Jens Petter Hauge

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
We've got plenty of Noggies on here that'll know more plus I imagine plenty more who watch Serie A regularly but what little I've seen of him he looks like a mega talent.

Add him to Ødegaard and Haaland and Norway have some talent for the next decade or so eh?

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Was watching Europa league highlights and he looked really really good. Haven’t been following him so can’t comment much but I recall a transfer thread on him, before his move to Milan. Seems a real prospect but it also looked like his plays on the left? @SirAF

On a random note :nervous: I thought Noggies as an offensive word OP?

SirAF

Ageist
Was watching Europa league highlights and he looked really really good. Haven’t been following him so can’t comment much but I recall a transfer thread on him, before his move to Milan. Seems a real prospect but it also looked like his plays on the left? @SirAF

Sorry, I have no idea about Noggie football :lol:

Handré1990

He can play left, right, centre and even as a striker. Good speed, very good technique, creates a lot of chances and a real goal threat. His best attribute is his ability to consistently beat his man with skill, tricks and speed.

What I like most about him is that he’s fearless. He grew up in one of the few cities in northern Norway, Bodø. With 50k inhabitants it’s a small place, though one of the best talent factories in Norwegian football, now and historically. He’ll recieve a league winner medal from his early season with Bodø Glimt, their first in history. They almost held Milan to a draw at San Siro during EL qualification, with Hauge starring in the match, scoring, assisting and creating a lot of chances.

Hauge in and James out would’ve been a masterstroke. The boy is a baller.

Edit: and he cost next to nothing.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
His goal against Celtic was reminiscent of Martial's debut goal against Liverpool. Looks like a bargain buy for Milan.

Jibbs

I really thought we will get him before we bought Pellistri and Dialo on deadline day.

Eriku

I’ve only come across it on here, tbh, and to me it comes across as endearing.

as for Hauge, didn’t know anything about the bloke until he made waves against Milan, but he impresses me every time I see him.

Between Ødegaard, Haaland, Berge, Ajer, Sørloth, King, Elyounoussi, etc. we have the makings of a solid side. I’m expecting us to make it to a tournament within the next two qualifiers.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
I’ve only come across it on here, tbh, and to me it comes across as endearing.

as for Hauge, didn’t know anything about the bloke until he made waves against Milan, but he impresses me every time I see him.

Between Ødegaard, Haaland, Berge, Ajer, Sørloth, King, Elyounoussi, etc. we have the makings of a solid side. I’m expecting us to make it to a tournament within the next two qualifiers.
Aargh thanks for the update Eriku. Exciting times for the Norwegian NT as well, no doubt.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
What pisses me off is that we are one of the first big clubs to scout these lads but end up pussyfooting around until other clubs become aware and swiftly pick them up. We scouted Haaland when he was 17 and he scored four goals against the best defence in the league within the opening 20 minutes (they had conceded something like 3 goals in 10 games prior to that game). A quick call to Molde/Ole right after that game and we would have had dibs on the player for less than €5m. We scouted Hauge in July when he was tearing up the league, again didn't show any interest and again a quick call with the Ole connection would have done the job. Two months later he faces Milan in EL and right after the game they snap him up for €4m. What is the purpose of sending scouts to these games if we aren't going to act anyway no matter how well they perform in those games?

Hauge is a bit difficult to assess because half a year ago he had a verbal agreement to join a relegation threatened Cercle Brugge team. His rise since then has been meteoric and at 20-21 y/o he's a latish bloomer compared to other 'mega talents' (the words OP used). If he can continue to build on his awesome dribbling skills and seemingly good end product then this could be a sensational bargain for Milan. And unlike Haaland and Salzburg, Milan won't be crippled by a cheap release clause if he outgrows them.

Nick7

Yeah we do that a lot. Same with Upamecano. We were linked with him when he was with Valenciennes but never went for it.

Handré1990

What pisses me off is that we are one of the first big clubs to scout these lads but end up pussyfooting around until other clubs become aware and swiftly pick them up. We scouted Haaland when he was 17 and he scored four goals against the best defence in the league within the opening 20 minutes (they had conceded something like 3 goals in 10 games prior to that game). A quick call to Molde/Ole right after that game and we would have had dibs on the player for less than €5m. We scouted Hauge in July when he was tearing up the league, again didn't show any interest and again a quick call with the Ole connection would have done the job. Two months later he faces Milan in EL and right after the game they snap him up for €4m. What is the purpose of sending scouts to these games if we aren't going to act anyway no matter how well they perform in those games?

Hauge is a bit difficult to assess because half a year ago he had a verbal agreement to join a relegation threatened Cercle Brugge team. His rise since then has been meteoric and at 20-21 y/o he's a latish bloomer compared to other 'mega talents' (the words OP used). If he can continue to build on his awesome dribbling skills and seemingly good end product then this could be a sensational bargain for Milan. And unlike Haaland and Salzburg, Milan won't be crippled by a cheap release clause if he outgrows them.
Good post! It’s infuriating!

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Wasn’t there a couple of articles about our scouts being angry we missed out on a few players over the last couple years? I reckon Hauge might be one of those. His stats in Norway and the Europa League this season were very impressive, and he basically cost Milan pennies in this current market. It was definitely a deal we should’ve been more aggressive about.

At the time I said we should sell James to Leeds (who has since started 3 matches for us this season) and replace him with Hauge.

EDIT: I believe Upamecano was one of the players mentioned by the scout back in 2018.
Yeah we do that a lot. Same with Upamecano. We were linked with him when he was with Valenciennes but never went for it.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Yeah, cause splashing out €4 mill on Hauge, would kill any opportunity to sign a defender.
Point is. We needed another CM and a bloody good CB before yet another winger. Milan were always favourites after his performances in Norway.

Of course everyone looks great now after a couple of crap performances in Europe

Hoof the ball

Woah. Wonder what happened there? I thought he was playing well for them
He was but then his form dropped off a little and since they have so many players (he's 4th choice LW) in that position they went with Meite, because they're CM option is less stacked in the squad. It makes sense tactically, even if Hauge is better than him. Just a case of squad balance.

justsomebloke

Recent article in the Athletic claims that Ole had an internal review carried out last year, looking into why stuff like this occurs and how to avoid it. Specifically referencing the not-buying-Haaland thing.