Jesper Blomqvist

SATA

Part of the 1999 treble team and perfect back-up to Ryan Giggs. How did you rate him as a United player? I quite liked him and always felt he could have played more, but he had the Welsh Wizard in front of him

And just to throw in a random question, who's the better player? Him or Karel Poborsky?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Great name, and was a good back up.
Signing came after he had some good displays against us, and Giggsy's hamstring going once a season.

Certainly played his part that season.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
I found him a little frustrating, but he was good back up in the treble season. Then injuries ruined his time with us.

He was amazing when he tore us a new hole when he played for Gotenburg.

Poborsky probably had some better games for us than Blomqvist.

ricky-romeo

giggs had his fair share of injuries during the treble season. blomqvist did just fine whenever called upon.

shame about those injuries. his last appearance for us was the 99 champions league final if i am not mistaken.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
I always thought he was somewhat underrated. I take it being a back-up for the best midfield in the world would be one of the main reasons.

Amir

I don't know if he was ever fully fit during that one season with us, considering what he had to go through over the next two years. He did a decent enough job of giving us width, without being anything more than that most of the time.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
I thought he was a decent squad player that could put in a solid performance when called upon.

EverReddy

I used to find him a very frustrating player generally, often the point at which promising moves broke down. Then could do something amazing in the middle of having a generally poor game (bit like how some posters here feel about Nani, or Young). Guess that's wingers for you!

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
For us Blomqvist overall career wise Poborsky.
This.

I always felt for Poborski. He was technically a very nice player. But what can you do when David Beckham is emerging in your position?

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
I hadn’t even thought of the guy for years, but like many tonight I’ve been watching sky sports news on repeat so he is coming up every hour.

Why the feck did sky call Jesper Blomqvist for his thoughts on the Ronaldo transfer?

I’m glad he is looking well still though.

Tony Babangida

I liked Blomqvist. In a similar bracket to Poborsky, Fortune, Cruyff, as players that weren’t bad for us but didn’t stand out.

diarm

Saw the bump and thought he was coming back as well!

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
I hadn’t even thought of the guy for years, but like many tonight I’ve been watching sky sports news on repeat so he is coming up every hour.

Why the feck did sky call Jesper Blomqvist for his thoughts on the Ronaldo transfer?

I’m glad he is looking well still though.
:lol: Saw that live, was so random. They also rolled out Chris fecking Eagles and messed up the years he was at the club in the graphics (they must have looked at his youth career section on wiki).

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
:lol: Saw that live, was so random. They also rolled out Chris fecking Eagles and messed up the years he was at the club in the graphics (they must have looked at his youth career section on wiki).

:lol: Jesus Chris Eagles looking well too. Still living off that Everton goal

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
He just wasn’t very good. Luckily we had good players but if they were all his standard we wouldn’t have won much. Much like other squad players we had over the years…they become overrated because of what we won due to the great players we had.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
@Samid I’m glad you posted that because I thought I was tripping. I took a photo of him tonight and it shows 2003-08 and I kept thinking to myself I’m sure that said 2000-03 so they must have realised and corrected it at some point :lol:

FujiVice

Played in a champions league final and got a winners medal. That puts him above David Silva in my eyes.

Anyone remember when he tore us to shreds in 94? Probably a bit late in the day to stand out, but he was signed as a squad player and did that job well.

Becks_VII

Loved Jesper, great back up player for Giggsy. Played his part that season when covering. Poor fecker had his career ruined with injuries unfortunately

Mox+

Didn't he open up a pizza parlour or am I thinking of someone else?
Yep. He is there a lot too, last time I was there he took my payment. Seems like a chill guy, and the pizzas were top 3 best I've had in the Stockholm area.