Film Jaws is 48 years old today

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Sharks are apex predators. They will possibly attempt to eat whatever they come across. They may not like what they find with us, too bony and not fatty enough, but due to their size and strength a catastrophic result is likely.
I was thing more along the lines that they're a dentist's wet dream with those teeth :D

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Rows of teeth that continually replenish seems more like a dentist's nightmare as they wouldn't require any restorative care.
I'm not over familiar with shark teeth and I'd prefer it to remain that way :lol:

FireballXL5

The scene when Dreyfuss is diving at night and the head appears...scared me shitless as a kid.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
Sharks are apex predators. They will possibly attempt to eat whatever they come across. They may not like what they find with us, too bony and not fatty enough, but due to their size and strength a catastrophic result is likely.
Americans are trying their best.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
So I watched it. It was good but I wouldn't watch it a 2nd time.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Am I missing something, why wouldn't you just wait until the 50th anniversary?

Murder on Zidanes Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Jaws is my favourite movie of all time. It's perfect and in particular the second half is just incredible.
Amen brother, me too.

The issue I find is that people usually see it late on ITV2 when they're young and it looks like a silly, b-horror movie, they tell me the shark looks terrible and it's not scary. People usually laugh (well, non-Movie people at least) when I say it's my favorite film.

I think once you realize the story isn't about a shark, well not really as the shark could be anything, a tornado, an alien, etc, but about facing your fears, the unknown, heroism, teamwork, doing the right thing, etc, it becomes so much more.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
So I watched it. It was good but I wouldn't watch it a 2nd time.
It’s exactly as good every time you watch it :)

Jaws must be my most watched film of all time. Right up there with Alien, The Goonies and Stand by me in terms of repeat viewings and it never ever gets old.

Perfect movie.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
People go on about how sharks don't want to eat you, have you seen sharks? Just a playful bite is taking you apart. I saw a video the other week, some poor dude got eaten by a Tiger Shark. Sharks don't play.

People say you're more likely to get hit by lightning. I've got news for you: we're not swimming with the feckers 24/7 and if we were, the statistics would be very much higher.
I saw that video or at least a horrific video taken in egypt. Unreal. And that wasn’t even a proper massive shark.

Sad too, not just for the family but the pitiable and ignominious end the poor shark met.

clarkydaz

Strangely enough the 2 next ones I think are pretty crap. the Michael Caine one I enjoy, but nothing touches the original

Oldyella

Strangely enough the 2 next ones I think are pretty crap. the Michael Caine one I enjoy, but nothing touches the original
I know it's considered a movie that started the whole summer blockbuster phenom, I wonder if its also a movie that started the lazy sequel phenom too?

clarkydaz

I know it's considered a movie that started the whole summer blockbuster phenom, I wonder if its also a movie that started the lazy sequel phenom too?
Yeah maybe, Spielberg only done the original didn't he. I remember feeling the shark/effects being a bit naff in the sequels.first one is so menacing.

I remember having the vhs tape as a kid, never got bored of it

galwayfa

Jaws original, 48 years ago, unreal, always tell the kids watch these films, wife is worse, she watch nothing from past