Jeff Stelling to leave Soccer Saturday | Or not: Jeff Stays!

Chairman Steve

Sad that he’s leaving. He is an awesome host and I don’t anyone can make lower league football sound as important as he did on Soccer Saturday. That job he does must be hard as feck and he makes it look like nothing.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Not surprised. That panel he has left him with is absolutely brutal.

I watched a clip of them discussing Bruce. It was Boyd, Hendrie, Morrison and Dawson. I think it’s the worst collection of “pundits” I have seen and the level of debate was an all time low.

“Steve Bruce is a human being and no one can argue with that”. Disaster TV

esmufc07

Brad
Scout

I watched a clip of them discussing Bruce. It was Boyd, Hendrie, Morrison and Dawson. I think it’s the worst collection of “pundits” I have seen and the level of debate was an all time low.

Yeah I tuned in the other week and it was dreadful. I don’t really watch live score shows anymore but if I do I’ll just stick BT Score on. Even the studio for GSS looks really crap now.

Hopefully they’ll use this as an opportunity to reinvent it a bit.

Nero

The show should have left our screens many years ago.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Feel like this is the third time he's announced he will leave the show. Bit of a Mandela Effect.

GlasgowCeltic

Enjoyed the show during the Best, Marsh and McLintock days but they were a long time ago

Oranges038

The people who called him a cabbage head, might.

It used to be ok to have on in the background, now it's just awful pundits and it's even too annoying for background noise.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Anyone remember he was one of the original PDC darts presenters and he was awesome at that too?

Does loads for charity I really like the bloke.

Brophs

The One and Only
Imagine the career he’d have had if his hands were just that little bit hairier.

Acole9

Outstanding
Probably still pissed off because they got rid of his mates.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Seems a decent bloke.
I knew someone who met him and said that he wasn't that bothered by football in general.

cyberman

Tired format and Jeff tries to hard to take the high road these days. He has a bit of Neville-itis in him

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Jeff is brilliant. Even more so for being a Poolie. It'll got tits up when he leaves, the other presenters who do it now and again suck and just seem like a smarmy cnuts.

Soccer Saturday used to be comfy background viewing with the back-and-forth between Stelling and the panel of yer da's- but it's absolutley terrible now with the new collection of pundits. Zero chemistry, zero wit or humour (intended or otherwise)...it's just charmless.

I heard a few months ago that Sky were trying to get Chunkz, True Geordie and revolving panel of YouTubers to do a new scores show. So there's that to 'look forward' to at least. :nervous:

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Soccer Saturday used to be comfy background viewing with the back-and-forth between Stelling and the panel of yer da's- but it's absolutley terrible now with the new collection of pundits. Zero chemistry, zero wit or humour (intended or otherwise)...it's just charmless.

I heard a few months ago that Sky were trying to get Chunkz, True Geordie and revolving panel of YouTubers to do a new scores show. So there's that to 'look forward' to at least. :nervous:
Yeah, they're definitely going to go for some absolute knob to present this.

TheGame

I have to agree. The panels have been horrendous. He will be a big miss for the show though.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

Yup. I mean the ones before were old and tired but their replacements are somehow worse. It’s a tired show at the moment. I used to love tuning in a few years ago.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Regardless of what you may think of the tired formula and the people who now make up Soccer Saturday, he's been an incredible host. A consummate professional in what is no doubt a very difficult job. Good luck to him.

pacifictheme

Show hasn't been the same since best and Marsh left.

Will be even worse without Jeff.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Regardless of what you may think of the tired formula and the people who now make up Soccer Saturday, he's been an incredible host. A consummate professional in what is no doubt a very difficult job. Good luck to him.
He's a brilliant host and it's hard to imagine anyone else bringing the same charisma and energy to the role, even making a goal at Raith v Stranraer sound nail-biting.
The panel sucks, but sad to him go.

Sylar

He was good on countdown too
He's just a generally good host and brings a lot of excitement

The ones who do the mid week panels are so bad

stubie

The program has been on the decline for years with the rise of illegal streaming.

I’d much rather watch Burnley-Norwich with Arabic commentary than listen to Tim Sherwood