Jonny Evans is a red...

Santos J

2 game contract it looks like. Not sure what we benefit from it unless it’s being treated as a ‘trial’
The ability to change the full squad again in one of the games considering Bennett is injured

Kopral Jono

If we sell Maguire then we need another backup. This makes more sense than signing a player like Kim who would demand to start immediately. I understand that teams like City are making such moves, but we have more pressing matters.

I like it!
This school of thought is where I belong. Like you I'm liking this a lot.

Ibi Dreams

This is so weird :lol:

Will be bizarre if he plays two pre season games for us then leaves

Blood Mage

He was amazing next to Vidic in 08/09, totally caught everyone by surprise as we all thought we were fecked without Rio.

Its all gone Shane Long

Upgrade on Maguire, even if it’s only for pre-season, sure if he does well get him on a rolling contract, club comes on Jan for him then let him go if we can get a better defender coke Jan

JB7

Would have enjoyed it more if we'd just sent him out wearing #99 in the two games and everyone, including the commentators, referred to him as "trialist".

But I do like Jonny Evans, great to see him back in a United shirt regardless of how long it's for.

Revaulx

It was the right thing for both him and us to have moved him on when we did. He needed a change to develop consistency in his game.

That said, he was always too good for West Brom.

Lovely to have him back for a while though :)

Lord Zlatan

He was amazing next to Vidic in 08/09, totally caught everyone by surprise as we all thought we were fecked without Rio.
Sat beside him on plane coming back from last game and asked him about that . Totally modest and gave others the credit re the 13 game run of clean sheets

Nickelodeon

Always thought he was one of those who we gave away for a pittance just because LVG didn’t fancy him at the time. Could’ve been a decent squad member had he been around Fergie’s time.

MF1138

Nice to have a player who knows what it's like to win the premier league with us in the squad:wenger:

Sylar

I reckon low wages, maybe a good reason to motivate Maguire to leave and take lower wages? A proper backup who will want to perform his best for us whilst he can (given his injury last year, it would make sense he would be used sparingly esp if short term).

Sparky Rhiwabon

Is this just for pre season as a favour to him or are we bringing him in as cheap cover to allow Maguire to leave? Hopefully the latter.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
I am currently having the same face reaction as Varane.
I assume he needs to sign something even if he only plays pre season games (he will probably get some money, insurance / treatment in terms of injury, etc.).

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Wasn't one former Leicester City defender bad enough
Funnily enough this former Leicester City defender was better for Leicester than the one we purchased for a record fee. He is the typical example of a player that had a tough time somewhere and found his form in a different environment.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Well this came out of nowhere. I like it though, always felt we should never have let him leave - especially as we only got about 3m. He was always decent on the ball too, Ten Hag might want him kept around as 5th choice should Maguire leave.

Sgreddevil

Another smart move from ETH who has been trying to give subtle hints to Maguire that he should just move on. Unfortunately even if captaincy stripped, it doesn't seem to have impact. Bringing Evans along for the preseason game and omitting Maguire should be plain obvious hint. I really hope he gets that soon and move on for his own sake as well.

Blood Mage

As much as I love Jonny this does feel a bit sentimental. My guess would be Fergie had a part to play in this.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Excellent. Just make Jonny captain now. You won't see Harry for dust. Simples.

quadrant

This is a nice story. Should we keep him for the season? It would be heart over head stuff, but its a nice thought.