like the type of bloke who goes to an orgy just so he can stand there and applaud as his missus gets piledrived by fifteen guys wearing Eyes Wide Shut masks. In fact, even worse, he's probably Solid State.

He probably writes using crayons.
Impossible, the guy eats crayons. He probably just shits on his hands and uses the leftovers to scrawl his articles on the stall walls.

sugar_kane

I'm not defending what he writes, but absolutely nothing is stopping you from simply not reading his articles. The better question is to ask yourself why you feel compelled to read his articles if they annoy you so much.
I rarely read his articles but I do read the Guardian most days. It just happens that the United reporter in my newspaper of choice is, unfortunately, Jamie Jackson.

0le

I rarely read his articles but I do read the Guardian most days. It just happens that the United reporter in my newspaper of choice is, unfortunately, Jamie Jackson.
Yes I understand, my apologies as that was a general comment not aimed at you in particular.

Gazza

He’s not only a poor journalist in terms of his interest in juicy narrative over insight, but he’s also a terrible writer. Unimaginative in thought and lacking in clarity with poorly constructed sentences. No idea what he adds to the Guardian’s football coverage.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Jamie Jackson said:
Woodward, who holds a black belt in karate, is rumoured to be red hot in the sack. After winning the Nobel Prize for economics, he climbed Everest for a laugh. He also told me to write that he's humble.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
He’s not only a poor journalist in terms of his interest in juicy narrative over insight, but he’s also a terrible writer. Unimaginative in thought and lacking in clarity with poorly constructed sentences. No idea what he adds to the Guardian’s football coverage.
I think he actually has some good sources in Football. But, I agree that his writing is completely uninteresting.

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
So he believes the expectation from Woodward is title or bust this season, or have I read that wrong?

There's no way he can think that bringing in 2 players and a 3rd choice 'keeper is enough to mount a title challenge.
He doesn't care if we mount a title challenge or not.

Mourinho is of course to blame for the shit we see on the pitch but, as discussed at much length, it goes much further.

SirAF

Ageist
Thought the same when I read that this morning. Mourinho came across very well in his post match interviews. Trying to force the narrative felt lazy at best.

Before we start blowing smoke up Daniel Taylor's arse, when he had Jamie Jackson's job, he wasn't shy of printing rumours and garbage about United as fact.
Aye, there’s a reason Ferguson banned him - which Taylor whined about for ages, if I recall correctly.

pascell

He doesn't care if we mount a title challenge or not.

Mourinho is of course to blame for the shit we see on the pitch but, as discussed at much length, it goes much further.
Yeah I get the feeling top 4 is acceptable from the club, which isn't good enough.

It definitely does go much further, the fault lays with Woodward and Mourinho.

Infra-red

Aye, there’s a reason Ferguson banned him - which Taylor whined about for ages, if I recall correctly.
He was banned from Friday conferences for writing his book This Is The One. Fergie got his press officer to read the book and submit a summary, on the strength of which, Taylor was banned.

MUFC OK

I got bored quite quickly.
Agree, didn't finish this article. It was more of the same with little insight other than saying Woodward sees the title as the crème de la crème (which I'm not sure is even the case). He's just a very speculative writer who has somehow risen to prominence but any of a number of us on here could have written that.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Agree, didn't finish this article. It was more of the same with little insight other than saying Woodward sees the title as the crème de la crème (which I'm not sure is even the case). He's just a very speculative writer who has somehow risen to prominence but any of a number of us on here could have written that.
I didn't get that far. The bit where he says the first DoF in the club's 140 year history, like we're way behind the rest of English football or something. I was like, big deal, so we're getting with the times.

GBBQ

Yeah I get the feeling top 4 is acceptable from the club, which isn't good enough.

It definitely does go much further, the fault lays with Woodward and Mourinho.
Considering the competitiveness of the league where potentially 6 clubs start the season with title aspirations is it not a good thing that our expectations are somewhat realistic?I don't buy that being title winners would not be a huge benefit to the club and would explain why we have spent so much in the last number of windows.

I agree this summer was rubbish but I also suspect that some of the reluctance to fund was rightly or wrongly down to the board not being happy with the targets rather than not being able or willing to invest money. That's a whole other story of control for sure, but I really doubt there is an ambivalence to the impact that being champions would have on the brand (in the coldest business terms).

SteveJ

Scout
Trying. to. be. James. Ellroy. or. David. Peace.

Member 39557

How I used full stops. To make my writing different. But didn't know anything else. Or what to write. So I wrote about Shoreditch. Because I live there.
I noticed that. It made it very awkward to read, and that's before we get to the actual content!

beedoubleyou

He was banned from Friday conferences for writing his book This Is The One. Fergie got his press officer to read the book and submit a summary, on the strength of which, Taylor was banned.
He also wrote a load of bollocks about United fans singing 'We do what we want' in defiance of the club asking the fans to stop singing that Arsene Wenger chant. It was a complete fecking lie. We sang that chant at every game that entire season and Daniel Taylor twisted it to suit a story he was writing.

SteveJ

Scout
He's got a bad habit of, very frequently, stating his views as actual facts:
'Pogba wants to leave for Barcelona', for example.