Javi Guerra - United most interested

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Of Javi Guerra

Manchester United have drawn up a plan to sign him in the summer. They have come to see him in the last few games and the player and VCF are aware of the interest.

The English are looking at 35-40M [Euros]. They know Valencia won't sell unless they make a big offer.
VCF are calm because (at the cost of losing assets) they are not financially obliged to sell and are not negotiating in January for Javi.

Juventus have done the same scouting work as United, but they consider it almost impossible given VCF's demands.

So no wonder Javi said yesterday that "I'm staying until the end of the season at least.... If they don't throw me out" (as a joke). It's very difficult for him to leave in January.

By the summer things are starting to move, but United are moving knowing that if they come for Javi, they will have to pay good money.
I haven't been able to watch much of Javi Guerra this season, but from the little I saw of him last season, he seems to be a skillful playmaking central midfielder who's a decent attacking threat in the final third. He was playing a big part in Valencia's attacks as well, so he has what it takes to control the midfield. What makes him particularly appealing here is his size: he's 187 cm tall (6'2"), so he seems to be a ready-made McTominay replacement.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Another one where we are at risk of getting rinsed for a player of questionable quality.

Ace of Spades

We have plenty of talents from the academy in midfield, I would want to go for a bit more established player if we are going to lose some of the experienced players.

Loon

:lol:
It's funny, everyone expects our new recruitment team to hit bullseye every time and the people in this thread can't even agree!

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
It's funny, everyone expects our new recruitment team to hit bullseye every time and the people in this thread can't even agree!
Not every time. Even 50% would be great

userman

Been underwhelming the few times I’ve seen him. Might develop it but as of now I’d say he completely lack the intensity + physicality to make it in the PL, also often disappears in the games.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Weird how people get castigated on here for being sceptical about possible signings. If someone wrote after every signing in the past 11 years that they’d be absolutely fecking shit they’d have a 95% strike rate. Don’t understand how muppets still survive.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I don't care if it makes me sound like a broken record. Yes please. He might be great. I like shiny new toys at the club.

Edit: just found out that there's two Javi Guerra's. One is twenty and the other is 41. Without researching which one this is, because that would take too long, let's just say that he's 30 and we should stay well away from this one.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
And what abilities do we have??
Overly simplistic view but main strengths:

Casemiro - Ball winner
Mainoo - Press resistant
Eriksen - Progressive passing
Bruno - Creative threat
McTominay - Heart and goal threat
Mount - Positioning and pressing
Amrabat - A body
Hannibal - Energy

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

Casemiro - Ball winner
Mainoo - Press resistant
Bruno - Creative threat
Amrabat - A body
Hannibal - Energy
McTominay has no heart and he isn't a goal threat. We are talking about a player that routinely jogs in transition and has scored 28 goals in 261 games played for United calling that a goal threat is a big overstatement..

Nogho

Casemiro - Ball winner
Mainoo - Press resistant
Bruno - Creative threat
Amrabat - A body
Hannibal - Energy
Lovely - Shaped by the Moroccan cuisine :cool:

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
McTominay has no heart and he isn't a goal threat. We are talking about a player that routinely jogs in transition and has scored 28 goals in 261 games played for United calling that a goal threat is a big overstatement..
Feck me for trying to respond with an overly simplistic view (which I stated).

Why is McTominay in this side?

JPRouve

Scout
Feck me for trying to respond with an overly simplistic view (which I stated).

Why is McTominay in this side?
He is a body like you stated for Amrabat. Goals and heart aren't things that you can count on when it comes to McTominay.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
I think you got it spot on. Maybe he's not prolific but the only reason he's in the side is he can get into the box and potentially score.
Its also rather simplistic to look at his goal record at United and dismiss his goal threat as a player all together. As if he hasn't spent most of his United career pidgeon holed as a false defensive midfielder. What he has done for Scotland in his most natural role is what his actual goal threat is

JPRouve

Scout
I think you got it spot on. Maybe he's not prolific but the only reason he's in the side is he can get into the box and potentially score.
If he isn't prolific then how is that a strength? For context Casemiro has 11 goals since he joined.

To me it's wild to suggest that McTominay strenght is scoring goals and heart when he actually provide neither with any sort of consistency and never had.

USREDEVIL

If he isn't prolific then how is that a strength? For context Casemiro has 11 goals since he joined.

To me it's wild to suggest that McTominay strenght is scoring goals and heart when he actually provide neither with any sort of consistency and never had.
Again i did not say he was prolific. But that's kind of all he brings. Get me? If not then just press on.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout

I think you’re reading too much into 3 words given I’d clearly stated it’s an overly simplistic view of the player.

His role this season is to score goals and get into the box (paraphrasing Ten Hag here) or at the very least provide a box threat. It just is. He is also in the side because of the “energy” and “mentality” Ten Hags words not mine. Which I happen to interpret as a bit of heart. You can see he gives an enormous shit about the club = heart. It’s not much, he’s also not someone who is good enough to be a first team starter in a successful United side but I wasn’t debating that or making that point.

Whether he is good enough at that to be in the side was not even a remote consideration in such a brief post.