Joao Felix

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
100m seems too much. Looks good, but so did Januzaj for a good minute. Doesn't look that special to me. Reminds me of Odegaard in his playing style. Should stay there and develop probably.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Like said "In the future" ;).....yes it was only against Chaves but that was the case for his team-mates too.....i saw now enough of him in the last two years (First-team, UEFA-Youth League and Portugal U-teams) that i would say a club must and will pay so much money for him.

But i hope for the Benfica fans and for the portuguese football that he stays at Benfica for a couple of years.
Now we’re talking. :)

Agree with you. It will be a good contest between him and Leão from the 99 generation for us.

First time I saw this kid playing live was on Alcochete at the under 19”s final stage.

He was much better than the players on that competition. I agree they should do everything to keep him at least 1 or 2 seasons.

Can’t believe I am saying this, he remembers more João Pinto than Rui Costa.

Pay attention to their number 6 Florentino too.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
100m seems too much. Looks good, but so did Januzaj for a good minute. Doesn't look that special to me. Reminds me of Odegaard in his playing style. Should stay there and develop probably.
Ah he actually hasn’t much to do with Odegaard but agree he needs to stay there more time to consolidate his game.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Like said "In the future" ;).....yes it was only against Chaves but that was the case for his team-mates too.....i saw now enough of him in the last two years (First-team, UEFA-Youth League and Portugal U-teams) that i would say a club must and will pay so much money for him.

But i hope for the Benfica fans and for the portuguese football that he stays at Benfica for a couple of years.
Feck Benfica.

SportingCP96

Supports
Adnan was never that good but he was overhyped for playing in the English league.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Ah he actually hasn’t much to do with Odegaard but agree he needs to stay there more time to consolidate his game.
You don't think? From the video they seem to have similar technique, both left footed, loves to move inside and give those through balls to runners in behind. Pretty similar to me, both have that lob pass on lock too. Seems a lot faster and more of an attacker while Odegaard is more of a midfielder.

Adnan was never that good but he was overhyped for playing in the English league.
He was fantastic but yes I think he got found out a bit his second season, in which he couldn't cope and regressed further. I wouldn't say he was overhyped based on his performances, they were top class, he just couldn't keep up.

Last edited:

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
You don't think? From the video they seem to have similar technique, both left footed, loves to move inside and give those through balls to runners in behind. Pretty similar to me, both have that lob pass on lock too. Seems a lot faster and more of an attacker while Odegaard is more of a midfielder.
Your last sentence is where we entirely agree. But I still believe in Odegaard, only don’t know if at the level of a Real Madrid.

@SportingCP96 under normal circumstances no player in Portugal leaves by that money. Not even close, but we are living on a era where Nakajima went to Qatar for 35 million euros or something like that.

SportingCP96

Supports

He was fantastic but yes I think he got found out a bit his second season, in which he couldn't cope and regressed further. I wouldn't say he was overhyped based on his performances, they were top class, he just couldn't keep up.
They looked more top class then they were because it was such a bad season for United and he was the only bright spot. When I saw him play he never looked like a world class talent.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Now we’re talking. :)

Agree with you. It will be a good contest between him and Leão from the 99 generation for us.

First time I saw this kid playing live was on Alcochete at the under 19”s final stage.

He was much better than the players on that competition. I agree they should do everything to keep him at least 1 or 2 seasons.

Can’t believe I am saying this, he remembers more João Pinto than Rui Costa.

Pay attention to their number 6 Florentino too.
Oh yeah :drool:....i saw him in games for Portugal's youth teams.....we have a similar young DM in our Academy (James Garner) otherwise i would hope our scouts are watching him closely.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Oh yeah :drool:....i saw him in games for Portugal's youth teams.....we have a similar young DM in our Academy (James Garner) otherwise i would hope our scouts are watching him closely.
He surely will be on the under 20 WC, I don't believe Félix will because he never has been called for the under 20's. Anyway they better gain experience on the Europa League for now. Regarding prospects at United isn't t Greenwood the most rated?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He surely will be on the under 20 WC, I don't believe Félix will because he never has been called for the under 20's. Anyway they better gain experience on the Europa League for now. Regarding prospects at United isn't t Greenwood the most rated?
Yea but Greenwood is a striker. I believe he was saying that Garner is a similar type of player to the midfielder you guys mentioned.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Like @Rozay has said yep Greenwood is our best prospect and Garner is the same type of player like Florentino Luis.

