Jesse Lingard 'to leave on a free'

saivet

I know it's popular to bash Lingard but I do feel the club handled him poorly in the past couple of years. Possibly it's a management issue (Ole) but we need to be better at telling players they aren't really wanted. That glimmer of hope seems to be enough for some it seems to stay when they aren't really needed or wanted.

A wider problem than just Lingard but hopefully they can deal with it better in the future.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I'm not sure that's true, mate. It was fairly well documented that he wanted to join West Ham last summer, but they weren't prepared to meet United's valuation so the transfer collapsed. I could be wrong, of course, but I recall reading something along those lines.
He turned down a move to West Ham cause Solskjær apparently gave him assurances, again we’ll likely get the truth once he’s fecked off and not only leaking his side of the story.

kps88

The amount of press coverage this is getting is so weird. I don't understand why his PR team are working so hard. It's actually hurting his image if anything.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
He turned down a move to West Ham cause Solskjær apparently gave him assurances, again we’ll likely get the truth once he’s fecked off and not only leaking his side of the story.
Yeah, I heard that too, but those assurances came after the transfer collapsed if I recall. Again, my memory of this is a little hazy. I probably need to stop drinking :nervous:

But those "assurances" turned out to be lies as Jesse barely got a look in. We really should have let him go last summer.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Good riddance to him in all fairness.

Feels let down by the club? We have felt let down by every minute he has featured this season. Him among others did not put the effort in.

For Jesse to now think we left him down, he can go jump off a cliff at this stage. Full of self image bullshit.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
The amount of press coverage this is getting is so weird. I don't understand why his PR team are working so hard. It's actually hurting his image if anything.
Are you kidding?! It's doing great for his image because the press are framing the story as "nasty United once again being nasty."

Someone asked earlier why journalists would frame the story this way for just a fringe player, if there wasn't any truth in it. It's because stories about United get tons of clicks, and negative ones give the usual twats an opportunity to insult the club in the comments section!

The Red Thinker

Jesse Lingard believes that he ought to have had a send off. After many years of dedication and loyalty... he felt he deserved it. BUT GUESS WHAT! The moment his transfer didn't go through, he's been leaking to the press all the shit in that dressing room. FECK THAT! That is the ultimate disrespect. I don't care how many years you been at United. The moment you turn on the club and decide to advance your own interests... you don't deserve the VIP treatment. Granted he's been done bad by the Glazers and the managers. But the moment he started leaking shit... he became persona non grata. Sorry Jesse. You broke rule number 1. I don't even know, but the evidence points to him being a toxisc influence. You may say that we created this moment and it was our doing... but if Lingard truly loved the club, he would not tarnish the great name of the club.

P.S: his brother is an absolute arsehole

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
By fans or by media/Lingard PR team, according to you?

I think it is funny to see media talking about him like he was a great footballer.
Certainly the media, but perhaps fed by Lingard and his ‘team’. Or just as likely, as @Mr Pigeon points out, the media just seizing another opportunity to portray United negatively.

Most fans don’t give a shite/are happy he’s leaving.

Suedesi

I know it's popular to bash Lingard but I do feel the club handled him poorly in the past couple of years. Possibly it's a management issue (Ole) but we need to be better at telling players they aren't really wanted. That glimmer of hope seems to be enough for some it seems to stay when they aren't really needed or wanted.

A wider problem than just Lingard but hopefully they can deal with it better in the future.
United handled him poorly. Jesse treated the club badly. Both statements are true. Most fans will back the club over Jesse.

Member 101269

With these media releases time to remove his locker, and refuse him access to anything united. Freeze him out

Member 101269

Yeah, I heard that too, but those assurances came after the transfer collapsed if I recall. Again, my memory of this is a little hazy. I probably need to stop drinking :nervous:

But those "assurances" turned out to be lies as Jesse barely got a look in. We really should have let him go last summer.
these “assurances” is an unknown absolute. It’s easy to point a finger when he didn’t perform when he had opportunity

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Will the club retire his shirt when he goes?
Yeah. They're planning to take his shirt from his locker, chuck it in a bin, and then chuck the bin into the sea. Just like we did with grandpa when he reached 67.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
1 half of the man child gone. We Just need pogba to go and we're onto a winner already.

L1nk

The amount of leaks to make him seem like some incredible footballer who’s been really hard done by is incredible. Ten Hag would be wasting his time? JLingz has a massively overinflated view of his actual ability, really cannot stand him, the fact i never have to read his name on the team sheet after this season fills me with joy. An absolutely shockingly bad footballer with very little goals and assists to his name considering his position

I’m loving my life

How long until his contract is up? We should have a minute by minute countdown until we get rid of him. I’m sick of hearing about him.

wolvored

Should probably not be forgotten how he went over a year without a goal or an assist. As a fairly regular attacking starter. At Man Utd!
Yes perhaps that should be sent as a reminder to him and his bro

Devil77

Not saying they’re wrong but how/why are people so sure that Lingard has been leaking to the press? Do we have any evidence of that?

Foxbatt

Not saying they’re wrong but how/why are people so sure that Lingard has been leaking to the press? Do we have any evidence of that?
Because a lot of times it has come out that the players are upset about the way Lingard has been treated and players feel that he should be playing more etc. Then the disastrous dressing room issues he told Scholes. The positive press he is receiving from the same media who posts all these leaks from United. There is no absolute proof but add two and two and it shows that he most probably is the one.

choccy77

"Blood, sweat and tears" my arse. The entitlement is just astounding.

Yes. We all know the higher ups are a bunch of incompetent clowns, but feeling like the club has wronged him after hes been stealing a living here for years is a bit rich

Him and Pogba (among others) are players who are much more concerned about themselves and their brands than the club. Get them the feck out and we might just begin to recover
I'm not in the right mindset to read that tweet.

Edy2

Looking forward to this and other cretins being gone from the club.

Ted Lasso

Has won me over.
New deal, 6 years150k a week post haste.
Did he really post that? I'm scratching my head here. It was barely a few months ago he posted himself in a West Ham kit in the middle of our season. It doesn't take a whole lot of empathy to know that's never going to sit well and to then act like we've abandoned him, this "child of United" is absurd. La la land.

Honestly if he hadn't pulled the Hammers stunt I'd be all for letting him stay, but that and the official confirmation he's been leaking information is all that I need to know. Simple situation now:

He really loves the club , take a massive pay cut and prove yourself under ETH or go

Kaos

Can we just clear out his locker, pay off the rest of his contract and tell him to do one. I don't want him in the building when ten Hag arrives, playing Chinese whispers with Rashford and the media.

Delano

232 games for United, 35 Goals, 21 assists. Those stats being padded by a "good" 17/18 season.

He is an absolute flag barrier for the mediocrity we've rewarded over the last 10 years. A glorified squad player who should've been sold years ago. No loss whatsoever.

Marcus

Can we celebrate free Lingard day? Like a recovery from a long illness.

caid

232 games for United, 35 Goals, 21 assists. Those stats being padded by a "good" 17/18 season.

He is an absolute flag barrier for the mediocrity we've rewarded over the last 10 years. A glorified squad player who should've been sold years ago. No loss whatsoever.
Way better than i expected. How many goals were in league cup or weak europa league games?