João Palhinha

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajds89

We’ll give them McTom for a discounted price if we can get this lad in return on loan with a obligation to buy next summer. Works for all right?

Godfather

Got excited for a bit until I realised all we are doing is give them McTominay so Bayern can have him

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I think a player like this is too good to sign in ETHs eyes. He wants an Amrabat/Hojbjurg who can rotate in and out when needed. I think he will continue with his Casemiro - Mount - Bruno experiment when Mount is back. Palhinha would be too good to rotate. We'd probably end up with Casemiro or Mount on the bench, which isn't gonna happen anytime soon as ETH won't be shown to have signed a dud.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Only €50m net spend currently. Only €40m last season.

edit: Pavard‘s sale brings them to €20m net spend and if Gravenberch leaves for another €25m-€30m…
look at me being pessimistic. :lol:
Pavard for €30m and Gravenberch for €40.

Even if Bayern has to pay €70 for Palhinha their net spend is only €50m.

MUFC OK

Great player, the kind of player we should be in for but it makes too much sense I guess.
Yeah, he's so out of place at Fulham. Should be at a top CL club competing for major honours. Would've loved him here but surely he's going for 60+m.

Dannn411

He's the type of player many on here would have dismissed because they had never heard of him when he was at Sporting. Super player.

crossy1686

career ending
Yeah, he's so out of place at Fulham. Should be at a top CL club competing for major honours. Would've loved him here but surely he's going for 60+m.
Yeah he will do but it's not like we've not had that money over the last 2 summers but were chasing names who were looking to get out of big clubs and want big wages though. Sad really when you think about the type of player Fergie would have gone for if he had this kind of budget available to him.

MUFC OK

Yeah he will do but it's not like we've not had that money over the last 2 summers but were chasing names who were looking to get out of big clubs and want big wages though. Sad really when you think about the type of player Fergie would have gone for if he had this kind of budget available to him.
I don't disagree but he's very much one for Casemiro's position and not an 8. Not sure it adds up therefore but wouldve been perfect in a couple of years.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Looks quality when I've seen him, also looked like someone who wouldn't have suited our needs in the slightest.

We ideally need someone who can play in place of Casemiro and alongside him. And someone who can do the latter isn't going to be a defensive midfielder who is more limited in possession.

I get people are unhappy with our transfer business but whining about us not signing every random midfielder is weird.

crossy1686

career ending
Looks quality when I've seen him, also looked like someone who wouldn't have suited our needs in the slightest.

We ideally need someone who can play in place of Casemiro and alongside him. And someone who can do the latter isn't going to be a defensive midfielder who is more limited in possession.

I get people are unhappy with our transfer business but whining about us not signing every random midfielder is weird.
Listening to Fulham fans speak about this guy and some of them say he's the best player they've seen play live in a Fulham shirt.

For someone so 'limited' he seems to pop up with big goals in big games and always looks the part. Manchester United has built its reputation on this kind of player.

No one's whining about not signing random midfielders, people are whining about us not doing smart business when players like this would absolutely improve us over players like Sancho, Mount, DVB, Fred, Antony etc.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Listening to Fulham fans speak about this guy and some of them say he's the best player they've seen play live in a Fulham shirt.

For someone so 'limited' he seems to pop up with big goals in big games and always looks the part. Manchester United has built its reputation on this kind of player.

No one's whining about not signing random midfielders, people are whining about us not doing smart business when players like this would absolutely improve us over players like Sancho, Mount, DVB, Fred, Antony etc.
The Fulham fans may well be right, he does indeed seem to be a quality DM.

He is also, as I said, not at all what we need. Because he would be an awful partner for Casemiro. We're not trying to set up like a rich man's Tony Pulis side, we don't need to pair Casemiro with another very defensive DM whose outstanding attribute is his ability to break up attacks. Scoring some goals doesn't mean he isn't the player he is.

Of course if we were just signing him to be cover for Casemiro and have the much more limited gametime that would entail, great. But he's obviously too good and too expensive for us to do that. So spending all that money on a player to sit on the bench would hardly be "smart business".

crossy1686

career ending
The Fulham fans may well be right, he does indeed seem to be a quality DM.

He is also, as I said, not at all what we need. Because he would be an awful partner for Casemiro. We're not trying to to set up like a rich man's Tony Pulis side, we don't need to pair Casemiro with another very defensive DM whose outstanding attributes are all defensive. Scoring some goals doesn't mean he isn't the player he is.

