Music Jools Holland Hootenanny | Happy New Year 2024 | Rick Astley alternative

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Loved Jamiroquia back in the day. I used to dance like a MF to Canned Heat!

Edit: that spelling looks wrong.
Heard a great story about him... when he was a nipper, about 14, he used to go to his local club to dance and the bouncers used to let him in despite his age because he was such a charismatic lad. He used to climb up onto a railing above the dance floor and do all his signature moves all night and inevitably used to have bottles thrown up at him. Apparently he used to catch as many as he could and stored them on a ledge for refreshments but occasionally used to launch one back where it came from and when it landed the bouncers used to drag out whoever it had hit because they knew that was the perpetrator because his aim was so good.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Heard a great story about him... when he was a nipper, about 14, he used to go to his local club to dance and the bouncers used to let him in despite his age because he was such a charismatic lad. He used to climb up onto a railing above the dance floor and do all his signature moves all night and inevitably used to have bottles thrown up at him. Apparently he used to catch as many as he could and stored them on a ledge for refreshments but occasionally used to launch one back where it came from and when it landed the bouncers used to drag out whoever it had hit because they knew that was the perpetrator because his aim was so good.
He's also a petrol head, so it's all good.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Loved Jamiroquia back in the day. I used to dance like a MF to Canned Heat!

Edit: that spelling looks wrong.
Growing up I idolised their first bassist - Stu Zender. I learned every single bass part from the first three albums. I met the guy once in a club in God knows where and he was what we would call a "gid cnut" as opposed to a "massive cnut" that I had been informed he would be.

VIC REEVES. I FECKING TOLD YOUSE.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Growing up I idolised their first bassist - Stu Zender. I learned every single bass part from the first three albums.
Fecking hell, me too! I gave up the saxophone and blagged my way into a band at 19. Taught myself the bass by listening to Jah Wobble, Stuart Zender and Mani and Tina Weymouth. Stu Zender was a maniac and Jamiroquai weren’t the same after he left.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I'm watching MU-RM 2003.

I'll welcome my new year with my favourite match.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Fecking hell, me too! I gave up the saxophone and blagged my way into a band at 19. Taught myself the bass by listening to Jah Wobble, Stuart Zender and Mani. Stu Zender was a maniac and Jamiroquai weren’t the same after he left.
My man! Yeah after he left and then Toby a few years later their music just took a massive nosedive. I'd even take an album like Synchronized again. Nick Fyffe did a decent job filling Zender's shoes, even if I didn't think it was true at the time.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I wish happy new year to you you degenerate dogs.

Volumiza

My man! Yeah after he left and then Toby a few years later their music just took a massive nosedive. I'd even take an album like Synchronized again. Nick Fyffe did a decent job filling Zender's shoes, even if I didn't think it was true at the time.
Yeah, I’m hindsight but it was a jolting comedown at the time. Synchronized isn’t a bad album even now, his first three albums are still really listenable.

Did you manage to sell your bass last week?

Wilt

Thought I’d spotted Cathy Burke ....then realised it was Rick Wakeman

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Dunno what's louder. The fireworks or the wee ned bastards from the crack dens down the road.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
This, folks, is a perfect example of the "modern singer" who can't actually fecking sing. They have a shite range and have to mumble to give their voice some fake depth. When they're singing in their apparent "comfort zone" they sound like a bag of drowning cats.

Volumiza

Oh my I remember watching this madness set with my ex wife in my little Victorian terrace, loved that house before I had to sell it to pay the cheating toerag off in our divorce! Aaah, those were the days!

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I feel bad for Tom Jones, he's trapped with Jools being forced to sing song after song. He tried to leave but the door has one of those childproof locks on it so he's pretty much fecked.

Wilt

Oh my I remember watching this madness set with my ex wife in my little Victorian terrace, loved that house before I had to sell it to pay the cheating toerag off in our divorce! Aaah, those were the days!
Saw madness at a stag do in 2018. I was the only one who had teeth and wasn’t covered in tattoos

Volumiza

I quite like Christine and the queens music but watching her perform it is really irritating.

She hosted a show on 6music last week and she was mega annoying.