Jaydan Kamason

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
A talented 17-year old RB who is becoming a big part of a strong defense that is working its way through the academy.

It’s refreshing to see good young defenders coming through, been a while. Although Mengi & Laird might go on to have good careers if they stay healthy.

Who knows if any of Kamason, Munro & Amass will eventually become regulars here, but they’re probably the biggest reason to our U18s having a brilliant season so far.

Kamason has unfortunately had some injury issues and missed around 50% of both last season and the current one. Really hope he stays fit as he’s developing very nicely at the moment.

Compared to the RB competition at the club in Ogunneye and Nolan, he’s much more adventurous going forward, very tidy running at full speed with the ball at his feet and offers overlap/underlap with his runs all the way into the box consistently.

It’s not a coincidence that we score a lot of goals building from our right with him and/or McAllister offering passing angles with their runs or dribbling and providing the end product themselves.

Accurate passer too and it’s nice to see him always opting for a forward pass if possible.

Defending-wise I still see a lot of room for improvement in terms of positioning and decision making, but the tactical details of the game are very much things you can develop with good coaching. And it’s not like he makes many mistakes in defense either as he’s quite composed out of possession too.

He’s a bit skinny, but there’s no reason he couldn’t become similar to say AWB in terms of physique as long as he keeps working on it.

Signed professional terms in December and has represented England on U16 level.

Last edited:

Ekeke

Really liked his pass to set McAllister away on the run for the first goal. A few times I've seen him pick out a good pass

lysglimt

Scout
Really liked his pass to set McAllister away on the run for the first goal. A few times I've seen him pick out a good pass
He had a really good game yesterday - maybe MOTM. If I am not quite mistaken, he got 2 assists (one of Biancheris goals + Ashton Missins goal)

Borninthe80ts

I’m really pleased to see his recent good performances and as the OP mentioned his positive attributes are coming to the fore. He has a really nice short passing game and I wouldn’t be surprised if like Wan Bissaka he was formerly a winger.

He can get caught out when pushing forward but he has missed a few games through injury so still finding his season peak. And oblivious still young and learning.