Jose after the Juventus game

No11

Supports
Aberdeen
Why the feck should we care about class when we have won a tough match and Arabs are doing whatever they want in football ?!

Glory Man Utd and dont give a shit who likes or not however we win
yes, very good they won the match.
Performances have been poor in general, scraping wins. on the back foot for much of the games.
Mourinhos time here should be judged by how many Leagues he can win and how well he does in Champions League.
Truth is Man Utd are not close to winning either and never have under Mourinho.
If the club wants to compete at the highest level again he needs to go, simple.
As for the Arabs thing , Mourinho has had plenty money to spend.

fallengt

I did, but Im not a United fan. I just prefer people who rise above these things. Others do not, that's fine :)
Then what do you expect from us or Jose especially mate. Fergie wasn't exactly a saint either, he called Newcastle United 'a wee club' in his last year at United.

I'm not saying What Jose should or shouldn't do but his behavior was understandable.

Rajma

I was absolutely down with his post match antics. Found them hilarious even. I’ve always thought he was a great manager to have when you’re winning with him...possibly the best!

What I was less enamoured with, were his post match presser comments, about how this was such a momentous win for us because they’re so much better (because of money) and most of our players don’t have experience of games like this. Which is a ridiculous comment when you have players like Pogba, Mata, Matic, Sanchez, De Gea, Young, Smalling etc in the side, PL or CL winners and finalists, not to mention a bunch of players just back from the WC finals and semis... it’s just so needlessly and frustratingly undermining, because all it obviously serves to do is make “his” achievement seem more impressive, and heroically underdogy, like his “getting 2nd with these players was my best acheivement” and “football heritage” comments...playing down the club to play himself up, even if it makes his players feel unworthy for beating Juventus with fecking Manchester United! The team who bought their best player off them only 2 years ago!

It’s just utterly tiresome that he always feels the need to do this. Even when he deserves the credit. And it’s all the more weird when you have fans ready to jump down certain players (and previous managers!) necks for making similar excuses or being percievedly arrogant, yet when Jose does it, he’s “MY MANAGER!! Telling it how it is!”

I was delighted by last nights result. I danced around the room like a schoolgirl. I still want him to succeed. I was fully and aggressively pro-him for years. He was my preferred pick post Fergie and I was delighted when we got him (just search for any of my posts with his name) ... but he’s been undeniably disappointing, and not just because he hasnt challenged City or been allowed to buy another CB (or sell our current 2 best performers for that matter) It took me a long time to turn against him. And it happened very grudgingly. And it’s gonna take a lot more than a few hard fought scrappy wins and him continuing to act like we’re fecking Fulham to turn me back again... Im open to it happening, but it’ll take more. Is all.

If that makes me a sad, grumpy, killjoy curmudgeon, then so be it.
Echoing my feelings totally.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Then what do you expect from us or Jose especially mate. Fergie wasn't exactly a saint either, he called Newcastle United 'a wee club' in his last year at United.

I'm not saying What Jose should or shouldn't do but his behavior was understandable.
Ehh, not expecting anything really, I just thought I'd weigh in with my humble opinion. As for SAF, I dunno, with SAF it was just different. Big part of it is ofcourse my personal bias.

I think another good example of people acting similarly, but being treated differently for it are Cristiano and Zlatan. Zlatan is outrageously arrogant, but somehow, when he says he's the best, it's just awesome. He says it with a certain flair. You're not sure if it's tongue in cheek or if he's really just that fond of himself. However, when Cristiano says something similar it's just cringey. Entirely subjective, and some people may disagree completely, but that's just how I feel about it. I do want to emphasize, that I completely understand that some people love it so I don't mean to be an offensive twat.

Come to think of it, perhaps I'm just bitter against the Portuguese because they always beat us. I dunno.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I was delighted by last nights result. I danced around the room like a schoolgirl. I still want him to succeed. I was fully and aggressively pro-him for years. He was my preferred pick post Fergie and I was delighted when we got him (just search for any of my posts with his name) ... but he’s been undeniably disappointing, and not just because he hasnt challenged City or been allowed to buy another CB (or sell our current 2 best performers for that matter) It took me a long time to turn against him. And it happened very grudgingly. And it’s gonna take a lot more than a few hard fought scrappy wins and him continuing to act like we’re fecking Fulham to turn me back again... Im open to it happening, but it’ll take more. Is all.
This is precisely how I feel about the whole situation.

His antics toward the Juve fans at the final whistle is a step in the right direction for me - at least we know the old Jose still lurks within - the problem is he's just as likely to blow up following a loss to City at the weekend. You never know where you stand with Jose, he is just too inconsistent for my liking.

You can see why the guy is universally despised by football fans and enthusiasts of the game in general - particularly those he has been directly associated with such as Chelsea, Real, Juve and now United fans, too. Plus the whole 'he's a cnut but he's our cnut' wears thin given time.

SteveW

I don't like Jose's need to make everything about him.

But I felt Bonnucci and Dybala were at fault more than he was. There was zero reason for them to insert themselves into the situation. All Jose did was cup his ear. It was sour grapes because they lost nothing more. If our players had went after Allegri in a similar instance I guarantee we'd be the story and not Allegri

DrRodo

Honest worker, never posts
Thanks Mr Ancelotti. I disagree with the people wanting him to be a quiet character. Hes a cnut, our cnut, and he doesnt have to put up with those scum of fans insulting him. I dont care all the "he has to show better inmaculate behavior". I appreciate honest behavior myself a lot better. All i expect from him is the results

choiboyx012

Carrick>Hargreaves
I immediately started laughing when i saw that smirk, loudly enough my baby started crying in my arms. How the hell were united fans not doing the same?!

klsv

Neville and Ancelotti are classless cnuts :mad:

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
Why? Were they provocative to Jose ? Juve has always been a nice club with some brilliant fans and we have a good relationship. I have no clue why would he do it.

Did Allegri do the same in the first leg . Come on Jose .
They did provoke him at OT apparently.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

rojo81

Supports
Juventus
This was blown way out of proportion IMO. Of course my reaction as a Juve fan is to say "what a cnut", but i would be celebrating it if it was the other way around. Taunting and insults between the fans and the opossing team is just a result of the passion this game brings. The problem is when stuff like this escalate to violence, but in this case I dont think that was even close.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Juventus is disliked by every other italian club it seems. So, lots of people really enjoyed what Mourinho did.

SalfordCitizen

Watched it live on BT Sport and his reaction with his hands was reminiscent of Emilio Estevez's character at the end of the breakfast club right before the 'don't you forget about me song'. That's the kind of man who knows he's great and you definitely want him inside the tent spitting out than outside the tent spitting in. One of the more classic moments of Mourinho's reign. Also a catchy tune played by the Juventus Sound system as he does it made this a truly iconic Jose moment. Wish Jose could stay here for years and years and win us back the title, unfortunately he's bumped into the Oil Benefactors down the road which relatively makes that likelihood impossible anytime soon. Realistically he needs a hundred points in a Premier League Season, that's just not going to happen. Personally feel if he had Sheiks squad he could himself hit a hundred points. He won't be here in August 2019, its a shame but sometimes things in life don't go the way you want then to.