Music Jools Holland Hootenanny | Happy New Year 2024 | Rick Astley alternative

Brophs

The One and Only
Fair play to Jools for being on the BBC this long and not being a paedophile. Tough line to skirt.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Only good thing about NYE tv is the London fireworks and they go and ruin them by going on about a dead woman.

arthurka

Apparently the quality of artists and music has never been better. At least according to the industry.. Jools seems to be finding it a bit tough finding a decent bunch to kick-start the party. What a dire shite this was.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Apparently the quality of artists and music has never been better. At least according to the industry.. Jools seems to be finding it a bit tough finding a decent bunch to kick-start the party. What a dire shite this was.
He was always in trouble when George Ezra was the headline act.

BBC1 didn't fare much better with some cult leader, the bloke from Darkness and Mel C. I remember them getting Kylie and Craig David in past years.

arthurka

BBC1 didn't fare much better with some cult leader, the bloke from Darkness and Mel C. I remember them getting Kylie and Craig David in past years.
Absolutely, this is getting a bit stale.

Sparky Rhiwabon

I thought the Eurovision guy was surprisingly entertaining tbf

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
I was resigned to the inevitability of this again, but it turns out there's a Rick Astley alternative on BBC1 and you get fireworks at half time, so I might give that a try instead.

decorativeed

fecking hell. Rod Steward wheeled out of the care home for the night and a bunch of absolute nobodies. And the alternative is an 80s nostalgia act.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Mary Wallopers stole the show. Very enjoyable.

Infinitely better than the shite that was on RTE !

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
Sat through a bit of this as guess it is a UK tradition and never realised it was pre recorded in middle of December. Load of shite anyway

RedNome

Cnut Rating: 9 (Conservative)
Rick doing The Smiths at Glasto was the stuff of legends, tonight not so much.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Haven't all the people (apart from Colin) who liked Jools Holland died off? They were making jokes about how no one watches it anymore 15 years ago in The Thick of It.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Haven't all the people (apart from Colin) who liked Jools Holland died off? They were making jokes about how no one watches it anymore 15 years ago in The Thick of It.
That was peep show wasn’t it?

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Happy New Year from the east coast of the US. I am sorry we feck everything up. #freedom #guns #Merica