Of course if we were signing him to be cover for Casemiro, great. But he's obviously too good and too expensive for us to do that. So spending all that money on a player to sit on the bench would hardly be "smart business".
Copacabana Casemiro will be in Saudi Arabia come next summer. I'm not saying his legs are gone but he has not had a comfortable 12 months of football and I doubt it's going to get easier for him. Smart business would have been getting this guy and not getting Casemiro.

parmenio

Copacabana Casemiro will be in Saudi Arabia come next summer. I'm not saying his legs are gone but he has not had a comfortable 12 months of football and I doubt it's going to get easier for him. Smart business would have been getting this guy and not getting Casemiro.
Absolute nonsense. Case has been great biz and saved us last season. Maybe the saudis bid mental money next season. But Palinha is not Casemiro class.I like Palinha and him / Case would be a very solid platform to play on. Maybe Scotty +35m ?

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
We’ll give them McTom for a discounted price if we can get this lad in return on loan with a obligation to buy next summer. Works for all right?
Doesn't help our ffp position one bit. The issue's isn't a cashflow problem, so your idea doesn't solve it.

hobbers

We should be paying Fulham to keep him and do the swap deal in January/next Summer.

Perfect Casemiro replacement.

OleGunnar20

He's the type of player many on here would have dismissed because they had never heard of him when he was at Sporting. Super player.
To be fair there were a few on here singing his praises as the perfect ball winning midfielder while he was still at sporting. I think the consensus was that his passing might let him down, but he looks tidy enough so far. I fell in love at the first highlight reel, having always had a soft spot for a crunching tackle.

It's a shame we as a club have been worse at identifying these guys than some on here. Hopefully we improve one of these days!

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I was reading something about Tuchel wanting a defensively strong player due to the attacking players he already had his disposal. And just looking at Palhinha's stats at Fulham, he's quite limited on the ball and his best attributes are out of possession.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Surprising that Bayern are trying to sign him, he is a decent player but for the fee they can get better players and always thought Bayern were smart in the market. Last few seasons they are all over the place.

Maybe he will be a non entity when they will have possession and will only be active when they are out of possession.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
His stats last season were insane. Think he won the ball more than anybody in the PL by far, probably the whole of Europe too. He was very good against us, he sniffs out danger very well and is good at carrying out his role.
Exactly what Bayern need.

Mazraoui - Kim - de Ligt - Davies
Palhinha - Kimmich
Sané - Musiala - Coman
Kane

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
They still need a RCB/RB though.
Selling Pavard looks a bit daft at the moment.
To me it's the loaning out of Stanisic that looks the daftest decision in the context of the RB situation. Pavard wanted to go, keeping him would always have been less than ideal.

pocco

loco

Palhinha - Kimmich
Sané - Musiala - Coman
Kane
Yeah, I can't imagine him being a failure anywhere really, he just seems to naturally do what he is good at. Out of interest, what do you think about your wide forward/wing options these days? I'm surprised to see Sane in your lineup, I thought he entered flop territory a few years ago. What happened to the likes of Gnabry? At first glance I always look at Bayern and feel you're lacking in attack these days - it's certainly a far cry from the Robben and Ribery era.

Zlatattack

Yeah, I can't imagine him being a failure anywhere really, he just seems to naturally do what he is good at. Out of interest, what do you think about your wide forward/wing options these days? I'm surprised to see Sane in your lineup, I thought he entered flop territory a few years ago. What happened to the likes of Gnabry? At first glance I always look at Bayern and feel you're lacking in attack these days - it's certainly a far cry from the Robben and Ribery era.
That Robben and Ribery era was ridiculous. Glad for the rest of us they've retired.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Sané has had ups and downs here. Enough of the good stuff to keep faith in him for the club, although there have been prolonged spells of shite. This season he has started very strongly once again.

MO_Football92

Supports
Arsenal
I said two years ago Arsenal, United and Spurs should be looking at this guy. Was way cheaper back then too.

pocco

loco
Sané has had ups and downs here. Enough of the good stuff to keep faith in him for the club, although there have been prolonged spells of shite. This season he has started very strongly once again.
Fair enough. What about Gnabry? Thought he was supposed to be one of your best players last season? I don't follow much football out of PL these days.

Telsim

Palhinha - Kimmich
Sané - Musiala - Coman
Kane
That's a terrific team. The way we are playing, that midfield will carve through us effortlessly.

GlasgowCeltic

strong strengthening of the spine Bayern have done this summer, should really see the best of Kimmich this season with a DM next to him

Status
Not open for further replies.