Well the U20 games were just friendlies (against the best european teams) and the U21 team (with him) hasn't qualified for the European Championships therefore to play the U20 World Cup would be surely great for him.
He could play the tournament because the U20 World Cup starts for Portugal on May 25 and Benfica's last match of the season is on May 19*

*I guess no one wants to see Benfica in the finals of the Taca de Portugal and Europa League :lol:

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Yea but Greenwood is a striker. I believe he was saying that Garner is a similar type of player to the midfielder you guys mentioned.
I know, was only asking because I heard a lot of good things regarding him.
Well the U20 games were just friendlies (against the best european teams) and the U21 team (with him) hasn't qualified for the European Championships therefore to play the U20 World Cup would be surely great for him.
He could play the tournament because the U20 World Cup starts for Portugal on May 25 and Benfica's last match of the season is on May 19*

*I guess no one wants to see Benfica in the finals of the Taca de Portugal and Europa League :lol:
Only saying that because I suspect he will be called to the Senior Squad, but the next under 20 friendlies will give a clue on what type of players will be called.

Regarding your last sentence... well I don't remember anytime on my life wishing anything good on them. Maybe not even drunk. :lol:

The only thing I want on the near future is that they can keep some of this players for more than 1 season, regarding the rest I hope they lose next weekend.

SportingCP96

Supports
Scores against Porto..... he has scored or contributed in every Derby he has played in.... he is just a teenager ..... ffs

chb23

Haha his teammate dragging him to starting circle

Rutan

A quote from the new Dimarzio story: He is born playmaker, he can also play outside attack. To the right or left, it makes no difference to him. Goals, assists and remote controlled launches.
https://gianlucadimarzio.com/it/chi-e-joao-felix-storia-statistiche-numeri

He will certainly add variety to our attack. I think debates about him being a 9-and-a-half or whatever and us playing 4-3-3 are academic, this kind of talent will contribute immensely as long as it's a football match.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
One thing is to be able to play central, left or right another is where he is more able to influence the game, and more than one time he played as a winger and he clearly hasn't the same impact on the game.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Unless we are preparing for Pogba to leave then I can't see it. He's going to be the main man in a team somewhere, we can't spend 100m on a bench player.

I'd rather we spent the money on Sancho.

Moriarty

Scores against Porto..... he has scored or contributed in every Derby he has played in.... he is just a teenager ..... ffs
What does he think of Real Madrid (if those views are known)? Just asking in case we do sign him and we end up with another 'only God knows the future' scenario.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
It really depends on how Ole sees the long term positions of Martial and Rashford. If he sees them as outside forwards (imo, which they are), who like to occupy the half spaces, then a 9 and half like Felix or Dybala can be someone we look to sign.

deadrevelz

If we bought him it might be best if he was loaned straight back to Benfica. Looks lightweight, not sure where we would play him and might be a good bargaining chip with Benfica if they know they can keep him for one or two seasons.

