Status
Not open for further replies.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Scattergun is out I see.

the_cliff

At the end of the window there's going to be an in depth analysis on The Athletic on how our management was incompetent as feck and how we need change.

Rinse and repeat.

Different names same shit.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
We are so deluded, what the hell is wrong with these guys? Stop living in the clouds and get someone realistic to at least be able to be a competitive football club ffs.

izec

Trying to sign players befitting a club of this stature? Mendes will get Felix out of atletico if he wants him out of atletico. And Madrid would be daft to turn down 50m plus for a 30 year old. All about the money - do we have it?
We are not in 2012, but 2022 mate. We are a joke currently.

Zoo

What an amazing signing it would be though.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
What time will we get the ‘Joao Felix says NO to United’ tweet then? I’ll say half 7.

The White Pele

Trying to sign players befitting a club of this stature? Mendes will get Felix out of atletico if he wants him out of atletico. And Madrid would be daft to turn down 50m plus for a 30 year old. All about the money - do we have it?
Understand that but if you’re trying to sign a player of Joao Felix’s stature surely this is at the forefront of your plans and you move a lot earlier in the window than this. I suppose you could argue this could be a contingency with the transfer funds earmarked for De Jong but it seems a bit far fetched to me.

I’m sure we are interested in the player and may have enquired if we have money to splash to see if there is any remote chance but I doubt there’s any more to it than that.

Laurencio

What the feck is going on now.
It's not AS crazy as it sounds. There's a possible swap-deal with money coming into play here.
  • Simeone wants Ronaldo
  • Ronaldo wants to go to Atletico
  • Mendes is both Ronaldo and Felix's agent
  • Felix earns some 300k a week, Ronaldo is willing to reduce his wage to play in the CL and could very well accept 300k a week.
  • We would pay Felix more than that.

Speako

Yeah, well unless we knocked on the door like this, we’re wasting our time.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Understand that but if you’re trying to sign a player of Joao Felix’s stature surely this is at the forefront of your plans and you move a lot earlier in the window than this. I suppose you could argue this could be a contingency with the transfer funds earmarked for De Jong but it seems a bit far fetched to me.

I’m sure we are interested in the player and may have enquired if we have money to splash to see if there is any remote chance but I doubt there’s any more to it than that.
The Felix deal would be linked to the Ronaldo one. These things take time to fall into place. Maybe ETH did genuinely want to keep Ronaldo and only now Felix has been offered as a possibility is he up for it. Casemiro seems linked to De Jong looking unlikely.

Laurencio

Well given that all of these rumours have kept flying since about 6/7pm, it could very well be that the Americans have seen the shocking state of our team and signed off on a higher budget that we previously didn't have in order to secure Champions League football?

Lights Out

It's not AS crazy as it sounds. There's a possible swap-deal with money coming into play here.
  • Simeone wants Ronaldo
  • Ronaldo wants to go to Atletico
  • Mendes is both Ronaldo and Felix's agent
  • Felix earns some 300k a week, Ronaldo is willing to reduce his wage to play in the CL and could very well accept 300k a week.
  • We would pay Felix more than that.
One day, “Morata is part of our plans, we don’t want him to leave”
Next day “Here, take our golden boy franchise player instead”

Don’t you realise how ridiculous that is.

DamoK

I think their fans would riot if they sold Felix and got Ronaldo. In fact I think they'd riot before that would be allowed to happen

The White Pele

Well given that all of these rumours have kept flying since about 6/7pm, it could very well be that the Americans have seen the shocking state of our team and signed off on a higher budget that we previously didn't have in order to secure Champions League football?
That would be typical of the way we’re run wouldn’t it. Given additional funds in the last two weeks of the window that could have been used towards some of our primary targets earlier in the window had it been available.

Laurencio

One day, “Morata is part of our plans, we don’t want him to leave”
Next day “Here, take our golden boy franchise player instead”

Don’t you realise how ridiculous that is.
Of course I do. All the rumours tonight have been utterly ridiculous. Doesn't mean I won't have fun being entertained by the fantasy they are selling. All optimism will be sucked out of me on Monday, so might as well enjoy it while it lasts.

Eddy_JukeZ

Our board is absolutely shocking.

Nothing has changed at all.

Everyone associated with this shambolic window should be fired.

NRg

Next stop - Paris. Let's test the waters for Mbappe, why not?!

Laurencio

That would be typical of the way we’re run wouldn’t it. Given additional funds in the last two weeks of the window that could have been used towards some of our primary targets earlier in the window had it been available.
It would be classic Glazer behaviour.

You think we'll sign FDJ and João Felix?
Don't forget about Casemiro :lol:

Hoof the ball

This is officially the summer of Moyes.

de Jong, Casemiro and Felix would be our version of Fabregas and Bale. :lol:

"Oh shit. we're not going to get anyone. Let's send Murtaugh into Madrid and pretend like we went for a few superstars."

FrantikChicken

This is officially the summer of Moyes.

de Jong, Casemiro and Felix would be our version of Fabregas and Bale. :lol:

"Oh shit. we're not going to get anyone. Let's send Murtaugh into Madrid and pretend like we went for a few superstars."
The only question that remains is who will be the Ajax Fellaini equivalent that we’re gonna overpay for on deadline day.

Status
Not open for further replies.