João Palhinha

Hughes35

I really rare him. Should have signed him two years ago though.

Wouldn't be against this. Him next to Mainoo could be great

davidmichael

I think Palhinha is a fantastic player but much like with Casemiro we’re too late to make a move, the time was two years ago when he was leaving Sporting as now he’d cost £60-£70 million and coming up to 30 so we’d get a couple of years then be back to square one like we are with Casemiro.

There’s the likes of Varela or Redondo in Argentina or Thuram at Nice or the two at Monaco (Camara and Sarr ?) then there’s the two we’ve been linked with over the past few days, the kid at Valencia and the Ecuadorean and the most important thing is they’re all young and hungry with massive potential so fit the profile we used to go for in the pre Woodward days.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
£60m? One year of qualifying for the CL versus not qualifying, or thereabouts.

Really good player.
They latest rumors were €55-60m with Bayern having an agreement with the player but not wanting to pay this much. They are looking for a steeper discount on what they agreed upon with Fulham in the summer.

Bobski

Are people not concerned with how limited he is on the ball? The numbers aren't terrible but when I watch I am not seeing much range. Beast of a tackler but bringing in a guy in his late 20's who is all about engine and physicality with mediocre technical abilities does not seem to line up with many of the complaints that have been made about our current options.

When building from the back he tends to push forward and let Iwobi and Cainey drop in and make the play, gets a lot of his passes through picking up breaking balls and neutralizing attacks. Does that very well but you will not get much playmaking out of him from deeper areas. Maybe I have just watched the wrong games.

Last edited:

Andersons Dietician

To me he strikes me as the exact type of player we’ve made so many blunders on and should stay away from him. 60 mil is a large investment especially at his age and the rest of the money that would need spent to get the team up to speed. We’d be better once again buying for the future so we have a squad that is maturing together.

To be honest every time I’ve watch him I wonder what all the hype is about. He’s alright but sure we could find better at a better age profile.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
To me he strikes me as the exact type of player we’ve made so many blunders on and should stay away from him. 60 mil is a large investment especially at his age and the rest of the money that would need spent to get the team up to speed. We’d be better once again buying for the future so we have a squad that is maturing together.

To be honest every time I’ve watch him I wonder what all the hype is about. He’s alright but sure we could find better at a better age profile.
Yep. He's no better than when he signed for them for £17m 2 or so years ago. It was mad that we weren't in for him and Boubacar Kamara at the time but it would be even madder to go back in for him now at triple the price and him heading towards his 30s.

aeh1991

Same people who say let's get him, will be complaining why we spent 60m on an 28 year old who's not good on the ball. Keep thebfingers away from him. For that money you can also get Zubimendi who is much better for example.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Are people not concerned with how limited he is on the ball? The numbers aren't terrible but when I watch I am not seeing much range. Beast of a tackler but bringing in a guy in his late 20's who is all about engine and physicality with mediocre technical abilities does not seem to line up with many of the complaints that have been made about our current options.

When building from the back he tends to push forward and let Iwobi and Cainey drop in and make the play, gets a lot of his passes through picking up breaking balls and neutralizing attacks. Does that very well but you will not get much playmaking out of him from deeper areas. Maybe I have just watched the wrong games.
You did not. He is a beast defensively, but should be surrounded with supreme technical ability around him if we finally want to be a side who is comfortable going against heavy press from top sides. Which we might be able to do in some areas (Martinez, Shaw, Mainoo..), but for example you add Bruno and Rashford along with Hojlund on top and well, you conclude, we won't be able to compensate for it to full extent. And that he is simply not worth such an outlay at his age. At the price that Fulham paid 2 years ago, it is no brainer of course.

We are definitely a strangely built team, that's for sure.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München

Kerry hau reporting that Bayern has informed Palhinha that no transfer will happen in January. Not quite clear if that means not now or not ever, but he makes it sound like the latter.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich

Kerry hau reporting that Bayern has informed Palhinha that no transfer will happen in January. Not quite clear if that means not now or not ever, but he makes it sound like the latter.
He was so stupid extending his contract at Fulham if going to Bayern was his big dream.

gajender

He was so stupid extending his contract at Fulham if going to Bayern was his big dream.
He was already on long contract with Fulham so his transfer fee would be more or less similar even without extension , I think him extending his contract with pay rise is actually smart rather than pinning all hopes on transfer which may or may not happen .

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Tbf to him I think he still had a lot of years remaining but I almost remember reading that he had some sort of gentleman’s agreement (yeah, I know!) with Fulham when he extended. ie if bayern came in again, he could go as it gave them enough time to find a replacement (which was the sticky point in the summer iirc).

Anyhow, football moves fast. Do you thinks you guys will still come in for him or maybe you have identified another target?

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Tbf to him I think he still had a lot of years remaining but I almost remember reading that he had some sort of gentleman’s agreement (yeah, I know!) with Fulham when he extended. ie if bayern came in again, he could go as it gave them enough time to find a replacement (which was the sticky point in the summer iirc).

Anyhow, football moves fast. Do you thinks you guys will still come in for him or maybe you have identified another target?
The problem with the DM position at Bayern is, that they really only need a „proper“ defensive midfielder in maybe 12 games per season. In regards to other targets: i hope they consider Zubimendi.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
The problem with the DM position at Bayern is, that they really only need a „proper“ defensive midfielder in maybe 12 games per season. In regards to other targets: i hope they consider Zubimendi.
Zubimendi is a talent yeah. I get you, especially a large investment in a position you don’t need often. Or maybe a “DM” a little technically better than Palhinha.