Music Jools Holland Hootenanny | Happy New Year 2024 | Rick Astley alternative

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
She has leathery skin.

Would probably look last that though.

Smores

I've always assumed Sheeran was some kind of industry diversity hire for the gingers. You telling me if he had brown hair he'd be on our sets all the time? Nah

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
It’s weird how he’s cornered the market in naff pop songs using a loop pedal. Although, not gonna lie, I always find the loop pedal stuff interesting/satisfying.
His studio albums sound nothing like he does live, very full in terms of production, which makes his live performances less of an impact.

There was a band/solo artist called fog donkey doing the loop pedal stuff back in early 2000s, was way better than Sheeran.

There's definitely a talent to the loop pedal though, that lass, KT Tunstall?? Was amazing at it too.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
If Rag N Bone dressed as well as Gregory Porter, instead of covering his body with shit tattoos, I doubt anyone would think worse of him. He's got a good voice, but looks like a twat.
Evening Dad.

Balljy

Primal Scream from 2003 showing how a hootenanny is done

Revaulx

Thought Lulu was fab.

My daughter was amazed at how Lily Allen hadn’t aged at all. It hurt me to have to tell her it was a rerun of 2006 :(

It’s quite heartening to discover that a lot of you young folks think Ed Sheenan is a tw@t

Revaulx

I'm not a 'young folk' and I think he's a twat too.
Clearly not, as you also called out Rag N Bone’s stupid facial tattoos.

I think it’s Sheenan’s “look at me I am but a poor simple folkie” shtick that annoys me the most, while he’s actually part of a vast commercial juggernaut and performs in a sea of electronic gubbins. Plus his songs are crap and all sound the same. And he looks a berk.

He speaks highly of us though…

Minkaro

Apart from the appalling head gear, of course.
If Rag’n’Bone Man’s tattoos and Gregory Porter’s headgear got the posts they did, I’m just glad you didn’t have BBC One on. Olly Alexander might have caused lasting damage to you.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
I think this thread has run its course now.

We might have to find something else to do next NYE.
The hootenanny is what I’ve done since I stopped bothering to go out on NYE, it’s very sad to see it turn into such a shit show now. For the first time ever, I didn’t watch it all.

MoskvaRed

This programme is long past its sell by date. It seems to be the same guests every year combined with clips from 15 years ago when they could attract decent acts. Lulu was suprisingly good though.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
My favourite fact about rag n bone man is that he drives around his local council estate Mon-fri afternoons collecting discarded paraphernalia. Still one of us.

Acole9

Outstanding
It was boring, switched off at midnight. Predictable guests like Gregory Porter and Ed Sheeran.