Joao Felix

Pronewbie

Peep
Whenever I watch him for Chelsea he looks a tidy, creative player who tries hard to carry a dysfunctional team in attack, but isn’t clinical enough. Therein lies the problem with him probably. A luxury 10 / SS from a couple decades ago.

I’d prefer Felix over Mount by the way, but it’s not like I’ve watched Mount closely.

Brightonian

Not sure I agree we cant. If we cant get Kane, there will not be that mang great options. Players like Oshimen and Muani will be in high demand from clubs like Bayern, PSG and Real Madrid.

If it is between Felix and Ramos I would easily prefer Felix.
His worst quality is in the most important area we need. We need a proven clinical goalscoring #9. Felix is a #10 with question marks over his ability to put the bulk of his chances away.

Giggsyking

Not sure I agree we cant. If we cant get Kane, there will not be that mang great options. Players like Oshimen and Muani will be in high demand from clubs like Bayern, PSG and Real Madrid.

If it is between Felix and Ramos I would easily prefer Felix.
I am not promoting Ramos, but you want someone who does not score goals over someone who scores?
You do know we need goals?

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Martial score more goals and is better holding up the play. I do not want any of them at the club. We need goals, not fancy flips and tricks.
Exactly.

Jaoa Felix is for the fanbase that judge footballers through their technical ability when there’s more to a footballer than just their technique.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Martial score more goals and is better holding up the play. I do not want any of them at the club. We need goals, not fancy flips and tricks.
Exactly.

Jaoa Felix is for the fanbase that judge footballers through their technical ability when there’s more to a footballer than just their technique.
I can't believe Felix was just compared to Martial :lol:

Anyone who thinks felix is just a player with fancy flips and tricks definitely hasn't watched him enough.

Bebestation

Anyone who thinks felix is just a player with fancy flips and tricks definitely hasn't watched him enough.
Same Way people felt about Sancho.

Giggsyking

I have watched him plenty plenty of times. There is a reason he is out loaned from his mother club. He is a very good technical player, but he is not what we want our need. We need and want goals.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
And now you compared him to Sancho, you're on a roll.
I have watched him plenty plenty of times. There is a reason he is out loaned from his mother club. He is a very good technical player, but he is not what we want our need. We need and want goals.
Yes, because he didn't suit their play, it's where attackers generally go to die over the past couple years and he fell out with the manager.

Im not denying we need goals but this lazy comparison to martial is frankly laughable, as is the insinuation he only brings in a bit of technique and nothing else.

jamesjimmybyrondean

If he had better endproduct he would have been perfect for us but we are already struggling with attackers who lack goals in them.

Bebestation

Yes, because he didn't suit their play, it's where attackers generally go to die over the past couple years and he fell out with the manager.

Im not denying we need goals but this lazy comparison to martial is frankly laughable, as is the insinuation he only brings in a bit of technique and nothing else.
I never compared him to Sancho - I said people were excited about Sancho because of his technique, the same way people are excited about Jaoa Felix because of his immense technical ability.

Giggsyking

So you want a striker that does not score goals :lol: . Ok you make sense.

Von Mistelroum

He's a really classy player who looks Chelsea's best by a mile when he's on the ball in terms of pure class, but he's a bit weird in that I dunno exactly where his best position is or how EtH could use him. He's not a striker, not exactly an AM as his passing isn't great (unless I've just seen the wrong matches) and isn't really a winger either...

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I never compared him to Sancho - I said people were excited about Sancho because of his technique, the same way people are excited about Jaoa Felix because of his immense technical ability.
For the 100th time it's not from technique alone

cyberman

Whenever I watch him for Chelsea he looks a tidy, creative player who tries hard to carry a dysfunctional team in attack, but isn’t clinical enough. Therein lies the problem with him probably. A luxury 10 / SS from a couple decades ago.

