Jimmy Bullard is a legend

Brophs

The One and Only
Hull will probably try to sack him as they've been unable to get rid of him with the wages he's on.

davisjw

One of my old man's favorite players. Hull are doing what they can to get him to leave.

Brophs

The One and Only
Hull City have confirmed that they have terminated the contract of £5million club-record signing Jimmy Bullard.

The midfielder was suspended by the club in July following an alleged incident during their pre-season training camp in Slovenia and has now been shown the door, although he can appeal the decision.

Bullard moved to the KC Stadium from Fulham in January 2009 and was handed a four-and-a-half-year contract by former manager Phil Brown.

But the ex-Wigan and Peterborough man saw a serious knee injury suffered just 53 minutes into his Tigers debut force him to miss the remainder of the campaign.

He was unable to help Hull avoid relegation from the top flight the following season and the cash-strapped club were keen to see him depart to ease their wage bill, but no move was forthcoming.

Bullard spent the second half of last season on loan with Ipswich Town before returning to Hull, while QPR boss Neil Warnock has admitted his interest this summer.
Inappropriate

Chief executive Mark Maguire revealed in a statement on the club's official website that Bullard had been axed.

Maguire said: "I can confirm that the club has given notice to terminate the contract of Jimmy Bullard.

"Mr Bullard has a right of appeal and it would be inappropriate to make any further comment at this time that might prejudice this process.

"The club will continue to focus on the development and performance of the squad going forward and is concentrated on efforts to deliver a positive season on and off the pitch for the Tigers.

"We respect that there will be significant interest in this matter but will continue to act with professionalism and at all times in the best interests of the club."
Was always going to happen.

Brophs

The One and Only
Not a clue. But they've been desperate for him to leave to get him off the wage bill for a while now and they've obviously seen their chance.

fadas

They don't share this board's love of the little scamp, that's for sure. :lol:

Biscuit1871

They don't share this board's love of the little scamp, that's for sure. :lol:
Re: Jimmy Bullard
by batfink » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:49 pm

He's one of the great characters of the game and a lovable urchin with a heart of gold.
by WestHullonian » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:40 pm

Remember when he did that joke on the SkySports Player Profile? Where he pulled his shorts right up and did a daft walk?

What an absolute card.

Fond memories.
by WestHullonian » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:38 pm

I'm not. More of these pissed up, piss taking shenanigans.

I love how he's single-handedly raping the club with his excessive wage and all with that little cheeky cockney grin of his. Brilliant when he refused to go to Celtic last year, unless they paid him more.

Plastic face, cheeky chappy. Love him.

kf

You just don't understand him. His japery isn't completely unprofessional, it's just high jinx. He's not shown a lack of regard for the fans, his team mates and an excellent manager willing to give him another chance, he's just had a laugh. Jimmy's all about the shits and giggles. Get off his back and give the cheeky monkey a cuddle.
Misunderstood. Heavily. Can't people see this?

He's a just Clown Prince, much akin to Paul 'Gazza' Gascoigne and, er, Len 'Clown Prince' Shackleton. Bringing joy to the fans on the pitch, and his colleagues off. You can't bottle that sort of camaraderie. If you could, Mel Stein would have been peddling it down Borough Market in the mid-nineties by the pallet-load.

To typify this, did anybody ever hear the Physio rumour? That during his first spell out injured (with us), James was so bored that one day whilst receiving a rub-down, he offered the junior physio lad (probably on about £13k pa) £25k to wank him off? 'Cos he could, probably! Bless. If I was the kind of cnut to use 'LMAO', I probably would right now.

Indeed, I have no reason to believe this true; but think it truly represents just how much of a total legend 'Our Jimmy' is. I just hope all this mess is cleared up quickly, so the LAD can get back to what he does best. Sit in the physio room blowing cash on second-rate amateur handjobs. Bless.
Hull fans clearly have a sense of humour.

Guess they have to, living in Hull

Bullard sounds like a right twat.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22

He’s brilliant on this. The Di Canio stories alone are well worth a watch :lol: