Jarrad Branthwaite

Hammondo

But he did win his last title because he bought in Robin van Persie. The striker won him the title, the defense didnt win him a title the year before.
He didn't win the title though. We won because we had no competition.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
It's the same story year after year.
So it's normal then? Not dragging? We don't know what's going on behind the scenes.

It's June 9th, euros not even started yet, it's ludicrous to suggest we're dragging out feet with transfers.

I'm happy the club is taking its time with ten hag. You'd hope they're considering every possible outcome in sacking him and hiring x/y/z and whether or not it's truly worth it. If done right that process can take a while.

Or would you rather we did a Chelsea or a Bayern?

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
So it's normal then? Not dragging? We don't know what's going on behind the scenes.

It's June 9th, euros not even started yet, it's ludicrous to suggest we're dragging out feet with transfers.

I'm happy the club is taking its time with ten hag. You'd hope they're considering every possible outcome in sacking him and hiring x/y/z and whether or not it's truly worth it. If done right that process can take a while.

Or would you rather we did a Chelsea or a Bayern?
Come on!
It's June the 9th and Euros soon starting. You said it yourself.
If you don't grab certain players before the Euros then you risk having to pay much more for them if they play really well.
Not even having a manager in place is ludicrous as he should be able to know what players he's going to be working with.
Very soon the players will be coming back and then the tour starts and before you know it here comes the Charity Shield.
This happens to United each and every year and it's not a good situation.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
Come on!
It's June the 9th and Euros soon starting. You said it yourself.
If you don't grab certain players before the Euros then you risk having to pay much more for them if they play really well.
Not even having a manager in place is ludicrous as he should be able to know what players he's going to be working with.
Very soon the players will be coming back and then the tour starts and before you know it here comes the Charity Shield.
This happens to United each and every year and it's not a good situation.
So I repeat, what other big clubs have made significant signings in this short period between season ending and the euros starting?

I'll help you out, real Madrid have signed mbappe. He's been signed for half a season though.

Who else?

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
So I repeat, what other big clubs have made significant signings in this short period between season ending and the euros starting?

I'll help you out, real Madrid have signed mbappe. He's been signed for half a season though.

Who else?
So what?
Even if that were the case we don't have to be like any other teams.
I still think that we should get moving with transfers.
I'll help you out too - especially the EtH saga should have been solved by now.
It's been like this for a number of years at United and we're getting more of the same from Ratcliffe.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
So what?
Even if that were the case we don't have to be like any other teams.
I still think that we should get moving with transfers.
I'll help you out too - especially the EtH saga should have been solved by now.
It's been like this for a number of years at United and we're getting more of the same from Ratcliffe.
'So what' is a goat tier response tbf.

Also what kind of logic is that? United aren't making signings when literally no one has made a signing so they must be doing shit?

Of all the sticks to bash the club with, this is not one.

You don't know what's going on behind the scenes and you don't need to know either.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
'So what' is a goat tier response tbf.

Also what kind of logic is that? United aren't making signings when literally no one has made a signing so they must be doing shit?

Of all the sticks to bash the club with, this is not one.

You don't know what's going on behind the scenes and you don't need to know either.
I respect your opinion but disagree with you.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Slower and more clumsy.
From the little I've seen, that's the closest one I could liken him too. But I've only seen 4-5 matches. As an LCB (even if he can play on the right side) I just think it's an extraordinary amount of money for someone who is not outstanding and not exactly what we need. Buying Inacio for 50m (rumoured release clause), another LCB, would make more sense as he can cover for two positions where we have essential players who both are question marks in terms of fitness (Shaw and Martinez). That being said, what makes the most sense is quite obviously to buy a RCB who has enough pace to field a high line and is both good on the ball as well as making up the height we lack with Martinez.

And should we persist with this idea of playing a high line, high pressing game, we simply have no use for Maguire or Lindelof, so ideally we'll sell them both this summer.