January Position of Strength

TrueRed1999

Somehow bleaker than Nostradamus
If United are 2 points from the Scousers at the start of January or few points of and we can get a RW (I know Diallo is coming but is 18 and still has to adapt) and a CB a good one I would say we will be in a greater situation than I could have anticipated months ago. And especially if we sort our home form out, Keane is right that if United sort out their home form we will be indeed title contenders and considering what a weird league this is. Anything can happen, logically top 4 should still be the target but would love for us to give Liverpool a run for their money.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
If we are that close come Jan then we really should be strengthening the team

Trequarista10

I would be amazed if we sign a RW in January when Sancho is our target. It means we can't go for an elite level alternative, and a cheaper squad option doesn't appeal.

That said, maybe a loan? If Dembele is out of favour...

TrueRed1999

Somehow bleaker than Nostradamus
Do you think we will revisit Dembele? Does he have just 18 months left on his contract now?
I would rather get Sancho, Dortmund will need to sell in Jan and won't be in a position to demand 120m that they wanted he won't be worth half of that due to games played and the team not being anywhere near it was last season.

January is usually difficult to sign players.

I don’t think we will sign a right winger - as we have Diallo coming in.

would like us to offload Jones, Rojo and Bailly and bring in a decent CB - but otherwise don’t see much business happening.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
You are all in for disappointment if you think the board will sanction any significant transfers with the club being two points off top. If anything, that would confirm to the decision makers that nothing additional is needed to the squad as it is good enough to qualify for the Champions League.

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
You are all in for disappointment if you think the board will sanction any significant transfers with the club being two points off top. If anything, that would confirm to the decision makers that nothing additional is needed to the squad as it is good enough to qualify for the Champions League.
This for me

Green_Red

January is usually difficult to sign players.

I don’t think we will sign a right winger - as we have Diallo coming in.

would like us to offload Jones, Rojo and Bailly and bring in a decent CB - but otherwise don’t see much business happening.
I cringe when I see this name still at this club. No ambition to play football at all, just wants the paycheck, what a disappointing position for player and club.

Can't see us signing anyone in Jan, let's wait and see.

Coxy

I would rather get Sancho, Dortmund will need to sell in Jan and won't be in a position to demand 120m that they wanted he won't be worth half of that due to games played and the team not being anywhere near it was last season.
Why will they need to sell?

I cringe when I see this name still at this club. No ambition to play football at all, just wants the paycheck, what a disappointing position for player and club.

Can't see us signing anyone in Jan, let's wait and see.
Rojo is just as bad. I’m not actually sure either have a bad attitude per se, both just riddled with injuries, and priced out of going elsewhere due to their ridiculous contracts.

aside from RW, we have good players in all positions. To buy players who are better than the current incumbents will actually cost a hell of a lot.

Green_Red

Rojo is just as bad. I’m not actually sure either have a bad attitude per se, both just riddled with injuries, and priced out of going elsewhere due to their ridiculous contracts.
You'd think they'd be willing to take a pay cut to play football regularly though. It's not like they're going from £35 an hour to £25 an hour.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
In a normal season I would say that there is no chance of a significant (first team) January signing, however I'm not so sure this time around. There are going to be a lot of clubs who need to sell and that may lead to some value out there that the club can't walk away from. If I had to gamble though I would say no. Diallo is going to light up Old Trafford.