SportingCP96

Supports
What does he think of Real Madrid (if those views are known)? Just asking in case we do sign him and we end up with another 'only God knows the future' scenario.
I mean there is nothing in the media ever said about that but I would imagine most Portuguese players would like to play in Spain because it is close to home.

buckooo1978

And have him on the bench? That isn’t going to happen unless pogba goes back to playing as an 8
do you think Pep thought that when buying attacking midfielder after attacking midfielder

full backs and centre backs galore

if a player is good enough they will play

Adam-Utd

do you think Pep thought that when buying attacking midfielder after attacking midfielder

full backs and centre backs galore

if a player is good enough they will play
We don’t have city money ffs :lol:

Moriarty

I mean there is nothing in the media ever said about that but I would imagine most Portuguese players would like to play in Spain because it is close to home.
It makes sense, of course, that they would. It's amazing the amount of talented players Portugal has produced over the years and yet only one Euro to show for it. A bit like England since 1966 in a way; we never seem to get over that last hurdle.

buckooo1978

We don’t have city money ffs :lol:
of course we do

I think after our lack of spending last year and with a mini clear out (Fellaini, Rojo, Darmian, Sanchez?) Ole should have a healthy budget to spend

also put it this way - The Glazers are probably saving 40 million hiring Ole and not buying out Poch from Spurs

Untd55

I think he might go to Wolves; they have enough money to buy him.

It would be a good step for him into a club with loads of Portuguese.

MsNuno

Supports
Wolves

We have the money but whether we would pay it as we have to get round ffp but he's a Mendes client so anything is possible- he would look good next season playing alongside vinagre who is the same age and also a fantastic prospect.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
I don’t think he will leave and if he leaves Wolves doesn’t look plausible. He has been scouted by bigger clubs for a while.

Adam-Utd

of course we do

I think after our lack of spending last year and with a mini clear out (Fellaini, Rojo, Darmian, Sanchez?) Ole should have a healthy budget to spend

also put it this way - The Glazers are probably saving 40 million hiring Ole and not buying out Poch from Spurs
We need at least 4 positions covered before we worry about a fancy new CAM. For the players we need it won’t be cheap upgrading. I just don’t see us completing our squad before somebody else gets him. Do we even need him? not really.

A quote from the new Dimarzio story: He is born playmaker, he can also play outside attack. To the right or left, it makes no difference to him. Goals, assists and remote controlled launches.
https://gianlucadimarzio.com/it/chi-e-joao-felix-storia-statistiche-numeri

He will certainly add variety to our attack. I think debates about him being a 9-and-a-half or whatever and us playing 4-3-3 are academic, this kind of talent will contribute immensely as long as it's a football match.
WOAH!

SportingCP96

Supports

Benfica dont need to sell and he won't leave this summer.

Aloysius's Back 3

If Felix is coming here I don't see him as our CAM - he is going to be our false nine and the upgraded competition for Lingard.

We play most our games with 2 strikers and a false nine much more than people seem to realise & that false nine position is something that may not be necessary to a lot of fans but might be to ole and how he wants to shape his attack.

SportingCP96

Supports
Watched him today. 100mil?:lol::lol:. 20-30 mil max.
Wait until next week before saying that judgment. They have faced and beaten much bigger clubs then little Zagreb. I expect a 3-0 result next week.

Champagne Football

There's been so many kids from the Portuguese league in recent seasons that were meant to be the next big thing but never lived up to the hype.

Renato Sanches, William Carvalho, Gelson Martins, Goncalo Guedes, Andre Gomes, Joao Mario..... Then Nani, Anderson and Gaitan before that.

SportingCP96

Supports
There's been so many kids from the Portuguese league in recent seasons that were meant to be the next big thing but never lived up to the hype.

Renato Sanches, William Carvalho, Gelson Martins, Goncalo Guedes, Andre Gomes, Joao Mario..... Then Nani, Anderson and Gaitan before that.
Renato was never good I said that from day one he is very average. William is a great CDM and he should of moved to EPL and United back in 2014 he has that kind of quality. Guedes is decent once again was never a world beater. Joao Mario is a very classy midfielder who chose the wrong team in inter. Gelson the verdict is still out he is doing great things in Monaco. Nani was World class and Gaitan I honestly liked here in Portugal but he was never United quality.

Benfica players are very very overhyped in Portugal because the newspapers are all about Benfica. As a rival fan though I can say Felix is the real deal. Kid is nasty. All those other guys were never that good.