Javi Guerra - United most interested

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Again i did not say he was prolific. But that's kind of all he brings. Get me? If not then just press on.
No one suggested that you said he was prolific. The point was that if he isn't prolific then it's not something that he brings. I'm not sure why it's even debated.

neon_badger

His height does look appealing but only if it's matched with more physicality, I feel we need a player in this position that's strong on the ball, i think we've undervalued this quality in the past.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
In the past two seasons and a half he has scored 7 league goals and 4 were scored in two games. That's where stats can be totally misleading but if you want to believe that McTominay's strength is scoring goals then fair enough.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
In the past two seasons and a half he has scored 7 league goals and 4 were scored in two games. That's where stats can be totally misleading but if you want to believe that McTominay's strength is scoring goals then fair enough.
I don’t want to believe anything. Ten Hag has said it and McTominay has shown that what little quality he does have is in this area.

McTominay has been playing further forward as a box crasher.

He’s been doing it for Scotland too and is 2nd highest scorer in qualifiers 7 goals in 8 games?

McTominay’s role has also changed since last season. He was previously played deeper as a ball carrier.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Given where he plays you need to tweak this to the AM comparisons, he's not really a CM by any stretch. We basically play 1 midfielder and then there's a chasm to the others.
Which kind of in itself suggests one might say he’s in the team to be a concern to the opponents net?

Some sort of danger to the area in which we’d like to put the ball to win?

A goal threat.

tomaldinho1

Which kind of in itself suggests one might say he’s in the team to be a concern to the opponents net?

Some sort of danger to the area in which we’d like to put the ball to win?

A goal threat.
Yes 100%, that's his role. I don't think he's very good at it but his role is essentially to run channels, arrive late in the box and carry the ball forwards.

Ghostrider318

Been underwhelming the few times I’ve seen him. Might develop it but as of now I’d say he completely lack the intensity + physicality to make it in the PL, also often disappears in the games.
so perfect for United then. we dont like good midfielders

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Yes 100%, that's his role. I don't think he's very good at it but his role is essentially to run channels, arrive late in the box and carry the ball forwards.
All of which Javi Guerra does as well (though not so much arrive into the box as Valencia play with a 2-man midfield). He'll struggle to carry the ball with as much freedom as he does in La Liga given the tighter defensive shapes of the PL sides, and he may need to tone down on his riskier forward passes, but the potential is there.

YikesSchmeics

I know nothing about him but what we need is a midfielder who is good on the ball but has defensive qualities. We have enough 10's.

tomaldinho1

All of which Javi Guerra does as well (though not so much arrive into the box as Valencia play with a 2-man midfield). He'll struggle to carry the ball with as much freedom as he does in La Liga given the tighter defensive shapes of the PL sides, and he may need to tone down on his riskier forward passes, but the potential is there.
I understand the comparison, I'm personally against this type of signing overall (I want us to have more control of games) but understand he has some promise.

Drz

Clearly needs to bulk-up to stand a chance in the premier league.

This is a mandatory post sponsored by MeatHeads'R'Us. Disclaimer: We assume no responsibility or liability for any errors, omissions or assessments of a player. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness. The post is free from any bias positive or negative garnered from viewing any content pertinent to the subject. Please note no animals were harmed in the process.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
He looks good here! I just saw a welcome to Utd video on YouTube and he looks average

The video above he seems to have good close control, can beat a press, nice varied range of running into space, can finish around the box and has a good bit of size and fight about him. If this is an INEOS - Mitchell thing then bring it on. 40 million is grand if it doesn’t fully work out. I’d have preferred if we went for two promising players like this instead of Casemiro. I expect to see quite a high squad turnover in the next few years until we find the winning formula again.

Last edited:

city-puma

Is he a young Matic mk II?

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Scott has played as a DM for the previous 18 months, and before that as a more defensive-minded box-to-box. Even then he was a good finisher when he actually got into goal scoring positions, he just rarely got in those positions. Since moving to an attacking role this season he's scored 6 goals in less than 17 matches worth of minutes (and he hasn't played in the attacking role in every game).

I criticise pretty much every other aspect of his game but he is (unfortunately) one of our bigger goal threats at the moment. He's obviously not a Lampard, but he's decent.