Jesse Lingard | Seoul singer

SAFMUTD

I was wondering the same. When i checked on livescores during some Forest games he wasnt even on the bench and he also wasnt listed as injured. So he does still play for them?
He was subbed in today. He's in their squad but he barely plays. At the beginning of the season he was a starter but since January he lost his place and he's only play 4 games as a sub with less than 90' minutes between them. As awful as forest squad is it's clear Lingard is second/third choice at best.

Wether or not Forest is relegated it's obvious they won't extend his contract. I don't think he'll find any teams interested in him in the premier league, not as a starter at least, it wouldn't surprise me if next season he's in the championship.

Jam

He was subbed in today. He's in their squad but he barely plays. At the beginning of the season he was a starter but since January he lost his place and he's only play 4 games as a sub with less than 90' minutes between them. As awful as forest squad is it's clear Lingard is second/third choice at best.

Wether or not Forest is relegated it's obvious they won't extend his contract. I don't think he'll find any teams interested in him in the premier league, not as a starter at least, it wouldn't surprise me if next season he's in the championship.
Wasn’t he flirting with America before the Forest move?

Absolutely no chance he puts himself in the Championship, far too big an ego and doesn’t have the fight in him. He’ll go off to the MLS.

Last edited:

led_scholes

And there were people who thought that this guy was top 4 quality because of two purple patches in his 10 year career and that we owe him because he scored in a Fa cup final 7 year ago :houllier:

At his peak (2015-2018), he was an ok squad player for top 6. Nothing more.

SAFMUTD

Wasn’t he flirting with America before the Forest move?

Absolutely no chance he puts himself in the Championship, far too big an ego and doesn’t have the right in him. He’ll go off to the MLS.
MLS is a good call he's not by any means a big name but surely someone will take him there based on the fact that he's an ex Manchester United player.

I think his ego will take a big hit once he finds out no one is willing to pay for his current wages. I don't think he'll even manage to get half.

Stadjer

And there were people who thought that this guy was top 4 quality because of two purple patches in his 10 year career and that we owe him because he scored in a Fa cup final 7 year ago :houllier:

At his peak (2015-2018), he was an ok squad player for top 6. Nothing more.
The Lingard out squad turned out to be right. Even with his 'world class off the ball movement' he just was never good enough to play for a competing for titles Manchester United team.

He is very lucky to got the amount of games for Manchester United that he got and because of being a Manchester United player he also got quite a few England games. He profited from Manchester United being shit a lot.

I predict McT will have the same careerpath if he left Manchester United. Just not good enough and rated even lower when out of the Manchester United shine.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
The Lingard out squad turned out to be right. Even with his 'world class off the ball movement' he just was never good enough to play for a competing for titles Manchester United team.

He is very lucky to got the amount of games for Manchester United that he got and because of being a Manchester United player he also got quite a few England games. He profited from Manchester United being shit a lot.

I predict McT will have the same careerpath if he left Manchester United. Just not good enough and rated even lower when out of the Manchester United shine.
McT is far, far better than Lingard ever was and I expect him to be consistently decent throughout his career. He may not be United quality, but he's a decent PL mid-table standard player.

flappyjay

Bad career choice after bad career choice over the past 2 years by this man. Choosing to take a short contract (at a promoted team) when you have the option of a longer one at 29 years old is just plain dumb.

SAFMUTD

Another game he stayed on the bench even when forest made 5 subs. He's their highest paid player, must be really shit if he can't even get minutes as a sub in a team as limited as forest.

iHicksy

Really hope all you lot that were calling us Lingard haters and telling us to support him have woken the feck up now. He's not even good enough for Forest's bench and you guys wanted him to "be given another chance". Laughable.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

He should've pushed for a permanent move to West Ham after that loan spell. I remember thinking at the time it was odd that he stayed at United for another year. His career has gone downhill ever since.

Rex Banner

He should've pushed for a permanent move to West Ham after that loan spell. I remember thinking at the time it was odd that he stayed at United for another year. His career has gone downhill ever since.
I think he wanted to go tbf, think it was us who wanted to keep him.

I stupidly thought this was quite a good signing at the time, if he could replicate that form he showed at West Ham. Surely won't be playing in the PL next season. The MLS awaits.

SirAF

Ageist
At least he isn’t shagging hotel cushions this time.

His time at Forest has been worse than anyone could have imagined. The very definition of a footballing parasite.
:lol:

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Actually, suggesting that he acts like a 13 year old is actually an insult to 13 year olds. They're mostly far more mature than he is.

Considering his Mum's had some mental health issues, playing a 'prank' like that on her is in very poor taste. She looks totally baffled.

Last edited:

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
At least he isn’t shagging hotel cushions this time.

His time at Forest has been worse than anyone could have imagined. The very definition of a footballing parasite.
Don’t think he deserves that. Hasn’t worked out for him at Forest. But parasite is a bit much

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
What's going on with him? He's been an unused sub in all the recent Forest games, but hasn't played since coming on against us a month ago - any gossip or is he just done at Forest?

Jericho

That one year contract may have been a bad idea. Who would want him now?