Jim's drunkin corner

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Best version of this one is by John Lee Hooker - but not the 60s studio version, it's a live recording from the early 70s (I think). Can't find it on YouTube - it was featured on an official album, though, a live album that was re-released on CD at some point.

The original (performed by Amos Milburn) is a bit bland for my money - but also worth checking out.

JLH also did One Bourbon for his 1995 Chill Out album (featuring various "guest stars"). Decent enough version - even had a video (see below - JLH chillin' on a couch in a backyard).

ETA Not a couch, actually - just an armchair, but still: clearly chillin' (and playing guitar).

Milburn version:

Hooker, Chill Out version:

ETA Feckin' autocorrect - insanely annoying.

Last edited:

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Not sure what this thread is about, but I've just brought a bottle of Stambecco.

It's amazing, strong and tastes very Herby

BorisDeLeFora

Xabi Alonso is the best playmaker England has seen, and I'll have another bottle of merlot plz

studs

Just found this thread and I can post in it. Enjoy. Ps I'm not drunk, don't drink.

studs

No, you have to be drunk right now. Does red wine and double black JW go well together? We’ll find out tomorrow
Ah lads, all in is good anyway. Have a good Christmas and enjoy your drinks, cheers.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
what a feckin conversation...

First rule of the drunk club, if you wanna have a serious conversation maybe you should look for a book club.*

*not to say we don't read them, but we have a tendency to forget them. And reading books is intimate.