I’d prefer Felix over Mount by the way, but it’s not like I’ve watched Mount closely.
Part of the criticism he gets, and why he’s gets dropped, is that he doesn’t try hard enough.
There’s a reason Chelsea fans want him gone in the summer and it’s not because he’s their best player on the ball etc

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Man scored a goal against United when we were 4-0 up and suddenly he is clinical. Clinical and Felix dont belong in the same sentence. Its one of the reasons why Simeone wanted to get rid of him but couldnt because he is too expensive. When the manager would rather loan you out than have you then its pretty telling. Its not his money, if Felix has a decent value to his eyes, Simeone would have kept Felix as a squad player at least until they have a buyer.

Last edited:

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Not to mention Sancho is the same age, and Felix has yet to have an individual season as good as Sancho’s best. Likewise for Martial. Weird hill this guy is dying on

Giggsyking

He's a really classy player who looks Chelsea's best by a mile when he's on the ball in terms of pure class, but he's a bit weird in that I dunno exactly where his best position is or how EtH could use him. He's not a striker, not exactly an AM as his passing isn't great (unless I've just seen the wrong matches) and isn't really a winger either...
Simeone is not stupid. He tried him in every singel position, but he was still not good enough.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Before Lampard the reason for your disfunction was the inability to convert chances. And he was one of the culprits
This is true tbh. He’s a smooth operator and he looks classy doing the bits he does but for me he’s the definition of all bark no bite. I do give him some leeway because of the nature of the season Chelsea are having but I would not bring him permanently to Chelsea.

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

Simeone is not stupid. He tried him in every singel position, but he was still not good enough.
It's not just that. People look at Atlético's tactics, especially compared to Barcelona and Real Madrid, and believe that their attacking players are shackled by Simeone and don't get a proper chance to flourish. Which couldn't be further from the truth, since Simeone is actually very good at creating working partnerships in the final third. This, despite the fact that he used to lose his best attacking players to other clubs. He started with Falcao-Costa in 12/13, then, it was Costa-Villa in 13/14, Mandjukic-Griezmann in 14/15, and after that it was Griezmann or Suarez scoring the bulk of their goals with someone else chipping in. They spent big money on Felix, expecting him to be either the main man or the one of the two. He's not developing into that kind of player at the moment, although he still has time on his side. But if he can't make it at a team that actually needs his ability to run with the ball between the lines and under a manager who likes to play with two upfront, it doesn't look very good for him.

Last edited:

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
For the 100th time it's not from technique alone
Then what is it? Please list out what he’s actually good at? The man flicks the ball, does a nice short run and then misplaces the final ball. He’s not a goal threat, he doesn’t assist much. What’s exactly is he supposedly so good at? He embodies the term luxury player but he’s not even good enough to be a damn luxury in the first place.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Then what is it? Please list out what he’s actually good at? The man flicks the ball, does a nice short run and then misplaces the final ball. He’s not a goal threat, he doesn’t assist much. What’s exactly is he supposedly so good at? He embodies the term luxury player but he’s not even good enough to be a damn luxury in the first place.
He is a tireless worker off the ball, his positioning is clever, he is flexible across the front 3 or as an advanced midfielder and no, he doesn't often misplace the final ball.
Judging his values in part from a dogshite Chelsea side will skew the judgement. It's just a matter of time before he falls upon a club with an attacking ethos and maximizes those traits.

Syphon Wallet

Only possible way we sign this guy is on a cutprice deal or loan.
No club in their right mind will currently shell out a large sum for him.
He's at the stage now where he needs a good season before anyone would pay a 50m+ fee for him.
Atletico have a dilemma on their hands.

Giggsyking

I'm still firm in the belief that if we didn't have Bruno he would be an excellent option, as it stands though we have Bruno and other positions are way more important to fill right now.
Bruno is 10 times the player Felix is.

Barthez

He's a 50m player in my opinion. not sure how much his club has valued him at though?

Castia

£20m for a 6 month loan must be up there with the worst deals in PL history

SoCross

I'm the say way that eating a turd sandwich is better then easting two turd sandwiches, yes. You still end up with a mouth full of shit though.
Slight difference of about 8 million quid but yes yes, both poor loan deals.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He needs to think his next move very carefully. Atletico and Chelsea were poor moves.

Banana Republic

In just over 4 months, it cost Chelsea….
£4m per goal
£750k per appearance
£12k per minute he was on the pitch.